Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shanahan to be fired Monday

oldunclemark

I dont know how to feel about this. On one hand hes been holding them back, on the other this likely means Snyder is going full force on the RG3 train and giving him the Snyder star player treatment.

Depending on the guy the skins bring in, this could end in a franchise implosion.

I think he's tired of this nonsense...and if he isn't fired, he'll quit...

.....Houston wants a real coach..not some beginner

...don't bet your life he wont talk to Houston

He might try to talk to Houston. Theyll tell him to go away. Kubiak was part of his coaching tree and they just ditched him. It would make literally no sense to go to Shanahan, unless they wanted more of the same, instead of a new direction.

He might try to talk to Houston. Theyll tell him to go away. Kubiak was part of his coaching tree and they just ditched him. It would make literally no sense to go to Shanahan, unless they wanted more of the same, instead of a new direction.

They need a veteran coach with a veteran team..

Kubiak coach under Shanahan......who is a multiple Super Bowl champ as an assistant and head coach.

They aren't the same guy..and I don't think Houston wants a 'new direction'....They have a top defense in place

They need a veteran coach with a veteran team..

Kubiak coach under Shanahan......who is a multiple Super Bowl champ as an assistant and head coach.

They aren't the same guy..and I don't think Houston wants a 'new direction'....They have a top defense in place

Neither Shanahan or Kubiak are defensive coaches so that is moot. Also Houston's defense being good this year is a myth. They are among the worst, with one of the most underperforming secondaries in the league.

Houston wants a new direction on offense or they wouldnt have fired Kubiak. Shanahan is the same guy offensively. Hiring him would be literally the single dumbest move Rick Smith could make.

Neither Shanahan or Kubiak are defensive coaches so that is moot. Also Houston's defense being good this year is a myth. They are among the worst, with one of the most underperforming secondaries in the league.

Houston wants a new direction on offense or they wouldnt have fired Kubiak. Shanahan is the same guy offensively. Hiring him would be literally the single dumbest move Rick Smith could make.

You misunderstand what I;m saying

The owner said he thinks the defense is stacked and he wants an experienced NFL coach.

He wouldn't hire  Shanahan for his defensive expertise.  He's hire him for making the playoffs with 2 different franchises and winning titles in Denver.

Don't judge Shanahan by Kubiak ......Shanahan is a proven guy..

. If you want to reach the Super Bowl...you hire a guy who's been there. It would be dumb to ignore a qualified guy because he was the boss of the guy you fired, wouldnt it.?

Super Bowl vets include Lovie Smith and Mike Shanahan or a long time assistant who's been to the bowl.

Either would be a strong choice

You misunderstand what I;m saying

The owner said he thinks the defense is stacked and he wants an experienced NFL coach.

He wouldn't hire Shanahan for his defensive expertise. He's hire him for making the playoffs with 2 different franchises and winning titles in Denver.

Don't judge Shanahan by Kubiak ......Shanahan is a proven guy..

. If you want to reach the Super Bowl...you hire a guy who's been there. It would be dumb to ignore a qualified guy because he was the boss of the guy you fired, wouldnt it.?

Super Bowl vets include Lovie Smith and Mike Shanahan or a long time assistant who's been to the bowl.

Either would be a strong choice

Both are actually terrible fits. Lovie Smith runs an entirely different defense than Houston is built for, and would require a total rebuild of the roster. Shanahan runs the same offense and a schemes Kubiak does, and Kubiak just got fired for that very offense. They dont want the Denver run and gun.

Houston will hire a QB whisperer type coach to go with their first round selection franchise QB. A Gruden or Wisenhunt.

Shanahan may call it a career after this anyways. If not, a place like Tennessee is a better fit.

I dont know how to feel about this. On one hand hes been holding them back, on the other this likely means Snyder is going full force on the RG3 train and giving him the Snyder star player treatment.

Depending on the guy the skins bring in, this could end in a franchise implosion.

They're taking the route we did, bringing in their QB's offensive coordinator from college. If he takes the job that is

Shannahan has come along way from the superbowl winning coach in Denver.  I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but he certainly hasn't done his legacy any favors over the past 3 years.  The real problem is Snyder, yes.  But Shanahan and RGIII don't leave the situation with clean hands either.

yeah pretty much....when you have cage full of monkeys throwing poo, everyone ends up smelling like crap

dysfunction at its finest - tis the norm apparently

RG3 and Dan Snyder ran Shanahan out.

It's already been reported how Shanahan didn't want to give up all those valuable draft picks to get RG3 but Dan Snyder over ruled him and forced him to.  Once RG3 became a Redskin he got preferential treatment from Snyder the owner and went overhead the coach.  Giving up all those draft picks to get a fundamentally flawed QB who doesn't know how to play QB properly screwed up the Redskins for years to come.

Spread offense QB's are a hazard to themselves as they lack the intellectual capacity to be a real drop back pass QB and they can't rely on their arm to throw so they rely on their legs to run which increases the odds on injury.  This whole "spread offense" is an offense used in pop warner and high school for QB's and teams that don't have the capability to run a real offense which requires a talented QB to have good passing skills.

Not wild about Jim Rome, but I check him out from time to time. Every time he brings up Shanny he play's the B52's classic Rock Lobster in the back round. At first it didn't make sense, but then it made total sense. 

I assumed it had to do with Shanny's tanning habits