Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves: Adongo and Nixon elevated, Herron and Harvey to IR [Merge]

HtownColt

I would be interested in knowing Adongo's vertical. With his height he might be good at batting down passes.

Grigson did the measurements on him but did not post them. There was a picture somewhere on youtube showing him jumping with his hips near another person's shoulder which looked like maybe a 35in vertical. I believe his bj was over 11. He was also stated that he ran about a 10 flat 100 meters in high school.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will kinda' give B.W. a pass this year ( jj watt wasn't so hot his rooking year also), since he's facing so much transition. But no excuse for T.R. being this horrible.

Why? It's his second year. First year on the team. 11 games with the offense. He's been uprooted and moved to a new town. Hell, does he even have a house yet? It's a one year difference. These are young players. Don't let the instant success or some players on other teams deter your judgement of our young players.

Why? It's his second year. First year on the team. 11 games with the offense. He's been uprooted and moved to a new town. Hell, does he even have a house yet? It's a one year difference. These are young players. Don't let the instant success or some players on other teams deter your judgement of our young players.

Agreed

Adongo!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

You know we're riddled with injuries when all of our pre-season "projects" are now on the 53 :facepalm:

It's so sad that you can't help but laugh though haha

Maybe, but one could also acknowledge we still had many weak backups to go along with a few very weak starters.

Without Andrews pacifier Reggie, any contender dreams are GONE.

It is time to bring up and play ASAP next years hopefulls. I appreciate the moves.

Rogers and McNary have the size and speed to be Quality players. Excited about them. Better than DHB & Harvey.

Adongo could become a freaky pass rusher. We Gotta find help there that is 4 sure.

We have to have a better backup than Link, who will Never develope into a good starter. Go Nixon!

I like Adongo as a project, but why are we trying to make him into a linebacker and not a tight end?  I realize that won't be a need position after this year, once Allen gets back, but it is a much easier position to learn and doesn't require the instincts you need as a linebacker.  He has the perfect size at 6'6" 250, and just look at those rugby videos to see how hard he is to tackle. 

Look at the best tight ends in the NFL right now.  Jimmy Graham, Antonio Gates, Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron are four of the best tight ends in the NFL right now statistically and they were all basketball players who played little or no college football.  yet they all burst into the league to have impacts within their first few years of playing football.  I can't name a single linebacker, or any defensive player for that matter, who has had even close to the same impact as those guys without playing in college first. 

I like Adongo as a project, but why are we trying to make him into a linebacker and not a tight end? I realize that won't be a need position after this year, once Allen gets back, but it is a much easier position to learn and doesn't require the instincts you need as a linebacker. He has the perfect size at 6'6" 250, and just look at those rugby videos to see how hard he is to tackle.

Look at the best tight ends in the NFL right now. Jimmy Graham, Antonio Gates, Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron are four of the best tight ends in the NFL right now statistically and they were all basketball players who played little or no college football. yet they all burst into the league to have impacts within their first few years of playing football. I can't name a single linebacker, or any defensive player for that matter, who has had even close to the same impact as those guys without playing in college first.

can he catch?

I would guess the coaches have a good idea where to play him