Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Props to the Defense (merge)

snkdy

Yeah, our D went back to playing like it did earlier in the season. Our offensive line still sucks, and I don't think we have a single player on the roster that can change that this year. The O line is only as good as it's weakest link. Now who that is, is the question now. I always thought it was Mglynn and satele, but thornton looked AWFUL today.

McNary made some plays also! He's going to be good! Like to see more McNary and less Angerer.

Our offense sucked all the way till that last drive.

They need to give Togers more if a chance. I'm over DHB's lack of hands. I saw Rogers open a few plays and even got a pi called which was nice.

Defense needed to step up and did just that.

My God though. I matched Ralphie in A Christmas Story for curse words per second when DHB dropped that wide open pass around the 20 yard line. I have been very quiet lately, and I am a very optimistic Colts fan. I am usually an even keel person and rarely will anything get me upset. I admit that I was beyond PO'ed when DHB dropped that pass. He took at least 3 points off the board with that drop.

Get DHB Out Of The Game! I don't care what we have to do to save the Colts coaches from them selves, but someone needs to make sure DHB is not active for another game this season. I have seen enough, and like I pointed out before, this is coming from a very optimistic person and Colts fan. The DHB experiment has failed, and we need to move on immediately. There is no need to try and fix this situation with him, because the dude plain and simple could not catch a cold.

Jim Irsay, how about you spend a few less minutes tweeting this week and demand that DHB never be active for another Colts game again. If it means demanding he is cut tomorrow then it is what it is. We have to do something in the front office to save these coaches from them selves. If it walks like a duck, then guess what folks? It is a duck. DHB cannot catch a darn thing and he will only continue to drop big pass after big pass; week in and week out. Just cut his butt already and move on.

Back to the defense, Give it up for the Colts defense, because they just locked up the AFC South for our beloved Colts in 2013.

We still need a more consistent pass rush. I was screaming at the TV every time CJ was covered by a linebacker out wide and Wright was covered by a safety in the slot. McNary looked like a natural on the blitz.   

McNary is a natural rusher and will be another grigson gem. The guy would've been a first round pick, if not for his other obligations.

I'm not sure I would cut him, but please play Da'Rick Rogers over the guy, at least Rogers drew a PI the one time we threw to him

We have watched DHB for 12 games in a Colts uniform now. Have you seen anything that would make you pound the table to keep him? 

His drops are killing us. Absolutely killing us!

Can we at least send DHB to the practice squad if we don't cut him?  (might have to cut him first, but odds are he would clear waivers, and if he didn't.....oh well.)  

Practice squad reference is for his punishment....cutting him would be too nice.

Hardly PS eligible. But definitely second team eligible.

That drop was horrendous and it could have cost us the game. Rogers did seem to see a lot more snaps than DHB after that actually.

I noticed that too. It would have lit my top if DHB was in on the next series. I have absolutely given up on him. Cut him. We need to just cut our losses and move on.

Can we at least send DHB to the practice squad if we don't cut him?  (might have to cut him first, but odds are he would clear waivers, and if he didn't.....oh well.)  

Practice squad reference is for his punishment....cutting him would be too nice.

I don't think he's eligible.

How is he insane? Though his drops kill us I'd rather have DHB than Griff. Griff can't even get open to catch the ball, at least we can use DHB's skill set to our advantage and play Rogers over him.

My apologies if that is what is seemed I was saying. I never meant to insinuate that the poster was insane. I was talking about the coaches. We all have had those projects that we just do not want to give up on. We have so much invested that we just cannot come to grips with the reality that we are trying to mold a lame duck. This is one of those times for the coaches. They need to just give up on DHB and move on already.