Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Defense: 6Th Least Yards Allowed, But The Most Scored On.

GoGoColts

We are worst in time of possession per game (ToP/G) at 35 minutes per game and 2nd worst in 3rd down D, which is at 48% (surprised the Falcons are worst at 49%). But together, it is a double whammy for us. That is the most concerning set of stats to me. Even when our offense does not score, if we get a few first downs and punt from midfield as opposed to punting from the 20 yard line by going 3 and out, that would help our defensive numbers considerably, IMO. When Painter and the offense does not get a scoring drive, they should strive for fewer 3 and outs. We average about 15.7 first downs per game while the league leader, the Pats averages about 26.8 on offense.

Edited by chad72

GoGo......you have brought fail to this forum. One would think the fact that we're the most scored on defense would be a strong indicator that we also allow quite a few yards as well. :wtg:

Maybe if you weren't so busy treating the good people of this forum like punks, you would take more time to digest the basics of NFL football. What are your stats for the Colts converting on 5th down? :nutz:

Honestly...how do one start a thread like this, and make a statement like this, and be wrong?! Lol I'm not entirely sure what offensive turnovers you are refering to. Painter has 1 int (on the 2 minute drill of last week - 112 straight passes without a pick), 1 fumble lost (a blindside blitz by Polamalu that EVERY qb in the league would have lost), and Garcons fumble while foolishly reaching for extra yards. All of these games we had a legitimate shot at winning had 1 of many things been different. Blaming 3 turnovers in 3 games that we lost in the winding minutes of the 4th quarter is a stretch to say the least. I find it funny that so many people on here blame the offense...which has been the ONLY brightside on the team since Painter took over...instead of blaming Coyer, Caldwell, special teams, and the front office.

GoGo......you have brought fail to this forum. One would think the fact that we're the most scored on defense would be a strong indicator that we also allow quite a few yards as well. :wtg: Maybe if you weren't so busy treating the good people of this forum like punks, you would take more time to digest the basics of NFL football. What are your stats for the Colts converting on 5th down? :nutz:

+1

Our defense is pathetic. And, get ready for it, it gets worse - It's that way by design. The Colts brain trust (and never has a term been used so loosely) believe the bend, always keep a play in fornt of you, give a 7 yard cushion off the LOS to receivers, play with undersized players is the way to play defense. Unfortunately for these geniuses, the other 31 teams have easily figured out countermeasures. We rarely made any sensible in-game adjustments and keep the same personnel on the field that just don't have the talent to play in the NFL. People like Lacey and Rucker should be nicknamed toast because they get burnt so often. Our pass rush is bad even with Freeney and Mathis in the lineup but becomes truly pathetic when they are taken out (on almost every other play). Of course the other team waits until they are out of the game and then between our pathetic pass rush, lb droping into deep zones and no talented corners easily complete pass after pass or they simply run over our defensive midgets for huge gashes in the run game.

The only way we get better on defense is with a new approach, new players, new DC, new HC and the front office drafting players with size, skills, and power.

I've checked these statistics...

Compared to last year, defense's performance has dropped this season...at least offense's performance has sank too... What a combination!

I really don't think we've lost due to our offense...

We have lost due to the offense..

I think we're scoring 10 points less than last year and we were crippled at WR/TE last year....

Manning apparently is worth about 10 pojnts a game