Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laron Landry

Dark Superman

By far my favorite free agent signing..

Love his playing style,attitude and the speed he can play at..

When healthy he is truly a difference maker out there on the field.. He hardly misses a tackle and he always seems to be powering his way into the backfield stopping the running back for short gains..

He hits HARD.

Love his trash talking trait as well.. The defense needs a little attitude out there.

I think of he can force a few fumbles and pick off a few passes he should be a pro bowler..

I love this guy's game.  He is exactly what we needed at the Safety position for this defense.  If he can stay healthy, our secondary will be in the top 5 with the the guys that surround him.

Not a good day to make such a bold statement. I love Bethea but he looks a little bit old and you can't be a top secondary without a good amount of depth. Vaughn just sucks; nothing else to it. 

There was a play early on where Tate was going to push for a 1st down but Landry came in like a bulldozer and blew him and his own teammate (can't recall who it was) back. Very much Sanders-like.

It was our guy, think it was RJF. He plowed out guy harder that Tate! Lol. Btw whoever it was Tate was actually pushing him back and would have got the first down if it wasn't for Landry.

It was our guy, think it was RJF. He plowed out guy harder that Tate! Lol. Btw whoever it was Tate was actually pushing him back and would have got the first down if it wasn't for Landry.

Yeah that's what I meant. He nailed his own guy and held Tate up in the process haha. The guy is fearless!

When healthy he is truly a difference maker out there on the field.. He hardly misses a tackle and he always seems to be powering his way into the backfield stopping the running back for short gains..

He hits HARD.

Love his trash talking trait as well.. The defense needs a little attitude out there.

I think of he can force a few fumbles and pick off a few passes he should be a pro bowler..

I agree with the attitude. We've always been pretty quiet on defense. And it hypes up our defense

And I remember all the hoopla of him not being a part of voluntary mini-camp.

Landry has been awesome so far, he flies all over the field and makes just about every tackle I have seen him make. 

So far, our defensive FA signings have been good signings. Walden has been a solid player opposite Mathis. RJF has continually gotten pressure on RBs and QBs. Franklin is a boulder in the middle of the line and works well getting double teams. Toler has been inconsistent but he fits perfectly with what Manusky wants to do.

He hits HARD.

[/quote)

Very, very reminiscent of Bob Sanders..

he cant be blocked because of where he starts the play...and he's fast enough to get to the action...

.....I don't know about his pass coverage...he can be fooled...

....but he's a big factor if he can stay healthy