Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Walden

TheJACKCOLT

Another big game by Walden last night, he has played very well while Werner has been out. He is very active and seems to be all over the field. Really plays hard and gives his all. We really need Werner to continue to develop and become our second pass rush threat, in the mean time Walden has been lights out, starting to really feel good about Walden and Werner handling the strong side.

Another big game by Walden last night, he has played very well while Werner has been out. He is very active and seems to be all over the field. Really plays hard and gives his all. We really need Werner to continue to develop and become our second pass rush threat, in the mean time Walden has been lights out, starting to really feel good about Walden and Werner handling the strong side.

Surely you're not talking about Erik Walden? The same Erik Walden that wasn't worth the jersey he put on every Sunday? /sarcasm

Eriks played great and has performed exactly as Grigson and the personel team brought him in for. I am very pleased with his on the field contributions.

If Walden had elite speed he would have 20 sacks lol.

Exactly my thoughts. He gets good pressure but just can't catch up to QBs. It makes me laugh watching him run flailing his arms. Glad he caught Keenum eventually. Kudos to him though. He's giving it his all and has been playing very well.

I was one of those guy's that thought "wth! $16 million 4 YEARS for WALDEN?"

Its looking like a bargain now. Another solid year and the contract will have paid for itself with his current rate of productivity.

Question? Do you pronounce it as Wer•ner or Ver•ner, cuz Colinsworth has me thinking I'm wrong

He's from Germany, so it's "V"erner

Walden has played well the last couple of games.  Looking at his entire body of work for the Colts thus far he was still over-paid but if he plays the rest of the season like he has the last two games then his contract will prove to be a good one.

Werner is a rookie and needs to hit the weight room.  Once he "grows up" and gets some NFL size on him I think he'll do just fine.

I don't think lack of strength is his problem.  I think he's still having to think too much and that's hurting his speed.  I watched him quite a bit at FSU and he played a lot faster there than he is now and I think it's all mental.  He's still gaining experience playing 2 new positions and adjusting to the speed of the NFL so he's not able to just play and rely on his instincts.  Once he's so comfortable in the different positions that his responsibilities come second-nature then he'll be able to play at full speed and I think he'll become a very good player.