Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Halfway AFC seeds

-JJ-

I would hardly call it any whooping when Andrew only had 5 of 15 passes for 29 yards after Reggie went out in the second half. It ought to be interesting to see how we fair without Reggie.  I would guess TY will be doubled team like Reggie was but Reggie was able to catch about anything thrown his way. :)   The other WR and TE need to step up Big Time. JMO 

Luck was 0/3 with Reggie out. One of those incompletions being a drop by DHB at the goal-line. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck was 0/3 with Reggie out. One of those incompletions being a drop by DHB at the goal-line. 

I still feel it's going to be a challenge without Reggie because the other WR are not that consistent.   Fleenor had a good game but before that he has dropped quite a few catches.    DHB will have to do better and not drop a ball at the goal-line. JMO

its the tale of two stories

chiefs: average offense amazing defense

broncos: average defense amazing offense

Theyve played mostly the same teams. KC wins by 1-3 points. Denver wins by 20+. The games between them migbt be closer than that, but theres no evidence to suggest at the moment KC is better.

If Smith plays mistake free football and Charles controls the clock Chiefs stand a good chance of winning the West and beating Denver.

The Chief's will score their 17-20 points. Denver is held to their worst output of the season at 27-30. Thats how those games will go.

KC has the ability to put pressure on Manning. We all know how Manning plays when he is under pressure!

Yep. Manning struggles under pressure. Its why he will only be capable of 30 points instead of his usual 50. The Chiefs have yet to score 30, even against the Jags. KC is just incapable of scoring enough to beat Denver head to head.

The Chief's will score their 17-20 points. Denver is held to their worst output of the season at 27-30. Thats how those games will go.

I think somehow folks dont totally grasp what you're saying...when they match these two up..

KC has scored less than 30 points 7 times.....thier...... season high is 31..

Denver has scored over 31 8 times..and over 35 in every home game...

the weather can even the playing field..certainly....but on a clear, dry night..in Denver?

.KC has to play their best game of the year to keep this close

Manning was unstoppable in 04 too but he still only scored 3 points to the Patriots in playoffs. Colts D was better than Broncos current D too. Chiefs have a great chance and putting pressure on Manning will be a big factor. I expect at least 2 - 3 sacks right away and Manning to be pressured constantly.

Manning isnt invincible. Chiefs can hold him to 20 points! Their D is very good!

Its not just Peyton./...Denver started creating turnovers that last couple of weeks, too..

...I dont know how well KC is going to run on the Broncos improved run defense and they haven't thrown well on anyone..

Denver's pass 'D' stats are bad but they want you to try

Manning was unstoppable in 04 too but he still only scored 3 points to the Patriots in playoffs. Colts D was better than Broncos current D too. Chiefs have a great chance and putting pressure on Manning will be a big factor. I expect at least 2 - 3 sacks right away and Manning to be pressured constantly.

Okay. Then he will only score 30. KC still loses as the Broncos are good at stopping the run, and their mistake free offense scores max of 20.

Manning's gonna run into a team with a great D and get punched in the mouth! Dont be suprised if the Broncos lose in the 1st match in the playoffs. They arent built to win in the playoffs!

I can see that. But it will be a team with an offense that can score more than 30, meaning the Bengals or Colts. Not KC.

I still feel it's going to be a challenge without Reggie because the other WR are not that consistent.   Fleenor had a good game but before that he has dropped quite a few catches.    DHB will have to do better and not drop a ball at the goal-line. JMO

I think Fleener has had one drop all year. Granted, it was a doozy.

At this point I like KC and NE to get the bye with the Colts at 3 and Bengals at 4 although I think the Ravens could end up taking the North. Just don't trust Bengals yet.

First wild card is Denver and then I think the Jets. I think they will be good enough down the stretch to get possibly 9 wins. The Chargers could edge them out but the Chargers have the tougher schedule.

I said the Patriots will never make it to the AFCCG with that joke of an offense.

You do realize the Pats are currently ranked 9th in points scored? Not to mention 8th in points allowed. Teams that are in the top 10 in both categories generally go deep into the playoffs and represent their conference in the SB.

Okay. Then he will only score 30. KC still loses as the Broncos are good at stopping the run, and their mistake free offense scores max of 20.

I think you are missing danlhart's points . . . it is about match ups . . . who knows how many points Denver or KC will score when they face off head to head . . . you can not lock in an automatic +30 points just because that is their lowest output . . . if KC can play them tough, like we have seen many times with high power offenses not always putting up points, it may be closer than you think . . .  

You do realize the Pats are currently ranked 9th in points scored? Not to mention 8th in points allowed. Teams that are in the top 10 in both categories generally go deep into the playoffs and represent their conference in the SB.

9th and climbing fast. On the O side of the ball things have gone as predicted by those in the know. BB is having a good year. He's at his best with this type of team situation. He's loving the kids and the teaching. I can't remember seeing him this involved on the sidelines in the past.

I think you are missing danlhart's points . . . it is about match ups . . . who knows how many points Denver or KC will score when they face off head to head . . . you can not lock in an automatic +30 points just because that is their lowest output . . . if KC can play them tough, like we have seen many times with high power offenses not always putting up points, it may be closer than you think . . .

And you missed mine. I predicted Denver wins by 7 because KCs offense is inept. That is a close game. Danlhart vastly overestimates what KCs defense can do to Denver, especially since I think their o line will be healthier.

Awesome!  We're 8th in points scored and 7th in points allowed.

*goes to buy a flight to NJ in February*

Those teams usually don't have bad offenses.

Playing offensive juggernauts like the Bills, Steelers, Jets 2x, Bucs probably helps that defensive ranking.

Seriously though, I have no idea what to make of the Patriots at this point. Key injuries on defense and an offense that is reliant on two injury prone pass catchers leaves me skeptical.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Playing offensive juggernauts like the Bills, Steelers, Jets 2x, Bucs probably helps that defensive ranking.

Seriously though, I have no idea what to make of the Patriots at this point. Key injuries on defense and an offense that is reliant on two injury prone pass catchers leaves me skeptical.

The Pats are hard to predict this year.  But there is one thing I will say.  They could beat any team, on any day, and it wouldn't surprise me.  But they could also lose to anyone and it wouldn't surprise me.