Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting article on Richardson

IndyScribe

The author seemed to be all over the place while attempting to find blame. 

He could have saved a great deal of typing by just calling for continuity. The RB/O-line relationship is one of synergy. Time, repetition and proper coaching will result in Trent being a linchpin piece of this offense. 

If we had acquired TRich in the off-season, things would be different. Instead, this young talent has become the victim of a piecemeal roster addition. 

Money needs to be put into the O Line in the offseason. If he still fails with better interior blocking - it's all on TR. Our run blocking has been horrible for inside rushing for a VERY long time. When Peyton was here we were a pass first team and that's what they were good at blocking for. We still should be with the people we have -and that's why end up coming back to it after the new ground and pound philosophy fails. McGlynn, Satelle, Link, might be great guys overall but they can't block. Period.

He could have saved a great deal of typing by just calling for continuity. The RB/O-line relationship is one of synergy. Time, repetition and proper coaching will result in Trent being a linchpin piece of this offense. 

If we had acquired TRich in the off-season, things would be different. Instead, this young talent has become the victim of a piecemeal roster addition.

It kinda was. But I agree with you. Everyone must improve as a unit.

Money needs to be put into the O Line in the offseason. If he still fails with better interior blocking - it's all on TR. Our run blocking has been horrible for inside rushing for a VERY long time. When Peyton was here we were a pass first team and that's what they were good at blocking for. We still should be with the people we have -and that's why end up coming back to it after the new ground and pound philosophy fails. McGlynn, Satelle, Link, might be great guys overall but they can't block. Period.

If it's our o-line and not Richardson, then Dwayne Allen coming back will help him a lot.

If we had acquired TRich in the off-season, things would different. Instead, this young talent has become the victim of a piecemeal roster addition.

I thought it was pretty well done, I liked the gifs used to illustrate his points. I agree, it's going to take time. People are going to point to Bradshaw and how he did so well with no practice. But he was with the team and knew the blocking tendencies.

I still think the coaches have to know you can't use him as a hammer until the blocking improves, so it's on them too.

I thought it was pretty well done, I liked the gifs used to illustrate his points. I agree, it's going to take time. People are going to point to Bradshaw and how he did so well with no practice. But he was with the team and knew the blocking tendencies.

I still think the coaches have to know you can't use him as a hammer until the blocking improves, so it's on them too.

I think at this point Richardson has been here and practicing longer than Bradshaw considering he was out the preseason with a boot on.

So we should see Richardson put up Bradshaw numbers knowing this

the article said it blamed the OL more than Rich

It sounded pretty on the fence to me, saying that he worried Richardson may much closer to the Back his current stats say he is(and that he worried he was not worthy of a 1st round pick because of it much less #3rd in the draft) although even going as far to say  he did blame some of it on the O Line which is obviously true looking at the All 22 but he also said , I also broke that play down where he fumbled basically the same way the article did minus the formation name. Hey Im not against the guy, I hope he breaks out but many people want to put it all on the O Line and thats simply not the case, thats my frustration

Don't get me wrong, the author did well. Where he fell short was in summation. He left a few lingering questionmarks that seemed to point blame as opposed to simply finding cause for TRich's issues as circumstantial. Circumstance that should be cured with time itself. 

sure I did. The run blocking is bad. That isn't even up for debate

No its not but the run blocking has not been bad on every Richardson run either, He missed some holes and jumped cut into Fleener on the fumble he gave up (also turning his back on the play like he was just trying to "bulldoze" his way through)

It sounded pretty on the fence to me, saying that he worried Richardson may much closer to the Back his current stats say he is(and that he worried he was not worthy of a 1st round pick because of it much less #3rd in the draft) although even going as far to say  he did blame some of it on the O Line which is obviously true looking at the All 22 but he also said , I also broke that play down where he fumbled basically the same way the article did minus the formation name. Hey Im not against the guy, I hope he breaks out but many people want to put it all on the O Line and thats simply not the case, thats my frustration

it's a little bit of everything, from bad blocking, to formations/predictable play calling, to not making better runs. To me, Trent makes good runs and blocking breaks down. Play calling makes predictable, blocking is good, and runner has nowhere to go, or holes made, but Trent doesn't maximize. If it ain't one it's the other

it's a little bit of everything, from bad blocking, to formations/predictable play calling, to not making better runs. To me, Trent makes good runs and blocking breaks down. Play calling makes predictable, blocking is good, and runner has nowhere to go, or holes made, but Trent doesn't maximize. If it ain't one it's the other

Long story short...everyone needs to get better ESPECIALLY now with Reggie down

Why not? My point stands. Bradshaw had 3 weeks of taking full on snaps with the team. And only 2 as starter. Is Richardson just not football intelligent enough to learn the Playbook or what? I'd understand on passing plays maybe, but in terms of run plays it's time to nut up or shut up.

blocking is different per game. Play calling is different per game. Situations are different

Stop judging based on ypc.

I'm not judging by ypc ,I'm judging by what I see. He's just an average/dissapointing rb at this point in his career. "Oozing with potential" apparently

you better hope he is a bust at this point because there is going to be a multitude of people who will make you eat crow for a very long time.

you better hope he is a bust at this point because there is going to be a multitude of people who will make you eat crow for a very long time.

I will enjoy my delicious crow because that means he's helping the team significantly which comes first. I could care less if I'm right. I just hope that all of you will be willing to eat crow if I'm unfortunately right.

I'm not judging by ypc ,I'm judging by what I see. He's just an average/dissapointing rb at this point in his career. "Oozing with potential" apparently

Alright, "smart guy".  If you don't believe TRich is any good, how do you see our season playing out?  One and done in the playoffs because of Richardson? 

Alright, "smart guy".  If you don't believe TRich is any good, how do you see our season playing out?  One and done in the playoffs because of Richardson? 

How am i being "smart", Maybe trent is good but you can't say that you're not a little bit disappointed in what hes done for the team so far...or maybe you can. I can see us making it to the Conf. Chip if we have good match ups. As long as we avoid 49ers because I think they're starting to figure it out, just like us.. Trent wont lose us any game unless he fumbles like he did last game. One thing I'll give him credit for is that he has an endzne nose and doesn't put his team in a position to lose very often 

How am i being "smart", Maybe trent is good but you can't say that you're not a little bit disappointed in what hes done for the team so far...or maybe you can. I can see us making it to the Conf. Chip if we have good match ups. As long as we avoid 49ers because I think they're starting to figure it out, just like us.. Trent wont lose us any game unless he fumbles like he did last game. One thing I'll give him credit for is that he has an endzne nose and doesn't put his team in a position to lose very often

How would we meet the 49ers before the super bowl?

i am not disappointed in him

I am disappointed in our run game as a whole

I'm still willing to give Trent the benefit of the doubt this year. It's not like a 2014 late round first rounder is going to step in and dominate anyways barring you hit the jackpot. Even if Trent doesn't pan out this year but starts to kick butt next year that trade will still be worth it's weight in gold, let alone the fact the Colts still have plenty of games remaining this year.

That being said if he continues to struggle next year, I'll doubt the trade. Right now I still have a lot of confidence in him and still think he will break out eventually.

Trent is so young! We gotta just give him a chance.  He needs one breakout game and that's all it takes to get him on track, we just have to give him the blocks and he'll get it done.  He still doesn't look 100% comfortable yet so I'm waiting patiently and hoping for that breakout game.

Trent is so young! We gotta just give him a chance.  He needs one breakout game and that's all it takes to get him on track, we just have to give him the blocks and he'll get it done.  He still doesn't look 100% comfortable yet so I'm waiting patiently and hoping for that breakout game.

I really don't know if he can have that "breakout game". He plays very slow.

I still like the trade because he's a bruiser and I like the mentality of it. I wish he could just break for a few big runs though. 

All seems true to me, Richardson has power, a little wiggle, some speed & is tough And strong. Vision not so sure, our line is not great, but Cleveland's line is good and with about the same results? Brown when given the chance, has run well behind the same line. I think if our guards don't get pushed back he has a chance, maybe trying to hard, But Ballard honestly looked better to me. IMO proably a little better than average as a back to this point.