Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts: Three Wide Receivers to Replace Reggie Wayne

mintor

Having lost a several steps, as was apparent when I watched him earlier this year, he may be serviceable as a classic "possession" receiver. 

A guy to run the slants and hook-ins, short/mid-range stuff. Reggie wasn't exactly killing 'em with speed, we have at least 3 starters that stretch the field. I can seriously see Stokes eating up a defense underneath. 

The idea might not be as whack as it first hits the ear as. 

Agree, I feel the same way about Branch, Stokely, or another FA, (I know Brandon is on the Ravens roster but I am sure he could be had on the cheap)...

Colts don't need to overspend & bring in the second coming for a WR, the team has the guys to stretch the field,  just need to bring in a guy who is reliable to grab those short-mid routes & get 8-10 yards, a couple times a game...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is gordon a best case and nicks a desperation? one is a proven #1 receiver the other is starting to maek plays..one has some personal issues while nicks hasnt...why is gordon best case and nicks desperation?

I don't watch a lot of Giants games, but watching Nicks on MNF, he sure didn't help the G-men out with those dropsies, granted Eli hasn't been money this year, but Nicks had opportunities to bail Eli out a few times & those opportunities dropped right threw his hands, seems like the Colts already have a few players who have #1 potential if it weren't for the dropsies...

If I were Grigs I'd just look for the cheapest available WR with the most dependable hands, who can run some decent short routes...

Agree, I feel the same way about Branch, Stokely, or another FA, (I know Brandon is on the Ravens roster but I am sure he could be had on the cheap)...

Colts don't need to overspend & bring in the second coming for a WR, the team has the guys to stretch the field,  just need to bring in a guy who is reliable to grab those short-mid routes & get 8-10 yards, a couple times a game...

Exactly. Kinda bummed me out that Dustin had to come in here and ruin the idea with his facts.

why is gordon a best case and nicks a desperation? one is a proven #1 receiver the other is starting to maek plays..one has some personal issues while nicks hasnt...why is gordon best case and nicks desperation?

Gordon is a rookie contract for a few more years and Nicks needs a new deal now. Otherwise you are right about them talent wise. Its an issue of money

Gordon is a rookie contract for a few more years and Nicks needs a new deal now. Otherwise you are right about them talent wise. Its an issue of money

oh sure money wise it makes sense...

i realy don think we will trade...we are setting up for cap nightmare in a few years...

davis,, butler, freeman,  TY, castonzo, trent luck allen fleener thornton ...will all be looking for big paychecks eventually.. maybe trent and luck and ty still a little ways off, but is not that far away... davis is amust, i guess castonzo is also unless we get a LT on round 2??  thats cap that is going to be acumulated for lucks contract year...

and im not even mentioning veterans on short contracts like bethea and angerer and redding. grigson has to make some tough choices in  the following 3-5 years....now nicks? na dont think so

absolutely

you can use the pick on depth somewhere else

a team isnt built on how well your wide reciever is

Reggie Wayne is the biggest reason the Colts converted on 3rd down other than Luck of coarse. If someone doesn't make up for Reggie's loss, I hope everyone likes punting.

A thought: Grigson has made 15 or so trades. Have any of them been favorable? TRIch? debatable.

Don't expect a savior by way of trade. There is a reason the other team is looking to jettison said WR. I would love to see a trade that eases the pain of losing Reggie, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.

If we trade said pick for Blackmon , he could be that big body wide out we bin needing for years , trading picks for proven young players is good , we would be like the cowboys with Akman , Irvin and emmit , lol luck, trich , Blackmon, with Ty taking the slot back over , dHb on the other side deep threat , Havili , return of Allen development of Fleener , we gonna. Be a problem that teams any deal with

If we trade said pick for Blackmon , he could be that big body wide out we bin needing for years , trading picks for proven young players is good , we would be like the cowboys with Akman , Irvin and emmit , lol luck, trich , Blackmon, with Ty taking the slot back over , dHb on the other side deep threat , Havili , return of Allen development of Fleener , we gonna. Be a problem that teams any deal with

blackmon is not going to be traded

and blackmon has been playing the slot for the jags.  and he is killing it.  all kinds of flaws in your post

blackmon is not going to be traded

and blackmon has been playing the slot for the jags. and he is killing it. all kinds of flaws in your post

Hmmm , we will see. , jags are not in love with him grigson love young some what proven talent , it is possible jags ate gonna have a fire sales these next seasons they want a complete over haul

Why does everyone think we will trade for a WR.  We will just move everyone up on the depth chart.  I hope we do not do a trade,  its not like a WR can just come in and produce.  it takes time to get familiar with the playbook and get rhythm with the QB.  You do not replace Wayne with Britt(too many injuries), Gordan(head case), and especially Nicks (too many injuries).  You replace him in house and thats exactly what we will do.  So my answer is someone on our squad this year and Wayne will be back next year.

Why does everyone think we will trade for a WR.  We will just move everyone up on the depth chart.  I hope we do not do a trade,  its not like a WR can just come in and produce.  it takes time to get familiar with the playbook and get rhythm with the QB.  You do not replace Wayne with Britt(too many injuries), Gordan(head case), and especially Nicks (too many injuries).  You replace him in house and thats exactly what we will do.  So my answer is someone on our squad this year and Wayne will be back next year.

Yep! LaVon Brazill! Look out for him!

Just curious, outside of his possible suspension what makes you say Gordon is a headcase?

Going to be an eye opening experience for some here in regards to the wr talent we have (especially regarding the role they will have to undertake and there ability to separate consistently) I see that right now, We all better have our seat belts on, I think there will be some bumps and pot holes along the way. I am hoping we do just enough to remain atop the division

Going to be an eye opening experience for some here in regards to the wr talent we have (especially regarding the role they will have to undertake and there ability to separate consistently) I see that right now, We all better have our seat belts on, I think there will be some bumps and pot holes along the way. I am hoping we do just enough to remain atop the division

Doesn't hurt to at least give our current receiving core a shot. They may actually surprise us

My darkhorse/fantasy candidate is Justin Blackmon lol.

I was among those who thought they should've drafted a receiver this last year. It isn't too late though. They could trade for Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, Hakeem Nicks or any slew of talented receivers. Blackmon is my favorite potential target and would actually be a perfect compliment to Gordon. I think its going to be really funny when Grigson trades for some stud receiver that none of us guessed.

to keep this conversation going, saw this on SI.com

http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/23/nfl-trade-rumors-jared-allen-justin-blackmon/?sct=nfl_t1t_a2

It talks about a few "mock" trades, and has the Ravens giving up a third round pick for Justin Blackmon. A third round pick? That raises a few questions:

Would the Jags even consider trading Blackmon for a third round pick?

Would the Jags even consider trading Blackmon within the division?

Lastly, would you hypothetically want this trade for the Colts?

Justin Blackmon

good thing the colts didn't make the trade.