Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Walden

TheJACKCOLT

Guest TeamLoloJones

DHB had one good play on a reverse or end-around...can't remember exactly.  Catching a thrown ball is still a challenge it seems.

Maybe DHB should play HB for a few snaps a game.  He's got close to Chris Johnson speed.  Run a few screens with him in the backfeild and some jet sweeps.

No...he dropped three passes though...he is useless on deep routes other than a decoy..he is good on short routes ...he has dropped 5 passes last 2 weeks// We need to activate Rogers and see what he can do..

no, no hr hasnt. i don't think you know what a drop is

no, no hr hasnt. i don't think you know what a drop is

u just want to argue over anything..the dude alligator arms long passes period...he is decent on short to intermediate routes,,,he had 2 tds that could have changed both games and dropped them both..

u just want to argue over anything..the dude alligator arms long passes period...he is decent on short to intermediate routes,,,he had 2 tds that could have changed both games and dropped them both..

they weren't drops. Just because you want to say they were doesn't make it fact.

no receiver makes those catches even 50% of the time.

And DHB makes those receptions much much less than "no receiver". I don't understand why anyone is defending him, I'm not aimlessly bashing him here, he has shown us he is unreliable catching a pass in traffic all year and he did the same in Oakland.

As for Walden, I was very impressed. I really hope he keeps it up.

I am glad to see this.  I am glad to see Grigsons vision coming to life.   All the guys he signed are team players and play specific roles.  And they are starting to jell.  Walden got a lot of grief but he is a much better pass rusher than given credit and has been a solid player.   I do wish they would throw the ball to Fleener a bit more in the red zone to use his height like the Pats do with Gronk.

And DHB makes those receptions much much less than "no receiver". I don't understand why anyone is defending him, I'm not aimlessly bashing him here, he has shown us he is unreliable catching a pass in traffic all year and he did the same in Oakland.

As for Walden, I was very impressed. I really hope he keeps it up.

But it seems people are just bashing him. He had 1 bad game when everyone did. He helped the Colts win a game against the Broncos and now someone is even calling for Rogers to take his place. It's kind of ridiculous.

I think we should try get DHB the ball with some screen passes, he showed what he can do with that pace on his td and the end around. Keep trying to hit him long, something is gonna stick. Though he did have drops, his game vs the Broncos has partially changed my opinion on him.

Walden was immense along with the rest of our d. Grigs is definitely the front runner for executive of the year again.

But it seems people are just bashing him. He had 1 bad game when everyone did. He helped the Colts win a game against the Broncos and now someone is even calling for Rogers to take his place. It's kind of ridiculous.

First off, I never said start Rogers over him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, disagree if you want but I'm pretty confident in this... DHB is a tough after the catch WR, get him a screen and solid blocking and he's gone, he's not agile but he has great straight ahead speed. He has almost no separation skills running routes, even on go routes he has a hard time separating and he will rarely make the tough catch in traffic (below average). He is supposed to be a deep threat WR but I can't remember him ever catching a bomb, TY Hilton who is about a foot smaller is much better (understatement) catching the deep ball in coverage. He is a body catcher, who is so unconfident in his hands that he jumps and catches with his chest on easy passes which really kills any YAC giving defenses time to close on him, rather than running through the catch and staying at full speed.

He has been invisible in about 5 of our 7 games and that was with Reggie Wayne drawing most attention. I don't know how anyone can honestly say they are confident in him to make the big catch in coverage at crunch time. I believe he can break off big plays here and there but in a close game I am not happy with him as our #1 or #2.

I am glad to see this.  I am glad to see Grigsons vision coming to life.   All the guys he signed are team players and play specific roles.  And they are starting to jell.  Walden got a lot of grief but he is a much better pass rusher than given credit and has been a solid player.   I do wish they would throw the ball to Fleener a bit more in the red zone to use his height like the Pats do with Gronk.

These past three games he's shown some serious pass rushing moves, including a somewhat effective spin move. If he keeps that up, I think his role will expand, even when Werner comes back. Still needs to be more disciplined on the edge, and if he can set that edge a little stiffer, we'll be better against the remaining teams on our schedule, which is mostly traditional run teams.