Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name a trade option thread

backshoulderfade

Yep he did. I would challenge anybody to stay on their feet from the same hit from a guy that big when you're not expecting it. It was not a flop by any stretch. Did Luck exaggerate it after he realized what was happening? Maybe, but definitely not a flop.

I'm not even sure he exaggerated....he is putting his hands up near his helmet before Vickerson even gets there, which makes it look like he is flailing as he goes to the ground. I'm fine if he did flop though...Vickerson has no one to blame but himself.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even sure he exaggerated....he is putting his hands up near his helmet before Vickerson even gets there, which makes it look like he is flailing as he goes to the ground. I'm fine if he did flop though...Vickerson has no one to blame but himself.

I agree. I'm not convinced he exaggerated either. Someone said that Vickerson clearly pulled up and I completely disagree. Pulling up would imply that he was trying to avoid contact, He actually lunged towards Luck with his chest to hit him. 

I agree. I'm not convinced he exaggerated either. Someone said that Vickerson clearly pulled up and I completely disagree. Pulling up would imply that he was trying to avoid contact, He actually lunged towards Luck with his chest to hit him. 

Again, semantics.  I'm the one that said he pulled up and he clearly did pull up.  What I mean by that is he pulled up to slow down his momentum instead of continuing at full force towards Luck.  He didn't try to avoid contact, that part is obvious.   It was certainly unnecessary, dirty and should have been flagged but it was not a vicious hit by any stretch and I do believe that Luck exaggerated on his way to the ground.  

Again, semantics.  I'm the one that said he pulled up and he clearly did pull up.  What I mean by that is he pulled up to slow down his momentum instead of continuing at full force towards Luck.  He didn't try to avoid contact, that part is obvious.   It was certainly unnecessary, dirty and should have been flagged but it was not a vicious hit by any stretch and I do believe that Luck exaggerated on his way to the ground.  

I get what you're saying. I agree it wasn't violent by any stretch of the imagination, but I still think that Luck could have just been caught off guard when he fell. Either way, it doesn't really matter. Vickerson was flagged and should have been so it's all good.

I think we are really overhyping this. Losing reggie is a BIG ISSUE... from both a leadership standpoint and a veteran experience presence. But this team is RESIELENT, it has GRIT. i think hilton, DHB, brazil know what pressure is beign put on them as of the moment. they will be ready if called upon. I have predictions however. No matter how good Luck has been, Grigson is one who would rather pay and be safe then not pay and risk it. He did it with trent after we lost vick ballard. We lose reggie wayne and i guarantee he will find someone to trade for by the end of this week. I say Doug Baldwin for a 3rd or 4th. Its a good one. He would come right in at number two and work up to number one. he has played well in his career so far. Seahawks will gets their man (harvin) back soon so i think grigson will get doug balwin away from the hawks. Updated WR:

1. DHB (atleast for one or two games)

2. Doug Baldwin

3. TY (best in slot, number three kinda numbers)

4. Brazil

5. Whalen or they will bring in some veteran

For all you da rick rodgers fans, waht most dont understnad is that THERE IS A REASON THAT HE IS STILL ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD. his potential is off the charts but he is known to be sluggish, has no motor and doesn't actually try sometimes (he breaks off routes if he sees the ball not on him). the coaches will not trust him in this higher pressure situation when they didnt trust him before when our WR core was good. I say he will spend time on practice squad and MIGHT get a 6th slot if reed gets sent out. 

We will be fine. if we get doug, gordon, nicks (waste of a pick imo), luck will use the week to adapt with him and we shall be fien over the years. And coby will be a huge 3rd down target im predicting it!!!

#coltstrong

I agree about Vickerson and the exaggeration is what I mean when I said "flop".  He exaggerated the hit, which drew attention to it and got the penalty.  I don't see anything wrong with it but it was definitely exaggerated...ie. a flop.

People react very differently when they don’t expect it. Luck had his back to Vickerson, and he had already thrown the ball, so he did not expect to get hit. I think that is what makes his body language look like he exaggerates the hit. He just got surprised.

Did he not restructure his contract to make only 840,000 base salary for this year? If he is traded the guarantee money counts towards TBs cap, right? This would make the contract not too bad.

I think his contract was structured to be front loaded in the first two years. They may cut him after this year anyway.

I accept that challenge.  Besides, I think this is just a matter of semantics.  You said yourself he exaggerated.  An exaggerated fall is exactly what I think of when I hear the term "flop" used regarding an NFL player.  The "hit" by Vickerson was not a violent one by any means...he clearly pulled up.  I wouldn't call it anything more than an exaggerated bump but again...semantics.   :)

sounds your Denver fan is upset of losing.

I found this on our current WR's coach Charlie Williams,

Williams does have a connection to Hakeem Nicks...

"Williams came to Indianapolis after spending the previous five seasons (2007-2011) as the wide receivers coach at the University of North Carolina. While in Chapel Hill, Williams was responsible for the development of 2008 first-team All-ACC wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, who finished his three-year Carolina career with 14 school records. Nicks set school records for career and single-season receiving yardage and after a remarkable 217-yard performance in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, declared for the NFL Draft where he was selected in the first round (29th overall) by the New York Giants. In 2008, all three of Williams’ starting wide receivers were selected in the NFL Draft, including Nicks, Brandon Tate and Brooks Foster."

Guest TeamLoloJones

Maclin is rehabbing his torn ACL from early August...so he cannot play this year.

But he is sure to be on Grigson's radar next spring. Maclin will be 26 next May.

The person I was responding to asked what FA Wrs would be available next offseason...not sure why you had to argue.

I found this on our current WR's coach Charlie Williams,

Williams does have a connection to Hakeem Nicks...

"Williams came to Indianapolis after spending the previous five seasons (2007-2011) as the wide receivers coach at the University of North Carolina. While in Chapel Hill, Williams was responsible for the development of 2008 first-team All-ACC wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, who finished his three-year Carolina career with 14 school records. Nicks set school records for career and single-season receiving yardage and after a remarkable 217-yard performance in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, declared for the NFL Draft where he was selected in the first round (29th overall) by the New York Giants. In 2008, all three of Williams’ starting wide receivers were selected in the NFL Draft, including Nicks, Brandon Tate and Brooks Foster."

These connections rarely mean much, but Nicks might be the direction they go in if Gordon is out of reach. The contract situation means the Giants will take just about anything for him.

Its still a deal that would make me nervous though. I do not want to be in Grigson's shoes come time to re-sign free agents if that deal is made.

I would agree with this, I'm fine if he did flop.  

It's not like Luck was drawing a flag that should not by ordinary rules go out anyways.  The only thing he did, if he did exaggerate was make it more noticeable to the ref.

It was just a dumb penalty.

I would agree with this, I'm fine if he did flop.  

It's not like Luck was drawing a flag that should not by ordinary rules go out anyways.  The only thing he did, if he did exaggerate was make it more noticeable to the ref.

It was just a dumb penalty.

definitely agreed.  

People react very differently when they don’t expect it. Luck had his back to Vickerson, and he had already thrown the ball, so he did not expect to get hit. I think that is what makes his body language look like he exaggerates the hit. He just got surprised.

That very well could be.  Luck was definitely caught off guard and Vickerson definitely knocked him off balance.  :)

Could Blackmon be traded by Tuesday?

On Tuesday night’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN, former Chiefs G.M. and Patriots V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli flagged Justin Blackmon as a player who could be moved, given that he was acquired with the fifth overall pick in the draft by former G.M. Gene Smith.

Obvious candidates for his services include the Colts and Falcons. Indy needs a replacement for Reggie Wayne, and Atlanta could use a replacement for Julio Jones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/23/could-blackmon-be-traded-by-tuesday/

Could Blackmon be traded by Tuesday?

On Tuesday night’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN, former Chiefs G.M. and Patriots V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli flagged Justin Blackmon as a player who could be moved, given that he was acquired with the fifth overall pick in the draft by former G.M. Gene Smith.

Obvious candidates for his services include the Colts and Falcons. Indy needs a replacement for Reggie Wayne, and Atlanta could use a replacement for Julio Jones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/23/could-blackmon-be-traded-by-tuesday/

While we're at it, let's get them to throw in MJD.

Did he not restructure his contract to make only 840,000 base salary for this year? If he is traded the guarantee money counts towards TBs cap, right? This would make the contract not too bad.

I think his contract was structured to be front loaded in the first two years. They may cut him after this year anyway.

He's due $30m over the next three seasons.

Just wanna throw my two cents in I know I'm a little late.

Main guys being mentioned Blackmon/Gordon/Britt are all young & talented. But to me I can't see it with their off field issues & possibly being close to a year suspension. Not to mention the younger two will at least cost a two.

So I was thinking outside the box and came up with a guy I really like. Denarius Moore. He's done pretty well for never having a real good QB. He's cheap for now, young, and a speedster. And since he's a raider I'm sure they at least entertain an offer with DEN/KC in the same division. Now I doubt he's even available but if he was, our 3rd for Moore seems like a fair deal. I think he has 1,000 yard potential with Luck.

I dunno I just wanted to throw out someone a little different.

Maybe but NE does not part well with draft picks.....they hoard them like crazy.

Grigson loves to hand draft picks out like beads on Mardi Gras. Then again it does not truly bug me since I am not a big draft person every year. It can bore me.

Jules, you seem very well versed in this Mardi Gras tradition. Have you partaken in the festivities? lol