Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The media is one sided.

Stephen

Someone fact-check me here, but I don't think he failed a drug test. He failed to show up for a drug test. Thus, the substance is unknown.....it's unknown if he even took a substance. If I were forced to guess, I'd say ganja.

Oh....and stop spreading stereotypes about smokers. It's not 1959 anymore. smoking.gif

Wth are you talking about spreading stereotypes? What part of I have smoked and I have guys who work for me who DO smoke and they are straight burt out. That's stating a fact in my own personal life. Sure I know plenty of guys who smoke and are cool responsible business men. Then you got your burnouts

Well, big D.J. Fluker and King Dunlap the San Diego tackles completely shut him down last week...I think if he had a bigger game they would be talking about him him...He got simply dogwalked last week...

Yeah they hold with the best of them.

Wth are you talking about spreading stereotypes? What part of I have smoked and I have guys who work for me who DO smoke and they are straight burt out. That's stating a fact in my own personal life. Sure I know plenty of guys who smoke and are cool responsible business men. Then you got your burnouts

That's weird. You mean to tell me, if you abuse something, it has negative effects? 

BTW: Was just joking with you. It's one of my pet peeves, people that drink alcohol who think smokers are all burnouts. (I have no idea if you drink or not). 

That's weird. You mean to tell me, if you abuse something, it has negative effects?

BTW: Was just joking with you. It's one of my pet peeves, people that drink alcohol who think smokers are all burnouts. (I have no idea if you drink or not).

Would drink more in past but pretty much chilled on that also. Been on a mission in the weight room. Trying to chase my 20's, lol.

I stated that in my original post, they are burn outs. Big difference in occasional tokers. And burnouts. Sadly I have to deal with more burnouts, lol.

My point being. If I'm a professional athlete I don't think I'd be wasting my time getting my buzz on. Didn't turn out good for Ricky Williams at least. Lol

Would drink more in past but pretty much chilled on that also. Been on a mission in the weight room. Trying to chase my 20's, lol.

I stated that in my original post, they are burn outs. Big difference in occasional tokers. And burnouts. Sadly I have to deal with more burnouts, lol.

My point being. If I'm a professional athlete I don't think I'd be wasting my time getting my buzz on. Didn't turn out good for Ricky Williams at least. Lol

Good luck in the weight room!!!!

The media opinions are to be expected...how could they be otherwise after we stunk up the joint so badly in San Diego.

That performance was so bad that even if we improve a lot we still fall wayyyyy short of the Broncos.

I've actually seen several people picking the Colts. I'm changing my prediction as well, with the news of Landry and Freeman coming, and after giving deeper consideration to the match-ups. 

I see the Colts winning this one. 

NEVER judge a team the way the media does, by their last game. It's a fools endeavor. 

I've actually seen several people picking the Colts. I'm changing my prediction as well, with the news of Landry and Freeman coming, and after giving deeper consideration to the match-ups. 

NEVER judge a team the way the media does, by their last game. It's a fools endeavor. 

Geez, I hope you are right...but I cannot see Denver getting out-scored in this one.

I noticed you were on the Denver Broncos fan forum being all sweet with the enemy...Come on man...

I noticed you were on the Denver Broncos fan forum being all sweet with the enemy...Come on man...

Enemy? 

I have no enemies. I like Colorado folk, got peeps there in Denver. Been a fan of the Broncos going back to the early 1980's when I pretended to be Elway as a child. 

Good folks. Great team. Legendary QB. It's the only other fan forum I frequent. 

Geez, I hope you are right...but I cannot see Denver getting out-scored in this one.

Well, that's the trick. Nobody can picture an offense like that falter until they lose. 2004 Colts lost. 2008 Patriots lost. 

This will be Manning's first multiple INT game of the season. Book it. 

Enemy? 

I have no enemies. I like Colorado folk, got peeps there in Denver. Been a fan of the Broncos going back to the early 1980's when I pretended to be Elway as a child. 

Good folks. Great team. Legendary QB. It's the only other fan forum I frequent. 

Say it isn't so!! (kidding) I lurk on the opponents forums sometimes just to see what's going on.

Some people forget before there was a Peyton there was a Reggie

Speaking of the media, I gotta get something off my chest. There's this ridiculous notion being passed around through national media, a notion I've seen echoed on the Broncos board and across all national media outlets.

"The house that Manning built"...."Peyton Manning built this city". 

Ridiculous. Not only is this 100% false, frankly, I find it insulting. When we signed Manning in 1998, we were enjoying tremendous success with our Pacers, whom brought a great deal of national attention to our city. Gotta mention the annual Indy 500. Final Four NCAA basketball......

Early in the 1980's, before the Colts arrived, Lugar (and then Hudnut) formed the Indiana Sports Corp, which was intended to draw national sporting events to Indy, as well as provide infrastructure for such. Hudnut and Lugar did more for this city than did Peyton....PERIOD. 

Not to slight Peyton, no. He did a lot for this city through philanthropic endeavors (PM Children's hospital and much more). The success he brought to our Colts did open up new avenues for drawing national sporting events into town. But we don't know what would've happened had we not drafted him. Maybe we have as much or more success without him? Can anybody truly say differently? 

There's this notion that before Manning, we all sitting around on Friday nights, whittlin' sticks with a straw in our mouths "What you'n yer youngens doin t'night, Clem? Well....we's thinkin' of scootin' down to the 'ol pond an skippin' rocks. Or, I heard Old Man Whipple got him some new cows. Could be a bit of fun to go a tippin 'em."

I call bullocks on this insulting rhetoric being passed around about my city. 

Agree, Reggie Miller is and always will be the KING of INDIANAPOLIS even before Manning....

All valid points Gavin, ruksak, & jshipp23. SW1 does not live in Indianapolis, the only sport I monitor with a laserbeam focus is the NFL, & I will admit that reading the INDY Star alone does not make me an expert on all elements Hoosier State related. In a nutshell, I am not well versed enough in Indianapolis lore to offer a thorough rendering of her place in the sports pantheon. I yield my time to other individuals like BrentMc11 & Jay Kirk who are better equipped to answer the evolution & history of INDY as a sports town. I am in no position of authority to do so.  

All valid points Gavin, ruksak, & jshipp23. SW1 does not live in Indianapolis, the only sport I monitor with a laserbeam focus is the NFL, & I will admit that reading the INDY Star alone does not make me an expert on all elements Hoosier State related. In a nutshell, I am not well versed enough in Indianapolis lore to offer a thorough rendering of her place in the sports pantheon. I yield my time to other individuals like BrentMc11 & Jay Kirk who are better equipped to answer the evolution & history of INDY as a sports town. I am in no position of authority to do so.  

SW1 has got nothing to say? Strike my down with a rolled up copy of the Indy Star......?!

Or Rodney Harrison, Troy Palumalu, Antonio Cromartie, and Tracy Porter...

You could also add Troy Brown to that list too. Even I gotta admit the truth sometimes, no matter how excruciating painful it might be. NE always seems to be kryptonite to Peyton Manning for some reason I don't know why. I wish I knew the antidote for it, but that's another issue for another topic. 

SW1 has got nothing to say? Strike my down with a rolled up copy of the Indy Star......?!

:lol: Enjoy the silence while it lasts, but my silence will be shortlived & fleeting. Thanks for me me LOL though BHC. I know when I need to shut up & hand the reins over to an authentic INDY expert. There is a time to talk & a time to listen. I know when to implement which principle. Enough said. 

I am a little surprised that they haven't given more attention to the Mathis/Manning storyline, given that Mathis is leading the league in sacks... The game itself will need no additional hype and how its played will probably determine the story lines that ESPN will apply to the Colts for the rest of the regular season... They only pay attention to marquee matchups in big markets or MNF...

How are broncos FANS the enemy? They aren't playing the game and odds are they won't be at the game so they will have zero effect on the outcome of the game.

Well, if you've ever seen Von Miller play, you know that he's head and shoulders above the impact that Laron "Glass" Landry can provide. (No offense to Landry and I'll take that middle name out IF AND ONLY IF he is healthy and plays for the remaining schedule). Von Miller can be a true game changer, seen it many times. Not sure how one-sided the media is on this one. Me and a boat-load of my friends cringed earlier this season when we heard the announcement / press conference that his first game back was going to be against us. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and try some way, some how to stop this freak of nature. Because that's what he is, nobody should be that good at that position.

Look all I heard all week last week was about how great Andrew Luck is and how great the Colts were (EVERY STATION ESPN/NFL).

You have to prehype a game the week before.  Also it did help that we were on MNF last week.  They are going to market on a weekly basis.  If they don't build the Colts as a solid challenger then who would watch outside of Indy and Denver?

Media doing its job.  I guess its the Colts job to shut them up and win this week

How are broncos FANS the enemy? They aren't playing the game and odds are they won't be at the game so they will have zero effect on the outcome of the game.

Apparently, you are unaware that even sniffing a piece of clothing with the name "Manning" on it makes you the enemy.

So, of course, being a fan of his current team also makes you the enemy.

Apparently, you are unaware that even sniffing a piece of clothing with the name "Manning" on it makes you the enemy.

So, of course, being a fan of his current team also makes you the enemy.

No, being a fan of his current team makes you a wagon jumper and most likely a Manning fan instead of a Colts fan, which is fine as long as people are honest about it.

are you seven years old?

Are you 85?? Get that stick out your but and relax a little bit, it's all for fun and a distraction....none of it really matters in the long run, the best thing about football is to get away from the stress of everyday life...It means nothing really just fun..

Are you 85?? Get that stick out your but and relax a little bit, it's all for fun and a distraction....none of it really matters in the long run, the best thing about football is to get away from the stress of everyday life...It means nothing really just fun..

I think you embarrassed every Colts fan with your Manning injury remark. You know they posted your post over there as an example of how this board hates Manning, right? They used your filthy comments as an example of how our moderators are "fine" with our members wishing injury on NFL players. 

Maybe tone the rhetoric down a bit, aye?