Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Leaders in Dropped Passes

JerodMayo51

For Indy Colts fans....Reggie leads in drops 8%, TY second at 7%, and DHB is third as far as our Wide Receivers 

For the DHB haters, he has a 3.6% drop %.  Time to support him.  He WILL make a big play soon.....Coby Fleener only showing 3.7%...seems like more.

I guess I need to look at some other forums....our receivers do not appear to be as bad as other teams...just sayin... :colts:  :colts: !!!

For Indy Colts fans....Reggie leads in drops 8%, TY second at 7%, and DHB is third as far as our Wide Receivers 

For the DHB haters, he has a 3.6% drop %.  Time to support him.  He WILL make a big play soon.....Coby Fleener only showing 3.7%...seems like more.

I guess I need to look at some other forums....our receivers do not appear to be as bad as other teams...just sayin... :colts:  :colts: !!!

Fleener's first drop came in the Chargers game ;)

Last season Calvin Johnson ranked 5th and it was driving me crazy, but then he still made a record breaking season for receiving yards. It was just hard to see so many drops and not just one receiver, but everyone this past Sunday on every play for the Colts! Only one guy at a time can have a bad day please!  

Here is a list of the league leaders in dropped passes:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Brady has the privilege and honor of throwing passes to the #2, #4 and #7 leaders in dropped passes!

Oh joyous day!

Where is Gronk :(

What's almost more disturbing than the drops is the number of targets for Thompkins, Dobson, and Edelman versus the number of receptions. Kind of shocking there.

Good news, though, is that they're 5-1 despite all this, right? It can only get better, lol... 

What's almost more disturbing than the drops is the number of targets for Thompkins, Dobson, and Edelman versus the number of receptions. Kind of shocking there.

Good news, though, is that they're 5-1 despite all this, right? It can only get better, lol... 

If Collie is truly 100% physically and mentally and stays healthy he has #1 ability and I can't believe you're luck I truly thought he was done cause of the concussions...As much as I hate the Patriots I am rooting for this guy he was the next Steve Largent till the injuries which were Manning's fault for throwing him into train wrecks...

Funny how the guys complained about most on these forums are the ones with the least drop percentage.

Funny how the guys complained about most on these forums are the ones with the least drop percentage.

I think it is their not liking a particular receiver...just like particular lineman can do nothing right.  

I was guilty above thinking Fleener had more drops, and some are ready to run DHB out of town....

Last season Calvin Johnson ranked 5th and it was driving me crazy, but then he still made a record breaking season for receiving yards. It was just hard to see so many drops and not just one receiver, but everyone this past Sunday on every play for the Colts! Only one guy at a time can have a bad day please!  

I am with you MIColtsFan.  I guess that comes under the "When it rains it pours category."  I remember you 'fussin' a little over Calvin's drop %

rains-pours.jpg

Not every drop is equal. Was it a drop on 3rd down that halted a drive....was it a drop wide open for a big gain...was it a td drop...was it simply a drop of a short pass on first or second that didn't affect a drive...drop percentage is nice...i don't think we have anyone on our team that is absolutely terrible...just a sometimes we have a few with terrible timing of their drops...late in the game...etc. While I would say Tom has guys with terrible drop percentages they have made some big ones too. Its what they argue about Welker...it isn't the amount...its the significance of the drop.

Look at the link in the op. Fleener is credited with one drop this year which was in the chargers game.

I know what he is credited for but you would have to be a fool to not call the pass Fleener didn't catch vs Seattle not a drop, ball hit him squarely in both hands with a defender flashing in front of his face

I know what he is credited for but you would have to be a fool to not call the pass Fleener didn't catch vs Seattle not a drop, ball hit him squarely in both hands with a defender flashing in front of his face

Link? I looked at the drive stats on PFR and the only time an incomplete pass was thrown to him was when Luck through it out of his reach towards the sidelines at 11:55 in the 4th quarter.

Unless im missing something.

I find it interesting that they aren't counting the long pass against the Chargers that everbody was crucifying dhb for. He hasn't been as productive as we'd like, but it hasn't been because of his hands.

can you be more specific about that pass?  what quarter?  I should be able to go back and rewatch.  However having said that, I first looked up the stats for drops on the same website a couple of days before this thread was posted (and posted some of the numbers in another thread) and I very clearly remember not being at all surprised that fleener had zero drops prior to the Chargers game.  I was sure he had no drops vs. Mia, SF, Sea and Jax but couldn't remember about Oak.   So after watching the Sea game multiple times I don't recall ever thinking that Fleener had an outright drop in that game, and I have been paying very close attention to Fleener because I've always thought that all the flack he gets on this site is unwarranted and highly exaggerated.

I think the drop number is a misleading stat. The better stat is the drop rate percentage.

Depends on how many times you are targeted , 6 drops out of 42 passes is a 14.2 percent drop rate....18 drops out 122 targets is 14.7 drop rate not much higher but more drops on alot more passes, Target rate is the most significant part to me

Here is a list of the league leaders in dropped passes:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Brady has the privilege and honor of throwing passes to the #2, #4 and #7 leaders in dropped passes!

Oh joyous day!

DROPPED PASSES.. a stat I've always questioned

....is somebody's opinion and its not the same person every time.

What exactly defines a drop .....a play the WR could have made or should have made...Does the 'drop inspector' replay every play to make sure its a drop..?? Of course not

It a fake stat, is what I'm trying to say

Where is Gronk :(

I find it interesting that they aren't counting the long pass against the Chargers that everbody was crucifying dhb for. He hasn't been as productive as we'd like, but it hasn't been because of his hands.

I agree.  He needs to be more aggressive and use his size to get of of the line of scrimmage more than anything.

That ball was slightly overthrown, but it appeared he 'slowed' on the route unless I missed something.  I too would call that a 'catchable pass.'  

I agree.  He needs to be more aggressive and use his size to get of of the line of scrimmage more than anything.

That ball was slightly overthrown, but it appeared he 'slowed' on the route unless I missed something.  I too would call that a 'catchable pass.'

Good distinction

Missing a 'Catchable' is not a drop..

DHB has only played 6 games....give him time

Good distinction

Missing a 'Catchable' is not a drop..

DHB has only played 6 games....give him time

I totally agree!  He will do something special soon...hopefully Sunday night!!!  

Agree to all.  He made some clutch catches against the Niners.  If the Broncos game is the shootout we all expect DHB should get plenty of opportunities to show his worth.