Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Still 6 on Power Rankings

18Manning

Even with the loss, we're still number 6 on at least the 2 power rankings I looked at.

We better play a better game against Denver. We won't have a shot if we don't bring our A game. Hopefully Denver's Defense will play us like they have their last 2 games.

Nonsense! They should be more like 16.

We shall see where they are after Peyton hangs a 40-burger on them...and they get to 4-3.

Peyton is NOT hanging a 40 on us. I'm willing to put my forum username on that. If he drops 40 on us (and the 40 points have to come from Peyton not Trindon Holliday. Has to be scored by the offense). If he drops 40, I'll change my username to "Loser of the Forum"

Forum side note: Mods if this counts as gambling or anything against forum rules please let me know. :peek:

Even with the loss, we're still number 6 on at least the 2 power rankings I looked at.

We better play a better game against Denver. We won't have a shot if we don't bring our A game. Hopefully Denver's Defense will play us like they have their last 2 games.

thing about denver's defense is they rely on the blitz. which means our offensive line has to block a lot better then they did this last game. because denver's secondary is one of the worst in the NFL where opposing teams have an avg. of 60% pass completion against them, on top of avg 330+ yards a game in the air. like against seattle if we use Hilton and Fleener more and have no turnovers on offense we can win this game. 

offensive key of the game: don't let denver put pressure on luck the whole game

defensive key of the game: although very difficult, gotta pressure manning. i can imagine the hunger in mathis' eyes right now, his chance to hit manning something him and freeney had wanted to do for a very long time when they couldn't lol. now he can. but again will be very tough. if our defense can make it to where denver has to beat us with their run game if they want to win, then we can win this game. 

Peyton is NOT hanging a 40 on us. I'm willing to put my forum username on that. If he drops 40 on us (and the 40 points have to come from Peyton not Trindon Holliday. Has to be scored by the offense). If he drops 40, I'll change my username to "Loser of the Forum"

Forum side note: Mods if this counts as gambling or anything against forum rules please let me know. :peek:

I agree, I  mean Manning could not even put 40 on Jacksonville. this will be a close game but i think the colts pull it off 24-21

Luck - 385 yards in the air (on that 32nd ranked pass defense) 2 TD's 55 of those yards will be in the final 2 minutes to set up a AV 50 yard FG for the win

Awesome. Now I can sleep easy tonight.

Lol, was thinking the same thing. I don't care what our ranking is or who talks about us or what media outlet is drooling over us. Doesn't help win games and doesn't dictate who will win, hence the darn SD game.

I think the Colts are right where they should be ranked. They are still a very good team. They just were not well prepared and focused for the SD game. I still think if the Colts D plays well and together with fewer penalties they can slow Denver down, and if the Colts can put up some good numbers on them they might even have a chance to win it. I haven't seen any other teams put up so many points on an opponent as teams have against Denver (other than Denver). You slow them down and score on your possessions you win that game. Denver's secondary is not that good, teams have been throwing on them all season successfully so far. Hopefully the Colts can do well and pull out a tough "WIN" on Sunday. I mean Chuck is eager for Sunday get here apparently. Maybe they didn't really prepare for SD at all, maybe they spent last week and this week preparing for Denver. LoL.... idk It will be a good game no matter the outcome. Oh and Landry will be back for sure. Remember Chuck said he would return for this game. The Colts need help in their secondary this week especially.