Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton's ceiling

BlueCollarColts

I'd rather have him as a #2 and have a true #1. The offense would be truly dangerous in that scenario. I don't know how to acquire that future #1. The WR Free Agent class doesn't seem to be talented and I'm not quite sure about the WR talent past Watkins and Lee in the draft this year. 

I might be biased, but I would say look at Cody Latimer from IU, the kid is an absolute stud and has good size at 6'3. Allen Robinson from Penn State looks really good to me too. Both of them are Juniors, but both could possibly leave for the draft early as well

We won't know how good Hilton is until the O line can give Luck enough time to let his receivers get open.  How Andrew finds his receivers with D linemen hanging on him is unbelievable.  He really is one fine QB.  Colts are gonna love having him around for a long time. 

I might be biased, but I would say look at Cody Latimer from IU, the kid is an absolute stud and has good size at 6'3. Allen Robinson from Penn State looks really good to me too. Both of them are Juniors, but both could possibly leave for the draft early as well

Or if we are looking into trading up this year to a late first round/early second round pick, Jordan Mathews from Vanderbilt and Brandon Coleman from Rutgers are really good. One is 6'3" and one is 6'5", can't remember which is which, but Mathews is a little bit better than Coleman.

How good do you think he can be? I truly feel he can be a future #1 receiver similar to Welker, he's not there yet, he needs to become more consistent, but I think it was a steal getting him in the late 3rd round, and might be Grigson's most underrated move trading up to get him

I see him as a Mike Wallace type of player.  I think that's his ceiling.  Of course he might be close to as good as Mike Wallace is already.  

I think it's really, really high.

He's fast, we all know that, but the rate at which his route running and hands have improved in about 20 games as a pro has been phenomenal.

I mean, how many of us, when we drafted him, just thought of him as a speedy slot guy who we can throw a bomb to once in a while?  Sure, we do that plenty, but he's already so much more than that.

Love TY and honestly think he could be a #1 in this offense. I think it would be important that Luck has Allen and Fleener or other big targets for this to happen though since TY is a little guy, but he is very explosive and his route running and hands are getting better and better.

TY is a game-changer. There are not many game-changers in this league that don't play the QB position, but TY is one of them. Maybe I am drinking the Kool-Aid after a big win yesterday and a big showing by the guy, but I really do think he is special and will be Luck's top weapon for years to come a la Manning/Harrison.

How good do you think he can be? I truly feel he can be a future #1 receiver similar to Welker, he's not there yet, he needs to become more consistent, but I think it was a steal getting him in the late 3rd round, and might be Grigson's most underrated move trading up to get him

I don't think that Welker is really a true #1 -- Welker and TY are similar in that they can both stretch the field and do a lot of damage in tight spaces.  I think TY has a little bit more 'big play' ability than Welker, but I think TY needs a few weapons around him to get him the mismatches that make him so dangerous.

unlimited with luck throwing