Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Walden

CCF

We gotta Remember we were bidding on him with the Seahawks and packers I believe, so we haad to give him the money. Like pagano said, hes a hard hat guy. Comes to work, gets it done, and goes home. Nothin flashy, but he is an immediate improvement on defense

The Raiders were also very interested in Walden.  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seahawks were 2 of 12 on 3rd down.  At lest 2 of those were due to stops by Walden.  If the Seahawks kept those drives going the game could have ended differently.  I think there have been several series this year (thinking Niner's game) where Walden was the difference.  I'm tired of the whining. 

I think this is the best point made so far. Agreed. And I think he is going to get better as the season progresses.

he actually rushed the passer today...the only downside is i saw him 'overrush' leaving a wide space that wilson took advatange...

but mathis had the same issue.

This is what drove me nuts with Freeney and Mathis, both guys over rushing and team running right where they should have been. Though I love both of them still, used to make me pull my hair out lol.

The player who sucked today was angerer not walden Conner played much better than pat sorry had to be said he is just to slow and not athletic enough for this new nfl breed of athletes

Honestly he had been all year... our best run defense is conner opposite Freeman, Landry at safety, chap at nt, every one else default (except maybe play Howell as a nickel) Love the idea of him being on the field with Landry and Bethea

Close your Nostrils.... :)   

Lets here your view....if we are on both sides of the issue....someone must be right....that is calle opinion :)

Go Colts!!! that's my view, we have 11 more (regular season) games and I'm just going to enjoy my time watching the team do their thing and grow.  It's beautiful to me, watching the game of football where my favorite team makes plays and the other team takes plays!  Where I can sit back and give credit where it's due when an opposing quarterback makes a nice throw on a 3rd and 9 for a 1st down, or a guy like Russell Wilson squirming around all day makes defenders look like they aren't even trying or giving any effort at all.  Because to me, that's just the beauty of the game, nothing comes easy, and watching this team, I see them going all out and realize these are men.. just another man, just like me, and I'm damn sure not perfect, so I can't rock with the people thinking that these dudes should be.  Of course I'd like my team to be perfect (or strive to be hehe) and make a play on every down, but I realize that's not going to happen, and I really think people expect these games to be COLTS COLTS COLTS and the other teams aren't going to do ANYTHING, and that's fine but it's literally like "What do you want?"

People should say what they want & I'm all for it, but come correct.  Don't show your _____ when things are going bad, and then want to be all high and mighty when things are going your way (don't mean you personally when i say you/your in my response, just to try to make whatever point I'm trying to make lol)

Lay off the coffee dude geesh 

This attitude around here has to stop. It's aggressive and condescending.

You are a fan on a message board same as everyone else here.

I stopped long before you guys posted but I must say it's really sweet of you to defend J Kirk.  I am sure the next time the three of you get together he will show you his gratitude.

Go Colts!!! that's my view, we have 11 more (regular season) games and I'm just going to enjoy my time watching the team do their thing and grow.  It's beautiful to me, watching the game of football where my favorite team makes plays and the other team takes plays!  Where I can sit back and give credit where it's due when an opposing quarterback makes a nice throw on a 3rd and 9 for a 1st down, or a guy like Russell Wilson squirming around all day makes defenders look like they aren't even trying or giving any effort at all.  Because to me, that's just the beauty of the game, nothing comes easy, and watching this team, I see them going all out and realize these are men.. just another man, just like me, and I'm darn sure not perfect, so I can't rock with the people thinking that these dudes should be.  Of course I'd like my team to be perfect (or strive to be hehe) and make a play on every down, but I realize that's not going to happen, and I really think people expect these games to be COLTS COLTS COLTS and the other teams aren't going to do ANYTHING, and that's fine but it's literally like "What do you want?"

People should say what they want & I'm all for it, but come correct.  Don't show your _____ when things are going bad, and then want to be all high and mighty when things are going your way (don't mean you personally when i say you/your in my response, just to try to make whatever point I'm trying to make lol)

Love it Nostrils....

I know it was not personal....I criticize when things are good and bad...analysis is fun.  I even tried to find some good int the 2-14 debacle...URRGH!  :)

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, October 8, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by shecolt, October 8, 2013 - personal shot

I stopped long before you guys posted but I must say it's really sweet of you to defend J Kirk.  I am sure the next time the three of you get together he will show you his gratitude.

:funny: That's funny,no one needs to defend me from a Jerk ,I can do just fine,they are simply showing you how ignorant you look :thmup: Besides if you were not behind your computer it would already be settled,Have a great Day and a better tomorrow :thmsup:Bottom line your not worth the time.

Probably due to his contract, but Walden has taken Jerry Hughes place as the whipping boy of this forum.  He's played well IMO.  We really should save the animosity for someone who deserves it, like Samson "two left feet" Satele.  :)

But to give credit where it's due, there was one play where he pushed his man about 3 yards of the ball.  I nearly fell over my chair on that one.

Probably due to his contract, but Walden has taken Jerry Hughes place as the whipping boy of this forum.  He's played well IMO.  We really should save the animosity for someone who deserves it, like Samson "two left feet" Satele.  :)

But to give credit where it's due, there was one play where he pushed his man about 3 yards of the ball.  I nearly fell over my chair on that one.

I saw that play Cbear (Satele).....he blew the guy off of the ball.  I thought I was dreaming!!  HA HA!

Walden played 99% of the defensive snaps as well.  The man was whooped. :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

I thought McGlynn had that title or is he in his own category for whipping boys?

I am enh towards Walden and that's not a bad thing.  He's not going to do much to blow your socks off but I think he's helped the defense and is doing what he was brought here to do.  You need those kinds of guys in a good defense.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, October 8, 2013 - response to removed post
Hidden by shecolt, October 8, 2013 - response to removed post

:funny: That's funny,no one needs to defend me from a Jerk ,I can do just fine,they are simply showing you how ignorant you look :thmup: Besides if you were not behind your computer it would already be settled,Have a great Day and a better tomorrow :thmsup:Bottom line your not worth the time.

Oh boy, now I've gone and done it.  J.Kirk is playing internet tough guy, I guess I should be scared. 

Several posts containing personal shots have been removed from this thread.

Now, I am asking that you carry on with your debate without feeling the need to take shots at one another . . .  because I really hate to give out warnings. 

I saw that play Cbear (Satele).....he blew the guy off of the ball.  I thought I was dreaming!!  HA HA!

Walden played 99% of the defensive snaps as well.  The man was whooped. :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

Of course he had to revert to form.  If you look at the big TRich run on 3-5 where he broke a tackle and got us that big first down in the closing minutes.....guess whose man almost brought him down short?  Yep, Satele's.  And where was Satele?  Yep.....on all fours as he fell on his face trying to block the guy.  I give him credit in this regard though....at least he didn't completely WHIFF the block!!  :applause:

Of course he had to revert to form.  If you look at the big TRich run on 3-5 where he broke a tackle and got us that big first down in the closing minutes.....guess whose man almost brought him down short?  Yep, Satele's.  And where was Satele?  Yep.....on all fours as he fell on his face trying to block the guy.  I give him credit in this regard though....at least he didn't completely WHIFF the block!!  :applause:

Such a forbidden word....."WHIFF."  Dom Jones had a couple of those...as did the entire punt team on the block :)

I thought McGlynn had that title or is he in his own category for whipping boys?

I am enh towards Walden and that's not a bad thing.  He's not going to do much to blow your socks off but I think he's helped the defense and is doing what he was brought here to do.  You need those kinds of guys in a good defense.

Can't say I'm a big McGlynn fan, but I'll tell you this.  I'd put him right back at center and have Link play right guard.  Anything to get Satele out of there.

Such a forbidden word....."WHIFF."  Dom Jones had a couple of those...as did the entire punt team on the block :)

That punt block was pretty cool though.  One guy picks his man, another pulls around him to get to the hole, then the first guy releases his man and goes for the punter.  Almost like watching an offensive line work.  Of course I can appreciate it now since we won!  :)

Can't say I'm a big McGlynn fan, but I'll tell you this.  I'd put him right back at center and have Link play right guard.  Anything to get Satele out of there.

Actually I like Mc at center does a good job,wish I could say that when he plays other positions on the OL 

That was Mathis running blindly up field all 1st half and leaving gaping holes for Lynch and Wilson, they rarely ran to Walden's side( ran to his side twice the whole 1st half). Walden was playing a good game vs Seattle

Love how Manusky/Grigson schemed to stop the read option, they had Walden automatically take the RB to give Wilson the keep read and had Freeman automatically take the QB and it worked to perfection, Walden attacked the RB hard and Freeman was just sitting there waiting for Wilson I loved that from Walden/Freeman, them two did the samething for Kaepernick as well. But we couldn't stop Wilson on a normal scramble though. But that was a good gameplan from Manusky on that