quick 2014 mock

Guest TeamLoloJones

Round 2: Hroniss Grasu - C - Oregon 

Round 3: DaQuan Jones - DT - Penn st  

Round 5: Cody Hoffman - WR - BYU

Round 6: Hakeem Smith - S - Louisville

thoughts? 

But no #1 wr after Reggie that can go up and get the ball

After my scouting (from the couch) this is my best case scenario for the Colts draft.  Given that there are no trades and players get drafted where they reasonably should.

Let me know what you guys think...

2nd round: Jordan Matthews - WR - Vanderbilt

3rd round: Kyle Fuller - CB - Virginia Tech

5th round: Trey Millard - FB/HB - Oklahoma

6th round: A.J. Johnson - ILB - Tennesee

After my scouting (from the couch) this is my best case scenario for the Colts draft.  Given that there are no trades and players get drafted where they reasonably should.

A.j Johnson is the 2nd best ILB after Mosley borderline first round pick. Also Matthews is projected to go in the first round or early 2nd and Fuller late 2nd.

Guest TeamLoloJones

A.j Johnson is the 2nd best ILB after Mosley borderline first round pick. Also Matthews is projected to go in the first round or early 2nd and Fuller late 2nd.

Oh wow....not A.J. Johnson...I was watching the Tennessee-Georgia game, his name was called and I must have just typed it in on accident... haha my bad.  I meant to put Chris Borland - ILB- Wisconsin for my 6th round pick.  I agree with your assessment of Matthews and Fuller, but that's why I said "best case scenario for Colts draft"  They could possibly fall depending on their finishes to the season and combine.  Plus with all the good qbs this year...you never know.

It's unlikely we go C with the 1st pick and the d-line is the strength of the defense.

Round 2: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

Round 3: Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State

Round 5: Trevor Reilly, OLB/DE, Utah

Round 6: Daryl Williams, OT, Oklahoma

not bad i really like fuller not scared to hit and can play around the LOS.

Robinson is a bit slow for mine. 

I like the other OT for Oklahoma better Thomas or whatever not sure if he is eligible this yr though. 

We do not have a #1 WR except for Reggie.  We should have already got one, but looks like maybe 2015 draft.

Tom Brady has done just fine without "number 1" wide receivers for his career. Hilton is developing into a #1 type guy. Andrew Luck is an elite player and will make anyone look good. A healthy Allen, Fleener, DHB(if he sticks around), and Hilton are a great core group to throw too. We won't be successful if we can not protect Luck or rush the passer. Outside of Mathis we still have nobody that can rush the passer.

Give me Donte Moncrief over Matthews. Otherwise, I agree.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Give me Donte Moncrief over Matthews. Otherwise, I agree.

I'm really high on Matthews.  He fits the Reggie Wayne mold to a T, except he's taller.  If we are trying to find Reggie's successor he's our best bet.  There's almost zero chance we get Marqise Lee or Sammy Watkins.  I watched the season opener with Ole Miss and Vandy, with Monciref and Matthews both playing...I thought it was glaringly obvious that Matthews was the best player on the filed.

Tom Brady has done just fine without "number 1" wide receivers for his career. Hilton is developing into a #1 type guy. Andrew Luck is an elite player and will make anyone look good. A healthy Allen, Fleener, DHB(if he sticks around), and Hilton are a great core group to throw too. We won't be successful if we can not protect Luck or rush the passer. Outside of Mathis we still have nobody that can rush the passer.

Brady had Welker as a #1. 

I'd rather we continue building our defense before we address Reggie's replacement. Did you forget we have TY, Dwayne, and Coby?

Dwayne is injured and not a huge receiving threat, Coby is inconsistent and TY is a career #2 receiver.

Dwayne is injured and not a huge receiving threat, Coby is inconsistent and TY is a career #2 receiver.

To be fair, all those guys are all very young. I think you underestimate DA's receiving ability. Not that I'm against taking a WR.

• 2 weeks later...

Resign

1.Vontae Davis

2.Antoine Bethea

3.Pat Mcafee

4.Adam Vinatieri

5.Fili Moala

6.Justin Hickman

7.Kavell Conner

Sign

1.Sam Shields 2 year deal

2.Joe Mays 1 year deal

3.O'Brien Schofield 2 year deal

4.Anquan Boldin 1 year deal

Draft

2.Jordan Matthews

3.Jeremiah Attaochu

4.Chris Borland

5.Deandre Coleman

Not sure what rounds we pick in at this point beyond that

Resign

1.Vontae Davis

2.Antoine Bethea

3.Pat Mcafee

4.Adam Vinatieri

5.Fili Moala

6.Justin Hickman

7.Kavell Conner

Sign

2.Joe Mays 1 year deal

Draft

2.Jordan Matthews

3.Jeremiah Attaochu

4.Chris Borland

5.Deandre Coleman

Love a lot of the names on here, but instead of boldin and schofield I would just go for alex mack,and instead just resign DHB. Like the idea of joe mays, especially if rolando mcclain isn't resigned etc. Love the sam shields pick up.

As for the draft some names to look at:

Sean parker S from washington

Corneilus lucas OT Kansas State

Chris burnette OG LSU

Resign

1.Vontae Davis

2.Antoine Bethea

3.Pat Mcafee

4.Adam Vinatieri

5.Fili Moala

6.Justin Hickman

7.Kavell Conner

Sign

2.Joe Mays 1 year deal

Draft

2.Jordan Matthews

3.Jeremiah Attaochu

4.Chris Borland

5.Deandre Coleman

Better cross your fingers for Mathews....by draft time I could see him going in the first round.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Better cross your fingers for Mathews....by draft time I could see him going in the first round.

I think if the draft were today, Matthews would go in the top 20.   He's been getting better and better, and alot of the 1st round guys are starting to drop.  Anything could happen between now and the draft, but I would say Matthews is out of our reach at this point.

Yeah, I think come draft time it would take ALOT of luck for teams to pass on him well over 32 times just for us to have a shot at him, Mike Evans might be a possibility though

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yeah, I think come draft time it would take ALOT of luck for teams to pass on him well over 32 times just for us to have a shot at him, Mike Evans might be a possibility though

I was thinking the same thing...we don't have alot of fire power to trade up...so we will probably just have to go with whoever drops to our pick.  There will be great players all the way to the end of the second round though, so I'm not too concerned.

I was thinking the same thing...we don't have alot of fire power to trade up...so we will probably just have to go with whoever drops to our pick.  There will be great players all the way to the end of the second round though, so I'm not too concerned.

What Evans lacks in overall deep speed he makes up for in physicality which I like and we seriously need, pretty good hands as well

Guest TeamLoloJones

What Evans lacks in overall deep speed he makes up for in physicality which I like and we seriously need, pretty good hands as well

Yeah I like Evans too.

If we can get Hoffman in the 5th then I would be happy with that.

Although I doubt he'll last past the 3rd.

Hoffman has had a poor year he really turned it on the last two or so games though so you maybe right. 

i was going off CBS and what round they had there prospects ranked.

• 2 weeks later...