Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice write up on NFL.com

Warhorse

Nice.  I know we've covered all this in the forum a million times but it's great that the media is finally taking note.  I think....  Pretty soon NFL/ESPN Colts coverage won't be "Andrew Luck is good, now here's RG3 talking about his coach.  Then we'll feature a story on the Jets backup QB, right after our daily Tim Tebow mention."

The point he made about Richardson being a very good receiver is significant.  He wanted to be a WR at Bama, but that was shot down.  Between he and Bradshaw it's like having two Edgerrin James.  We can keep them both fresh. 

Nice.  I know we've covered all this in the forum a million times but it's great that the media is finally taking note.  I think....  Pretty soon NFL/ESPN Colts coverage won't be "Andrew Luck is good, now here's RG3 talking about his coach.  Then we'll feature a story on the Jets backup QB, right after our daily Tim Tebow mention."

The point he made about Richardson being a very good receiver is significant.  He wanted to be a WR at Bama, but that was shot down.  Between he and Bradshaw it's like having two Edgerrin James.  We can keep them both fresh. 

I agree.

RGIII is the best thing to ever happen for Drew and our Colts. It took the spotlight off of us for a while. I am all for RGIII getting the attention. I like them talking about what colored socks he will wear today. The more they focus on RGIII; the more we can just keep bringing our lunch pails to work. So far it has worked out great. :)

RGIII can have the rookie of the year awards. Drew and the Colts will take the Championships.

Pretty cool article, this offense however is a puppy and will only get better. It seems like many players are still learning it, naturally. One can tell especially when the O needs to move with a sense of urgency. It's going to take some time but IMO this can be one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL with the ability to wear and tear on any defense with the power running game & the ability to effectively air it out. During the Miami game the offense tied the game up scoring 17 pts in one half but unfortunately stalled in the second. They virtually matched Miami's high flying aerial attack unfortunately the Colts left more points off the board.

The better it gets the more consistant it will be and hopefully MUCH more deadly. We saw a flash of what the running game can be in the Niners game and a flash of what the passing offense can be in the Mia game which included many stalled drives.

Whoa, glowing praise for INDY. Sweet! Can we flood Skip Bayless's ESPN inbox with this? It would be hilarious to see every INDY fan saturate his e-mail account with massive duplications of this article since he still fails to grasp the potential greatness of Andrew Luck.

How's your precious Baylor Boy/Skins boy doing? 0-3...Sensitive subject there Skip....My bad...

Very nice.

So much for under the radar

I'll gladly turn in our under the radar card if we can beat the AZ Cardinals & prove that there is indeed life & a good football team after Bruce Arians's departure from INDY. SW1 wants this victory so bad I would crawl over broken glass to get it. A loss to Manning & the Broncos doesn't bother me, but this would really disappoint & dare I say infuriate me. JMO. 

Operation Bruce who starts now...

I respect Bruce Arians, but I wanna leave all the NFL pundits dumbfounded & scrambling for answers....Make them actually do their jobs for a change...Imagine that...

I love this line in reference to RB Trent Richardson "He is a sledgehammer running between the tackles, with a relentless style that wears down opponents." 

I've always liked that word along with pulverize too. As long as we are swinging the hammer anyway. No more "finesse" in our team vocabulary anymore & that is a thing of beauty to me.  :thmup:

I think back to when Reggie Wayne decided to stay put with Coach Pagano in INDY & not fly to Mile High in Denver with Peyton. Did 87 know or have the slightest sense of what we would become & that his decision to stay put would pay dividends so quickly? What was the exact sales pitch? No drop off in balls flying his way? A churning ground game like pistons jumping up & down when you put your car in lower gear & steadily crash throw the snow? An offensive line that gives Andrew Luck time to cut through a secondary like a knife through hot butter? 

SW1 always wants to pull back the curtain & go behind closed doors & get the real intricate details I guess...Presentation means everything in free agency. Make players feel wanted, valued, & competitive & your halfway home as a GM, HC, & owner...

It must be such a relief for Trent Richardson to go from the Browns to the Colts. It's like going from a Model T Ford to a Ferrari in about 60 seconds. Your adreline must be through the roof. A smart, cerebral QB who can make every throw prevents defenses from loading up the box & once the play action pass is unfurled, the sky is the limit baby.

And if you have a QB that doesn't get rattled after throwing a pick, you're never out of any game. Precise, methodical, patient, & not afraid to pull the trigger in the face of a relentless pass rush. I am still floored that Trent was going over the Colts playbook on the plane & immediately scores a TD in San Francisco. Jesus, that is just incredible. It speaks to Trent's intelligence, ability to adapt swiftly, & the power of fluid & flawless execution on the field. Holy Moly Man!