Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone paying attention can see...

HarassedOffTheSite

If you're watching the press conferences/Q&A sessions, it is apparent that Andrew Luck is * off/uncomfortable with his week 2 performance.

Between him & Pagano talking, its clear that they feel too many player's mistakes cost us the game.

Here's to hoping for a solid week of disciplined preparation on both sides of the ball. I'm conceding SF a grip of yards & points. So its going to be up to Andrew & the offense to make it a shootout.

GO COLTS!!

I think Luck was more mad at himself. He made mistakes also. He threw an interception into the endzone when a FG would have cut the Dolphins lead to 1. If he had done that then the final drive we could have kicked another FG for the game winner. He missed Hilton, Fleener, and DHB on key passes. Bradshaw was open short once when Luck threw deep incomplete. Luck could have run instead of letting Wheeler jump into the air and bat his pass down on one drive.

I think Luck was more mad at himself. He made mistakes also. He threw an interception into the endzone when a FG would have cut the Dolphins lead to 1. If he had done that then the final drive we could have kicked another FG for the game winner. He missed Hilton, Fleener, and DHB on key passes. Bradshaw was open short once when Luck threw deep incomplete. Luck could have run instead of letting Wheeler jump into the air and bat his pass down on one drive.

Yeah. He said immediately after that he felt the burden for the loss was on him and that he made some mistakes.

I hope it ends up being a kick in the pants for him. The offseason is over. These games count and its time to focus and not make mistakes.

Mathis & Bethea both said the defense started off sluggish. Hopefully they're sufficiently embarrassed and they tighten up as well.

The honeymoon is over gentlemen.

I like the fact that this team is humble enough to admit their own mistakes and takes steps to correct the problems.  Nothing is worse than guys that are too arrogant that they shift any blame away from themselves and nothing even gets fixed.  The Colts are a good team and there is sufficient enough talent on both sides of the ball.  They can compete and even win against any team in the NFL.  They just need to prepare correctly for their opponent.

I said in another thread that it is not just the players who need to look at themselves, but the coaches as well.  I am lobbying for being aggressive in all 3 phases by coaches first and foremost!  These guys are considered very good teachers....lets learn this week!!

Not sure how Andrew puts it all on him....critical mistakes occurred in EVERY phase!  Regardless.....get after the 49ers!!! 

Colts-Sports-Technology.jpg

I said in another thread that it is not just the players who need to look at themselves, but the coaches as well. I am lobbying for being aggressive in all 3 phases by coaches first and foremost! These guys are considered very good teachers....lets learn this week!!

Not sure how Andrew puts it all on him....critical mistakes occurred in EVERY phase! Regardless.....get after the 49ers!!!

Colts-Sports-Technology.jpg

That's just who Andrew Luck is. He always takes the blame. Defense could allow 450 yards and 6 touchdowns and he'll take blame for it.

I personally don't like it cause I feel he's putting more stress and pressure on himself by taking blame for other's mistakes. But its who he is and we as fans just have to accept it

That's just who Andrew Luck is. He always takes the blame. Defense could allow 450 yards and 6 touchdowns and he'll take blame for it.

I personally don't like it cause I feel he's putting more stress and pressure on himself by taking blame for other's mistakes. But its who he is and we as fans just have to accept it

He doesn't want to throw a teammate under the bus in front of the media.  

He's the face of the franchise and team leader, so he goes out there, says it's all his fault, say's he's sorry even when everyone knows it's not his fault.  That way he avoids having to call out a teammate or a group of teammates in front of the media.

It's actually something good leaders do.  

Then you're not paying attention. Andrew made some serious mistakes in that game. Almost like rookie mistakes. IMO mistakes of hubris. Regardless, he's correct to own up to it and to feel a sense of responsibility. That doesn't let anyone else off the hook...it just is what it is.

He doesn't want to throw a teammate under the bus in front of the media.

He's the face of the franchise and team leader, so he goes out there, says it's all his fault, say's he's sorry even when everyone knows it's not his fault. That way he avoids having to call out a teammate or a group of teammates in front of the media.

It's actually something good leaders do.

Yeah, I understand that. Like I said, nothing us fans could do about it. Just something we'll be dealing with for the next 14+ years

Then you're not paying attention. Andrew made some serious mistakes in that game. Almost like rookie mistakes. IMO mistakes of hubris. Regardless, he's correct to own up to it and to feel a sense of responsibility. That doesn't let anyone else off the hook...it just is what it is.

Mistakes are mistakes , be they hubris or be they not hubris. 

If you're watching the press conferences/Q&A sessions, it is apparent that Andrew Luck is ticked off/uncomfortable with his week 2 performance.

Between him & Pagano talking, its clear that they feel too many player's mistakes cost us the game.

Here's to hoping for a solid week of disciplined preparation on both sides of the ball. I'm conceding SF a grip of yards & points. So its going to be up to Andrew & the offense to make it a shootout.

GO COLTS!!

It seems to be common to blame the player or the coach...and not the execution. I have been beating this drum for years. 4.6 yds per carry on the ground against 8.1 yds allowed per carry doesn't mean anything other than the paper its printed on. That bad defense can still rock that offense on their hind end in a game if they are focused and execute to their full potential.....or if that great ground offense has an off day. Thats the rub...players and coaches are humans that have stresses, and injuries, lapses of concentration, and the like.

Next, there are no mistake free players. Sometimes, the mistakes happen right along with another players mistake and it compounds into a huge costly event. I cant just simply define it by, "We should have won based on how good we should be". I can, however, define it by, "We could have won, but we didn't execute enough".

This is why they lost:

One interception that was a bad pass/jump ball for Reggie that he wanted no part of. 

Bad oline and protection led to fractions of seconds to do something with the ball.  See last drive and D. Brown "blocking"

Spotting the Dolphins two touchdowns to start the game. 

Bethea giving them a td trying in vain to intercept a pass. 

Adam V missing a field goal.

Bad calls throughout including one to negate a td that would have tied the game.

Andrew Luck is the man in Indy for a reason.  If someone wants to step up and make game changing plays on defense or win games with the run or special teams I'm sure he's all for it.  He pretty much single handedly won every close game for the Colts last year.  There needs to be more than one man doing everything then they wouldn't have to come from behind and win nail biters every single game.

I honestly feel no one should take the blame - this is a team sport.  WE win as a team and WE lose as a team!  It's great that a player and/or captain stands up and says, "My bad" but in reality it's "OUR bad".

Aristotle? Socrates? Gore?  Berra?

Hilarious.....it's never over until it's over(Except all my likes are gone)....and we lost to the Phins....

OK BC...I am whining now...no cheese needed!!!  No not really...just having some fun. 

Hilarious.....it's never over until it's over(Except all my likes are gone)....and we lost to the Phins....

OK BC...I am whining now...no cheese needed!!!  No not really...just having some fun. 

No it isn't over that lady hasn't come to sing!  Oh wait there she is sing a duet with Jenny (Craig)

Mistakes of "hubris?" Huh? Luck made a dumb decision on the INT. Plain and simple. He also had a few other throws that were off. All QBs have these things happen. I don't think hubris had anything to do with it.

Mistakes of "hubris?" Huh? Luck made a dumb decision on the INT. Plain and simple. He also had a few other throws that were off. All QBs have these things happen. I don't think hubris had anything to do with it.

Ugh. Apparently you're not paying attention either. Luck said on one of his passes instead of taking the checkdown and five yards, he intentionally tried to force a pass to a covered receiver. He acknowledged it as a mistake.

Now if you'd like to parse words for some vain stupid loop reason, feel free. But that mistake was the definition of hubris.

Mistakes of "hubris?" Huh? Luck made a dumb decision on the INT. Plain and simple. He also had a few other throws that were off. All QBs have these things happen. I don't think hubris had anything to do with it.

Everyone says after the fact that Luck holds on to the ball too long and should throw it away or take the sack. Then they marvel when he makes those miraculous runs and throws with 260lb guys hanging on him or bouncing off him. Yea.. some of those sacks are on him but he also makes plays by not giving up on the play. I guess the answer is somewhere in-between. And yea... "hubris" is a really lame and silly word to use in a football forum.

Thank you Holy Spirit.

No problem at all brother.

I just don't want anyone here thinking you actually believe that everything we see and hear in the media is actually what these guys think/believe 100%.

People might dock you some credibility points for that. So just looking out for a fellow Colts fan.

Ugh. Apparently you're not paying attention either. Luck said on one of his passes instead of taking the checkdown and five yards, he intentionally tried to force a pass to a covered receiver. He acknowledged it as a mistake.

Now if you'd like to parse words for some vain stupid loop reason, feel free. But that mistake was the definition of hubris.

Okay. I agree it was a mistake on Luck's part. But that isn't "hubris." Had Luck said he thought he could complete the pass because he believed he was the greatest QB in the history of the game and believed no defender was capable of picking off one of HIS godly passes then I might agree with you. No, it was just a dumb pass.

I just don't want anyone here thinking you actually believe that everything we see and hear in the media is actually what these guys think/believe 100%.

Stop projecting. Just because you're intellectually dishonest doesn't mean everyone else...including Chuck Pagano & Andrew Luck are.

Forgive me if I rely on their word, judgement & character instead of yours.

Okay. I agree it was a mistake on Luck's part. But that isn't "hubris." Had Luck said he thought he could complete the pass because he believed he was the greatest QB in the history of the game and believed no defender was capable of picking off one of HIS godly passes then I might agree with you. No, it was just a dumb pass.

Now if you'd like to parse words for some vain stupid loop reason, feel free.

When Pagano and Luck say that instead of "mistakes" I reckon it'll deserve some consideration. Be that as it may, they said mistakes. So I'll kinda stay on that.

Oh, I'm agreeing, mistakes are a part of bad execution.....mental execution, but part of the execution still. My point is that mistakes, or lack of execution can be remedied with paths other than replacement or trades.

Stop projecting. Just because you're intellectually dishonest doesn't mean everyone else...including Chuck Pagano & Andrew Luck are.

Forgive me if I rely on their word, judgement & character instead of yours.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Don't let rationality spoil your party. :)

Intellectual dishonesty doesn't actually mean anything in the context you and I are speaking of. Unless you actually are again implying everything we hear publicly is unequivocally factual, in which case I suppose our discussion ends here. Though even then I have not discredited anything said after the loss as a lie. Only that all teams, and players, only allow, for the most part, the media to see what they want the media to see. If you disagree feel free, but my point of view is no less credible. It's just at ends with your belief in the "honesty" of the media.

Good attempt at sounding smart though. I enjoyed it.