Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Freeman likely to request trade.

Dustin

Josh Freeman is in the last year of his deal is he not? I can't imagine there being any trade value for a guy you would have to resign and no way he gets franchised. I could be wrong but I thought this was his contract year. I don't know how being a disciplinarian can cause players to play bad. When you are on the field it is up to you to execute. You show up late for team meetings etc and get in trouble...how is that the coach's fault. I think Freeman just hasn't grown up...on and off the field...and of course we care about on the field more because that is what matters in the NFL. You can over look being late etc (its hard though when that person is suppose to be your leader and setting example) but if the kid isn't learning...reading defenses better and executing...he needs to go. Fantastic ability...just doesn't have it together. Tom Coughlin seems to be a similar coach and he has two SBs....but he also has a QB that leads by example and works his tail off. IDK the behind the scenes if Schiano is too over the top or not but the problem is the player 90% of the time. If you put them in position to be successful thats all you can do as a coach.