Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we all agree that one of the many stud LTs have to be drafted rnd 1?

GoodLuck

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will begin by saying that I prefer to go best available talent period. However, my ideal scenario involves us trading up a bit to snag a top caliber wide out in the first, OG or OT in the second, and safety in the third. I will reiterate, though, that should one of the top talents at any of those positions fall to us sooner we need to snag them.

Oops, I should have mentioned that my previous post is also assuming we are able to wrangle a legitimate pass rusher in FA. In my personal opinion, we have missed the window to develop a top tier pass rusher. Werner should come along nicely, but with the departure of Freeney and Mathis not getting any younger, we need an impact rusher now.

I'm more interested in getting rid of that trashy center of ours.  I don't know when they are going to wake up and see Satele sucks. I was looking at a small clip from the Raiders Colts highlights and even on Dwayne Allens touchdown Satele almost gets Luck killed.  I mean the D lineman who is sitting right in front of his face blows right by him and slams into Luck.  Luckily saw the dude in time and got rid of the football as fast as he could.  I am begging Pagano to wake up and sit this dude on the bench.

Castonzo is not the reason why the o-line is struggling, Satele and Mcglynn is. He's an above average LT good enough for us to win and Grigson said that he doesn't like starting rookie o-linemen right away.

I see people are STILL taking Grigson's comments about rookie linemen/cornerbacks out of context.

Castonzo wasn't that bad against Oakland. One time he was in slide protection to the right and it was RB's job to defend the left gap. Another time he moved defender around the pocket, but Luck can't step into the pocket because of poor McGlynn play.