Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

i really hate that 1 wr tight formation

GoodLuck

we averaged almost 5 YPC.

That's misleading though.  Some of that came off of Lucks scramble.  Bradshaw also had a 13 yard gain on 3rd and 31 i believe.  Looks real good in the scorebook, but did nothing to help in terms of the game.

Most importantly, on a key 3rd and 1 we couldn't pick up 1 yard.  Then, after failing so miserably on 3rd we try a horrible bootleg play on 4th and it ends in a sack.   Have to be able to pick up a yard by running the football if this the type of offense we want to run.

That's misleading though.  Some of that came off of Lucks scramble.  Bradshaw also had a 13 yard gain on 3rd and 31 i believe.  Looks real good in the scorebook, but did nothing to help in terms of the game.

Most importantly, on a key 3rd and 1 we couldn't pick up 1 yard.  Then, after failing so miserably on 3rd we try a horrible bootleg play on 4th and it ends in a sack.   Have to be able to pick up a yard by running the football if this the type of offense we want to run.

even if you took away Lucks yards scrambling of 38 yards we still carried the ball for 4.5 ypc with only 1 negative run all night long.......Bradshaws very 1st run for -3 yards

even if you took away Lucks yards scrambling of 38 yards we still carried the ball for 4.5 ypc with only 1 negative run all night long.......Bradshaws very 1st run for -3 yards

That's true if you are including Bradshaws 13 yard run on 3rd and 31 into that. Again, all that run did was help inflate the YPC, it served no real purpose.  It was a give up and lets punt play.

Now, when we needed 1 yard on 3rd down in the 3rd qtr i think it was, what happened?

I saw a tweet earlier somewhere talking about success rate of our runs today. It was pretty bad.  I will have to go back and see if i can find it.

That's true if you are including Bradshaws 13 yard run on 3rd and 31 into that. Again, all that run did was help inflate the YPC, it served no real purpose.  It was a give up and lets punt play.

Now, when we needed 1 yard on 3rd down in the 3rd qtr i think it was, what happened?

I saw a tweet earlier somewhere talking about success rate of our runs today. It was pretty bad.  I will have to go back and see if i can find it.

We still only had 1 negative run and were not going to have many huge runs at all as the O Line stands now but we had enough to keep them honest

To me, this offense takes away the presence of possibly our most explosive weapon in the passing offense i.e. TY

They need to give TY more touches. Dwayne Allen, being a more complete TE, is going to see more snaps than Fleener, so increase the number of 3 WR 1 TE looks to put more points on the board, IMO.

I'd rather have TY than Fleener on the field in a 2 TE look.