Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jairus Byrd trade rumor

Colts_Fan12

Even if the colts look at him we have Bethea I guess if they wanted they could use him to acuire Byrd

Thats what I meant by give up too much for him lol. I dont think we need him but if we somehow got him for a steal....I wouldnt refuse him either lol

Elam is a SS.

Doesn't matter what he is labeled. Safeties these don't just play at strong or free, they switch and move to their strengths within the scheme and play called. Bethea plays both positions every season. My point is that elam will likely get a starting role or playing time before they likely send a 2nd round pick for byrd. If they traded for byrd what message does that send to elam? As for huff and ihedigbo, it was the first game of the season and they were playing peyton at mile high, a little difficult...

Doesn't matter what he is labeled. Safeties these don't just play at strong or free, they switch and move to their strengths within the scheme and play called. Bethea plays both positions every season. My point is that elam will likely get a starting role or playing time before they likely send a 2nd round pick for byrd. If they traded for byrd what message does that send to elam? As for huff and ihedigbo, it was the first game of the season and they were playing peyton at mile high, a little difficult...

Bernard Pollard played 89% of his snaps on the strong side last year. Reed played 12% of his snaps on the strong side.

Elam was brought in to replace Pollard, not Reed.

Bernard Pollard played 89% of his snaps on the strong side last year. Reed played 12% of his snaps on the strong side.

Elam was brought in to replace Pollard, not Reed.

So if elam is strictly a "ss" then if huff goes down I guess he will still ride the bench since he is in capable of playing fs also. Oh well I was simply wondering why they would trade for byrd when they drafted a safety in the first round

And bernard pollard probably only played ss because he is the worst cover safety in the league

No, he played SS because his skill set suits that particular position better.

And it's arguable he's the worst cover safety. Landry is just as bad if not worse in coverage. 

No, he played SS because his skill set suits that particular position better.

And it's arguable he's the worst cover safety. Landry is just as bad if not worse in coverage.

Landry is just as bad or worse yet he gets 4 years and 24 million and pollard gets 1 year and 2 million...hmmm