Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Canstanzo hurt worse than they are telling us?

chrisfarley

we seem to not get the straight scoop until we see the dreaded achronym "IR". Hope they (Colts) are being forthcoming.

http://www.rotoworld...e=215622&spln=1

Doesn't strike me that he is hurt worse than they are letting on. Diem has an ankle issue and has been out for a couple of weeks. Same with Moala. That seems to fit in the timeline discussed with that article.

Is it me or do the colts have very bad luck I mean ijalana an constanzo both never missed a start in college 50 something games each an they both get hurt in same game?

That's a good observation.....Baron.....

........we're soon to have a better team in the luxury boxes than we do on the field...

Why would they put Ijalana on IR, but hide the seriousness of Castonzo's injury? How does that make any sense?

Apparently you're not a conspiracy theorist. :rolleyes:

Then again you would probable take the time to check the spelling of his name before starting a thread. Perhaps he's talking about someone else entirely.

Then again you would probable take the time to check the spelling of his name before starting a thread. Perhaps he's talking about someone else entirely.

Yeah! Everyone knows that George's name ends in an 'a'. "CAN'T STANDS YA!"

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do think there are conspiracies from time to time. When it comes to Castonzo, I just don't understand why the front office would be trying to hide the severity of a season-ending injury in his case, and not in Ijalana's case. If they declined to place anyone on IR, I'd see the point. But not when they shut Ijalana down.

Before anyone says "but Castonzo is a first rounder, and Ijalana is a second," keep in mind that the Colts traded up pretty aggressively for Ijalana, costing them a draft pick in a very deep draft. So this isn't playing politics.

And yes, I would check the spelling on the man's name before starting the thread.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do think there are conspiracies from time to time. When it comes to Castonzo, I just don't understand why the front office would be trying to hide the severity of a season-ending injury in his case, and not in Ijalana's case. If they declined to place anyone on IR, I'd see the point. But not when they shut Ijalana down.

Before anyone says "but Castonzo is a first rounder, and Ijalana is a second," keep in mind that the Colts traded up pretty aggressively for Ijalana, costing them a draft pick in a very deep draft. So this isn't playing politics.

And yes, I would check the spelling on the man's name before starting the thread.

I understood your position the first time. I was agreeing with you while poking fun at the OP.

I tend to look for rational explanations for peoples behavior. I have no idea what the OP is suggesting. WHY would the Colts intentionally miss-inform their fans? We don't know the extent of Castonzo's injury. The fact that he has not been IRed clearly indicates that the doctors believe that he can return to action. It remains to be seen how well he recovers - the same as every other injured player in the history of sports.

I think Castonzo is badly hurt... it's one thing to leave the game on crutches, and now he doesn't practice... that's not good. I think he's badly hurt and I don't think we'll see him until our game vs the Jags. Now about all the chatter with the 1st round busts we've picked... I don't think Castonzo is a bust, he has a ton of potential, and I think he'll be back, and play well. He's done pretty well so far. He's not a bust!

I understood your position the first time. I was agreeing with you while poking fun at the OP.

I tend to look for rational explanations for peoples behavior. I have no idea what the OP is suggesting. WHY would the Colts intentionally miss-inform their fans? We don't know the extent of Castonzo's injury. The fact that he has not been IRed clearly indicates that the doctors believe that he can return to action. It remains to be seen how well he recovers - the same as every other injured player in the history of sports.

I thought so. Wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

Colts fans in particular tend to think the front office lies to them about the extent of players' injuries. Like the Marvin Harrison situation in 2007, fans still contend to this day that the organization purposely lied about how bad Marvin was hurt. They weren't just overly optimistic, nor were they just flat wrong. Nope, they knew that Marvin was really messed up, and just lied about it. For what reason, I don't know. But that's what some fans will have you think. I don't get it.

I wrote about this during the offseason, that the local media dislikes how Polian treats them and resents that they don't get the big scoops instead of national media (for instance, the news about Manning's surgery being released to a New York station instead of to a local reporter). This has led to a climate in which everything the front office does gets second guessed and treated like either a half-truth or a complete fabrication, until it's fully verified at the hands of several outside sources. I don't remember ever seeing a local media so at odds with the management of a team that's been winning for so long. But that feeling among the media is clearly being passed along to the fanbase. I personally don't care where the news comes from, so long as it's verified. I don't think the Colts front office has any agenda other than to win football games. Polian is a bit grating, and lacks that special touch that some front office guys have, the charisma to have a reporter pool wrapped around his finger (or else lacks the desire to play the game). Either way, the idea that the Colts would lie about the extent of any player's injury just seems incredibly foreign to me.

Is it me or do the colts have very bad luck I mean ijalana an constanzo both never missed a start in college 50 something games each an they both get hurt in same game?

Not only them but Nevis gets hurt in that game. Our top three draft picks all went down in the same game and none of them had major injury issues in college. That's just pure bad luck.

Wow, the Colts have awful luck in the 1st round... Castonzo, Brown, Hughes, Gonzales... When will it end!?!

What? Talk about panting things with a very broad brush.

Castonzo is still in his rookie year and showed all the signs of being a very good player and got hurt. That's bad luck which is maybe what you ment with awful luck.

Hughes showed some promise on Monday night and might be turning a corner who knows but he's only a second year player.

Brown is just not good, that has been proven by the fact he's had one really good game in three years and has now been benched for a rookie.

Gonzo like Castonzo showed all the promise in the world to the point that the Colts felt good about cutting Marvin Harrison. Then he got hurt, and again he had no injury issues in college to judge him off of.

So yeah there have been some injury issues with bad luck, a bad pick and guy who is still developing in there so maybe it's all bad luck but for different reasons.

I think Castonzo is badly hurt... it's one thing to leave the game on crutches, and now he doesn't practice... that's not good. I think he's badly hurt and I don't think we'll see him until our game vs the Jags. Now about all the chatter with the 1st round busts we've picked... I don't think Castonzo is a bust, he has a ton of potential, and I think he'll be back, and play well. He's done pretty well so far. He's not a bust!

The Jags game. Wow - that is random. There has literally been nothing reported about his injury other than his Did Not Practice this week so now you have him missing more than a month's worth of games? Based on what?

The Jags game. Wow - that is random. There has literally been nothing reported about his injury other than his Did Not Practice this week so now you have him missing more than a month's worth of games? Based on what?

Based on experience. For starters, ankle injuries for tackles are crucial, and this one seems bad. He left on crutches for God sakes. He's not practicing and he's defenately missing this game. Maybe the Jags game was a stretch, but I think he's out Week 5, 6, 7, and 8. He could be out 9 also. Now back to my first sentence... I played football in high school, cegep, and university. Now I was a receiver, but nevertheless I knew the O-line well. Now our left tackle in cegep (it's a Quebec pre-university thing) suffered a pretty bad ankle injury and he didn't play for almost two months. An Ankle injury is horrible for a tackle, it's crucial for them. With that being said, it seems AC's is pretty bad, so he could be out for awhile.

Based on experience. For starters, ankle injuries for tackles are crucial, and this one seems bad. He left on crutches for God sakes. He's not practicing and he's defenately missing this game. Maybe the Jags game was a stretch, but I think he's out Week 5, 6, 7, and 8. He could be out 9 also. Now back to my first sentence... I played football in high school, cegep, and university. Now I was a receiver, but nevertheless I knew the O-line well. Now our left tackle in cegep (it's a Quebec pre-university thing) suffered a pretty bad ankle injury and he didn't play for almost two months. An Ankle injury is horrible for a tackle, it's crucial for them. With that being said, it seems AC's is pretty bad, so he could be out for awhile.

True ankle is important, but no mention though of its degree, the # of ligaments injured etc all play a factor in recovery time

Crutches may have just been precautionary

Why would they put Ijalana on IR, but hide the seriousness of Castonzo's injury? How does that make any sense?

That chris farley dude rarely makes sense.... something isnt right with all the colts injuries. Idk why they get injured more than other teams

Ijalana out on IR that stinks but it could be a blessing. Maybe we will fine a diamond in the rough from waivers and Ijalan will be back 100 pct next yr with Castonzo and the diamond on the line at the same time!! I am just hoping Linkenbach gets freaking lost just saying.

Ankle/foot/leg injuries for any football player are serious issues and your sprain is a good story and all but...

you have no idea of how bad he is hurt. Why even project a return date when you have absolutely zero idea? Is it a high ankle sprain? That could mean a missed month? Is it the more common sprain? That could me a return against the Bengals. The o'line injury bug itself may force an earlier return.

Ankle/foot/leg injuries for any football player are serious issues and your sprain is a good story and all but...

you have no idea of how bad he is hurt. Why even project a return date when you have absolutely zero idea? Is it a high ankle sprain? That could mean a missed month? Is it the more common sprain? That could me a return against the Bengals. The o'line injury bug itself may force an earlier return.

As a former receiver, you can live with a leg injury, a foot injury and an ankle injury. I had sprained toes, heel injuries, high ankle sprains, and on my leg I have a slightly pulled ligament in my calf... and I played. If you can survive at receiver, you can survive at DB. It's not really serious, but it definitely doesn't help.

True, their is no real prognosis on the injury. But from what I've read from insiders and NFL writers, it seems pretty bad. Like Barry said, the crutches could be a precaution, but if it was a precaution, he would wear a walking boot. So wearing the crutches probably mean something. When I said he'll return for the Falcons or Jags game, it's just my prediction, and I'm basing that off experience and what I've read... oh and he's definitely not returning Week 6, just because he's not practicing and he's still on crutches.

As a former receiver, you can live with a leg injury, a foot injury and an ankle injury. I had sprained toes, heel injuries, high ankle sprains, and on my leg I have a slightly pulled ligament in my calf... and I played. If you can survive at receiver, you can survive at DB. It's not really serious, but it definitely doesn't help.

True, their is no real prognosis on the injury. But from what I've read from insiders and NFL writers, it seems pretty bad. Like Barry said, the crutches could be a precaution, but if it was a precaution, he would wear a walking boot. So wearing the crutches probably mean something. When I said he'll return for the Falcons or Jags game, it's just my prediction, and I'm basing that off experience and what I've read... oh and he's definitely not returning Week 6, just because he's not practicing and he's still on crutches.

This the stuff that makes me crazy with you. It is absolutely pointless to forecast something in which you have literally less than zero insight but talk as if you do.

This the stuff that makes me crazy with you. It is absolutely pointless to forecast something in which you have literally less than zero insight but talk as if you do.

Zero insight? Ok:

http://www.washingto...xxNL_story.html

Not practicing in practice

Leaving on crutches

That's what I'm basing it on. So yes I have insight on the situation, and I have articles that could back up my prediction.

Why can't you just let me be? You're not right, and I may not be, but at least let me state my opinion...

Zero insight? Ok:

http://www.washingto...xxNL_story.html

Not practicing in practice

Leaving on crutches

That's what I'm basing it on. So yes I have insight on the situation, and I have articles that could back up my prediction.

Why can't you just let me be? You're not right, and I may not be, but at least let me state my opinion...

How can I not be right when I made no such prognostications such as Castonzo will be out until Nov 13 against Jacksonville.

Neither of those articles you linked to suggested he will be out until mid-November. Your story about your ankle issue and the offensive linemen you know and he left the stadium on crutches (there have been plenty of NFL'ers who left on crutches one week only to play the next) don't add up to you knowing anything specific enough to say that he will be for 5 games. That is my point - why state such a thing when you, I will say it again for effect - know literally less than zero about it?

The things you are basing

How can I not be right when I made no such prognostications such as Castonzo will be out until Nov 13 against Jacksonville.

Neither of those articles you linked to suggested he will be out until mid-November. Your story about your ankle issue and the offensive linemen you know and he left the stadium on crutches (there have been plenty of NFL'ers who left on crutches one week only to play the next) don't add up to you knowing anything specific enough to say that he will be for 5 games. That is my point - why state such a thing when you, I will say it again for effect - know literally less than zero about it?

The things you are basing

I have a feeling that he'll be out for a month, because I've seen it before.

The Colts dont get injured more than otehr teams

Who get's more injured players than we do. It's been 4 weeks this year, and we already lost PM, Ijalana, Brackett, Bullitt, and Foster for the year. As of right now, Castonzo, Diem, Collins are injured and may miss this week. PM, Brackett, Bullitt, Castonzo, Diem and Collins are all starters, and Foster and Ijalana we're backups that would have started this week. That's just this year.

The Colts consistently lose many starting (and backup) players. Year after the year we face injuries, and other teams either lose a couple of good players each year, or have one year where they lose a lot. We consistently lose a lot, and it's been like that for many years now. IMO, there's no other team that gets injured more than we do.