Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Canstanzo hurt worse than they are telling us?

chrisfarley

that is why we sign so many udfas, we are not good a draft picks

What do you call Garcon, Moala, Collie, Powers, Conner, Angerer, Manning, Edge, Wayne, Clark, Jackson, Bethea, Sanders, Freeney, Mathis, Addai, and countless others over the time Polian has been here?

We sign so many UDFA's because our team is built around stars (the biggest of which takes up 1 fifth of the salary cap) and we have to fill in the gaps with other players.

What do you call Garcon, Moala, Collie, Powers, Conner, Angerer, Manning, Edge, Wayne, Clark, Jackson, Bethea, Sanders, Freeney, Mathis, Addai, and countless others over the time Polian has been here?

We sign so many UDFA's because our team is built around stars (the biggest of which takes up 1 fifth of the salary cap) and we have to fill in the gaps with other players.

I like that we can find diamonds later on in the draft and after, but I hate how we can't pick in the 1st well. That being said, I hate our FO for insisting PM be the highest paid player when Peyton wants less money to help the team elsewhere.

I like that we can find diamonds later on in the draft and after, but I hate how we can't pick in the 1st well. That being said, I hate our FO for insisting PM be the highest paid player when Peyton wants less money to help the team elsewhere.

So that would still be good draft picks? Also, not all of those drafts picks I listed were later draft picks. People love to throw out the years between 98 and 2006 when Polian didn't miss in round one. He was due to have some misses at some point. That's just the odds catching up to him. Also I think the fans here are little too quick to call someone a bust. Hughes showed some signs on Monday maybe he's coming around. If he does Polian's only true bust in terms of lack of talent in round one is Brown since Gonzo was done in by injuries with another issue all together and Ugoh was a second rounder.

As for hating the front office because they wanted to pay a guy what he's worth heaven forbid... In today's modern NFL who is to fault them for starting with what they felt was what he was worth since just about every player wants to get paid and Peyton didn't have a problem signing the richest contract in the NFL at the time last time he signed and he was the one saying it's all about setting up the next guy up when asked if he would take less till that point. Once it bcame public knowledge he wanted less the Colts quickly gave him less and the deal was done.

Also this would be the first year the Colts have had money to spend because Peyton took less and they spent it. Sims, Anderson, Brayton, Harris resign Addai, Bullitt, and brought in Kerry Collins. Now you can argue that maybe it wasn't spent the best it could have been but remember the Colts didn't know they were going to have that money till late in training camp.