Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavins Final 53

Gavin

Chappell agrees, and so do I...both Jones and Cunningham make the final cut.

Safeties:  Brown makes it.....Lefeged has been banged up...Howell has played well....interesting at safety IMO.

Here is Chappells for those who have not had a chance to see....I like his.....other than Gordy making the squad over Green and Nevis NOT making the cut.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=BG&Dato=20130828&Kategori=SPORTS21&Lopenr=308280055&Ref=PH

Lol Brother Nevis not making cut would be laugher,and some other team would be leaghing all the way to the bank

The only way Kerwynn Williams makes the final roster is if he comes out tonight and runs for 200 yds.. No way we'll carry 4 RB's on the final roster.

I actually think Williams is going to make the cut.  Marshay Green is on the bubble as a KR/CB, Hilton cannot return kicks...too valuable....David Reed just got here and he will leave just as fast....unless he runs one back tonight....and Cassius Vaughn....not sure he is an answer at KR. (Corner for that matter even though 'they say' he has improved.)

I may be wrong buddy, but just see Williams as a viable option at KR.  Truth be told, I had a dream he ran one back for a  :td:  in a 'real game.'  OK....and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night too. :)

Lol Brother Nevis not making cut would be laugher,and some other team would be leaghing all the way to the bank

Bad news is...everything I have read has Nevis getting cut...and I do not like it.  

Hughes is an amazing athlete for his size, but Nevis has played much better IMO. :thmup:

VG.

Nice to have a roster filled with so many guys we know something about and are glad to have on the roster.

Maybe stash Hughes on the PUP for Mathews for 6 weeks.

See Harvey as an ILB so maybe Shepard cut for Overton. Splitting hairs is a much better place to be.

Young & developing, I am stoked about the depth on our lines.

I too think to them McGlynn offers insurance for this season for 2 positions.

Maybe plays 1st half against Oakland and Thornton 2nd. See something along that line till they are confident.

Maybe work Holmes in when we are ahead by 20 in some of these games. ;)

We are going to be watching a whole lot better FB this season.

I think once a guy comes off PUP you can't put him back on it. Also Moala has been practicing this past week that alone means he can't go to the PUP. Colts have to keep him or cut him at this point.

I think they keep him.

While some really dislike Moala for some reason, he was solid last year before injury.  He was playing his best football in the Pagano/Manusky 3/4.   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

It would be a very stupid move

We need all the pass rushers we can get until we get into a groove with the starters and as Werner continues to develop.  Nevis has an uncanny build and athleticism that you simply do not teach.  He is big 315)...with some special 'moves.'

I actually think Williams is going to make the cut.  Marshay Green is on the bubble as a KR/CB, Hilton cannot return kicks...too valuable....David Reed just got here and he will leave just as fast....unless he runs one back tonight....and Cassius Vaughn....not sure he is an answer at KR. (Corner for that matter even though 'they say' he has improved.)

I may be wrong buddy, but just see Williams as a viable option at KR.  Truth be told, I had a dream he ran one back for a  :td:  in a 'real game.'  OK....and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night too. :)

If Williams makes it, then Brown has to go. IMO carrying 4 RB's plus a FB is a waste of a roster spot. Thats why I think Williams goes. He hasn't been very impressive in the chances he's had IMO.

If Williams makes it, then Brown has to go. IMO carrying 4 RB's plus a FB is a waste of a roster spot. Thats why I think Williams goes. He hasn't been very impressive in the chances he's had IMO.

All I can say is at LB, OL, and all over this team there are tough decisions that I am truly glad I am not making.

I love that Grigs and Pags have a face to face philosophy.  There are bound to be a couple of surprises too.  Glad I am not making the last cuts...or those sitting on the bubble.

QB

1.Luck-1

2.Hasselbeck-2

RB

1.Bradshaw-3

2.Ballard-4

3.Brown-5

4th string RBs are a dime a dozen hope to get Williams on PS if not someone else will be avaiable.

FB

1.Havili-6

WR

1.Wayne-7

2.Bey-8

3.Hilton-9

4.Whalen-10

5.Brazill-11 when he returns from suspension

We start with 4 recievers because Peps O splits TE Fleener out to slot on some formations.

TE

1.Allen-12

2.Fleener-13

3.Cunningham-14

4. Jones -15

Tackle

1.Castonzo-16

2.Cherilus-17

3.Reitz-18

Cleary to PS hopefully

Guards

1.Thomas-19

2.Thornton-20

3.Mcglynn - 21

4.Linkenbach-22

Would love to keep Ijalana here just don't see it happening he's been exclusively working LT 3rd string. There has to be an upgrade somewhere for both Mcglynn and Linkenbach.

Centers

1.Satele-23

2.Holmes-24

D Lineman

1.Cory Redding-25

2.Ricky Jean Francois-26

3.Josh Chapman-27

4.Drake Nevis-28

5.Aubrayo Franklin-29

6.Lawrence Guy-30

7.Montori Hughes-31

8.Matthews - 32

OLB

1.Robert Mathis-33

2.Erik Walden-34

3.Bjoern Werner-35

4.Caesar Rayford-36

5.Mario Harvey-37

ILB

1.Jerrell Freeman-38

2.Kelvin Sheppard-39

3.Pat Angerer-40

4.Kavell Conner-41

CB

1.Davis-42

2.Greg Toler-43

3.Darius Butler-44

4.Cassius Vaughn-45

5.Marshay Green-46

Safeties

1.Antoine Bethea-47

2.Laron Landry-48

3.Delano Howell-49

4.Larry Asante-50

5. Lefeged- 51

Kicker

1-Vinatieri-52

Punter

1.Mcafee-53

Long Snapper

1. Overton -54

54 because I counted Brazill will have to cut 1 or IR 1 after week 4 when he returns.

PR. T. Y. Hilton - KR. Vaughan, Whalen, Green

I may have overlooked someone this team has a few tough decisions to make . Also believe 1 or 2 of PS will come from another team and maybe 1 of the 53 comes from another team unlikely though.

PS

1.Cleary - OT

2..Jeremy Kelley-WR

3.Daniel Adongo-OLB

4.Josh Mcnary-OLB/ILB

5.Williams RB

6. Harnish QB

IR

1.Boyett

2.Hickman

3.Dan Moore

4.Sidbury

I know.

But I think the Colts see him as a guy with more upside..

They may lose him too waivers if they stash on on the PS.

I don't think Jones has any value.

Cunninghams value is very much in question. And Jones was pretty consistent when he was in last season. I like him over Cunningham, but I'd like to see him back next year if he doesn't make another team's roster.

QB

1.Luck-1

2.Hasselbeck-2

RB

1.Bradshaw-3

2.Ballard-4

3.Brown-5

4th string RBs are a dime a dozen hope to get Williams on PS if not someone else will be avaiable.

FB

1.Havili-6

WR

1.Wayne-7

2.Bey-8

3.Hilton-9

4.Whalen-10

5.Brazill-11 when he returns from suspension

We start with 4 recievers because Peps O splits TE Fleener out to slot on some formations.

TE

1.Allen-12

2.Fleener-13

3.Cunningham-14

4. Jones -15

Tackle

1.Castonzo-16

2.Cherilus-17

3.Reitz-18

Cleary to PS hopefully

Guards

1.Thomas-19

2.Thornton-20

3.Mcglynn - 21

4.Linkenbach-22

Would love to keep Ijalana here just don't see it happening he's been exclusively working LT 3rd string. There has to be an upgrade somewhere for both Mcglynn and Linkenbach.

Centers

1.Satele-23

2.Holmes-24

D Lineman

1.Cory Redding-25

2.Ricky Jean Francois-26

3.Josh Chapman-27

4.Drake Nevis-28

5.Aubrayo Franklin-29

6.Lawrence Guy-30

7.Montori Hughes-31

8.Matthews - 32

OLB

1.Robert Mathis-33

2.Erik Walden-34

3.Bjoern Werner-35

4.Caesar Rayford-36

5.Mario Harvey-37

ILB

1.Jerrell Freeman-38

2.Kelvin Sheppard-39

3.Pat Angerer-40

4.Kavell Conner-41

CB

1.Davis-42

2.Greg Toler-43

3.Darius Butler-44

4.Cassius Vaughn-45

5.Marshay Green-46

Safeties

1.Antoine Bethea-47

2.Laron Landry-48

3.Delano Howell-49

4.Larry Asante-50

5. Lefeged- 51

Kicker

1-Vinatieri-52

Punter

1.Mcafee-53

Long Snapper

1. Overton -54

54 because I counted Brazill will have to cut 1 or IR 1 after week 4 when he returns.

PR. T. Y. Hilton - KR. Vaughan, Whalen, Green

I may have overlooked someone this team has a few tough decisions to make . Also believe 1 or 2 of PS will come from another team and maybe 1 of the 53 comes from another team unlikely though.

PS

1.Cleary - OT

2..Jeremy Kelley-WR

3.Daniel Adongo-OLB

4.Josh Mcnary-OLB/ILB

5.Williams RB

6. Harnish QB

IR

1.Boyett

2.Hickman

3.Dan Moore

4.Sidbury

I agreed with most of this till you got to 5 safeties. That simply will not happen.

I think most of us have the same top 46-48 guys. It's those last 5-7 that no one can call. Who are the final offensive and defensive linemen? How many tight ends do we keep? How many backs? Who is the fifth corner, and do we keep an extra safety? How many linebackers, inside and out?

I love this stuff. I doubt any of us gets this right, and there's probably going to be a surprise or two that no one saw coming. But I can't wait until cut day, and the 48 hours after as Grigson continues tweaking the roster. I've been waiting for this since January.

I think most of us have the same top 46-48 guys. It's those last 5-7 that no one can call. Who are the final offensive and defensive linemen? How many tight ends do we keep? How many backs? Who is the fifth corner, and do we keep an extra safety? How many linebackers, inside and out?

I love this stuff. I doubt any of us gets this right, and there's probably going to be a surprise or two that no one saw coming. But I can't wait until cut day, and the 48 hours after as Grigson continues tweaking the roster. I've been waiting for this since January.

After last night, I hope I never see Josh Gordy in a Colts Uniform.  At least Marshay Green adds some things and covers as well as Gordy (aint sayin much!!!)  You are sooooo right....those last 5-7 make me sick....and I am sure Pags too.

By the way....Vaughn is the same old Vaughn.....simply awful....gets turned around...has zero clue as to where the ball is....URRRGH!  :)

I think you are getting too caught up in the positions that a guy plays.  Those final 5 or so spots on the 53 are because of what they bring to special teams as well.  Brown has been doing special teams coverage as obviously is Williams with kick returns. 

After last night, I hope I never see Josh Gordy in a Colts Uniform.  At least Marshay Green adds some things and covers as well as Gordy (aint sayin much!!!)  You are sooooo right....those last 5-7 make me sick....and I am sure Pags too.

By the way....Vaughn is the same old Vaughn.....simply awful....gets turned around...has zero clue as to where the ball is....URRRGH!   :)

Should be some decent CBs on waivers . :thmup:

I think you are getting too caught up in the positions that a guy plays.  Those final 5 or so spots on the 53 are because of what they bring to special teams as well.  Brown has been doing special teams coverage as obviously is Williams with kick returns. 

Not getting caught up, just that carrying 4 rb's when we could fill that position with another trench guy and stash Williams on the PS is a much smarter idea. Let's face it, a guy like williams is a dime a dozen and easily replaced. He's not a star like some seem to believe he is.

Not getting caught up, just that carrying 4 rb's when we could fill that position with another trench guy and stash Williams on the PS is a much smarter idea. Let's face it, a guy like williams is a dime a dozen and easily replaced. He's not a star like some seem to believe he is.

My friend you are correct hes not a star but IMO hes got good potential,so I hope hes not cut outright.We have lost backs to injury before one injury prone and one just coming off injury. 

From what I have seen Nevis has played well. He looked dominant in the 2nd half of the NYG game ( I think it was that game).  I haven't been following camp like I usually do, but seems like we've been waiting for Nevis and Chapman for this point in their careers.

Also, I really think the NFL/PA needs to expand rosters to 55 or so. Or maybe even push 60 with a 10 man PS.  There are way too many good players out of jobs every year because it's cut so close.  I get it's about $, just suprised that wasn't brought up in the last CBA.

Correct me if im wrong but didn't we carry 4 RBs Ballard, Brown, Carter, Deji Karim/Mewelde Moore all last year? Williams just takes on the KR duties Karim did last year and can play sparingly at rb like Mewelde Moore did last year, he does both things that we needed two backs to do for us last year.

Correct me if im wrong but didn't we carry 4 RBs Ballard, Brown, Carter, Deji Karim/Mewelde Moore all last year? Williams just takes on the KR duties Karim did last year and can play sparingly at rb like Mewelde Moore did last year, he does both things that we needed two backs to do for us last year.

Personally I would have liked to hold onto Karim, I liked his ability, Williams shows flashes though, we absolutely have to block better on Returns, we have been awful at that

Personally I would have liked to hold onto Karim, I liked his ability, Williams shows flashes though, we absoltely have to block better on Returns, we have been awful at that

I agree. Karim was fun to watch when given the chance. He sure had some great acceleration and speed to him. 

We also didn't utilize a FB last yr. 4 RB's and a FB is ridiculous IMO. 

We also didn't utilize a FB last yr. 4 RB's and a FB is ridiculous IMO.

I don't think it's ridiculous, a lot of teams carry 5 backs (rb/fb) Seahawks, 49ers, Falcons just to name a few(in 2012)

Especially when all our backs serves a specific purpose and not just taking up space on the roster

I don't think it's ridiculous, a lot of teams carry 5 backs (rb/fb) Seahawks, 49ers, Falcons just to name a few(in 2012)

Especially when all our backs serves a specific purpose and not just taking up space on the roster

Well, were all entitled to our opinions, but there is no way I would keep 4 RB's when that 3rd string back is so easy to replace. Williams can go to the PS and if he got plucked by some other team...who cares? We can grab one from somewhere else. Too many have fooled theirselves into believing he's a star and he's nothing even remotely close to a star. He's your everyday run of the mill 3rd string RB in the NFL and there are literally dozens available every yr. on other teams PS's or even off the street.