Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Updates

TKnight24

Hello Colts Family & Happy Wednesday! :wave:

Here are some updates you guys might be interested in

@CraigKColts: Caesar Rayford sprinting downfield on special teams. I'd leave my lane for cover.

@CraigKColts: Pagano does not commit on Luck playing. Might, might not, "If he gets a series, great. if not, great." Will not consult w/Lewis b4 game.

@CraigKColts: Pagano says team not ready to throw D Adongo out there yet. Pagano worried about speed/nuances of game.

@CraigKColts: Pagano says Fleener, Allen, McGlynn to be ready for season.

@CraigKColts: #Colts Hugh Thornton is ready for action in Cincinnati. http://t.co/e6wlaRbvwG

Thanks TK

Looks like Adongo is headed to the PS

I've been saying that since we brought him over.  He's safe there, no one is going to grab him.  He can learn the game this year.  If he shows he can play, he'll get his shot next year.

Remember all those people claiming it's easy to go from Rugby to the NFL?  Clueless.

Nothing about Costanzo or Bradshaw being ready for season. ERRRRR

@pwilson24: Asked if he needs to see RB Ahmad Bradshaw play in preseason finale, #Colts coach Chuck Pagano, "No, I don't."

@KBowenColts: Anthony Castonzo was very happy to hear the good news yesterday of a minor injury: "My goal is to be ready for Oakland (Sept. 8)."

@Coltsfanwilson: Anthony Castonzo said he initially thought his knee injury was season ending. Turned out to be mild MCL sprain. Targeted return is week 1.

I've been saying that since we brought him over.  He's safe there, no one is going to grab him.  He can learn the game this year.  If he shows he can play, he'll get his shot next year.

Remember all those people claiming it's easy to go from Rugby to the NFL?  Clueless.

Not sure there were heaps of people saying it was easy, just some of us who felt that it wasn't a complete impossibly, Grigson also felt that way obviously...

So he must be clueless too!?!?

Don't really see why we need to groom him in.

I think Thornton is just a natural..

I believe if he's not better than McGlynn right now he will be by our BYE week..

The tackle sleads they use in practice are better than McGlynn haha at least they'll slow the defender down

Not sure there were heaps of people saying it was easy, just some of us who felt that it wasn't a complete impossibly, Grigson also felt that way obviously...

So he must be clueless too!?!?

There were plenty of people who said it was an easy transition.  Probably the same people saying we had the same old O and D lines after the first half of the first preseason games.  Yes, they are clueless IMHO.

Pretty big leap you're making with that last sentence.  I'm sure you're being sarcastic but I'll answer anyway.  Grigson never said he'd play this year, he said he has athletic ability.  Obviously they know how dangerous the game is for those who never played. 

Thanks TK

Looks like Adongo is headed to the PS

Yeah I think so too. I'm pretty sure that was their intention from the beginning, to find someone with pure raw talent and teach him everything for a year. It's more like an experiment to see how successful it is. and if it is, it will open a lot more scouting opportunities and could possibly change the scouting process in the nfl.

The colts have been really high on acquiring raw talent this offseason with Werner, Montori, and Adongo. I'm excited to see how talented our coaching staff is and if they can pull this off

Throwing a rookie without playing any preseason football is a bad idea. Protecting Luck is the first priority. Perhaps by game 3 as previously suggested.

Well, if you look at the first two games (Oak & Miami) that's almost the same as practice, haha.

If he looks good Thursday then I have no big concerns letting him play the opener. If he looks bad then he can easily be pulled.

my .02

There were plenty of people who said it was an easy transition.  Probably the same people saying we had the same old O and D lines after the first half of the first preseason games.  Yes, they are clueless IMHO.

Pretty big leap you're making with that last sentence.  I'm sure you're being sarcastic but I'll answer anyway.  Grigson never said he'd play this year, he said he has athletic ability.  Obviously they know how dangerous the game is for those who never played. 

You're not wrong Walter...

I don't remember anyone said it was easy, just that its possible.

I don't remember anyone said it was easy, just that its possible.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/19191-colts-release-saunders-sign-adongo-merge/?hl=rugby#entry522713

Just go through that thread.  I recall phrases like "...shouldn't be hard..." and "It's not rocket science" being thrown around. 

I think there are a lot more football players who could be rocket scientist than rocket scientist who could be football players, but I digress.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/19191-colts-release-saunders-sign-adongo-merge/?hl=rugby#entry522713

Just go through that thread.  I recall phrases like "...shouldn't be hard..." and "It's not rocket science" being thrown around. 

I think there are a lot more football players who could be rocket scientist than rocket scientist who could be football players, but I digress.

What I saw was a few people saying he should be able to play special teams. Some didn't specify when, some said sometime this year. No one was saying anything outlandish like he's going to be a starter or backup, this year.

It really just depends how fast he can pick up the game ( specifically STs ) I think Pagano thought there was an outside possibility for this year but more likely next.

What I saw was a few people saying he should be able to play special teams. Some didn't specify when, some said sometime this year. No one was saying anything outlandish like he's going to be a starter or backup, this year.

It really just depends how fast he can pick up the game ( specifically STs ) I think Pagano thought there was an outside possibility for this year but more likely next.

The discussion wasn't if he could play or not.  It was how some people thought it would be easy for a rugby player to transition to playing in the NFL.  I cited two examples.  Believe me, there were plenty more.

Funny, no one seems to remember (or admit) to saying that anymore.  Whatever, none of us know as much as we think we know.  I know I don't.

The discussion wasn't if he could play or not.  It was how some people thought it would be easy for a rugby player to transition to playing in the NFL.  I cited two examples.  Believe me, there were plenty more.

Funny, no one seems to remember (or admit) to saying that anymore.  Whatever, none of us know as much as we think we know.  I know I don't.

I took it as " it could be a easy transition " without being specific about how much of a role he would play. Seemed kinda light hearted as people were excited about his size, athleticism, and work ethic.

I took it as " it could be a easy transition " without being specific about how much of a role he would play. Seemed kinda light hearted as people were excited about his size, athleticism, and work ethic.

No, I agree with you.  That's exactly what it was.  I just thought it was funny that people thought it could be an easy transition.