Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which division rival will give us the hardest time?

Stephen

I think that the texans are our #1 threat in the division.. how ever with that being said the beast offensive line of the titans with cj2k behind it also jake locker.... they might give us a lil fight. don't underestimate a quarterback with a good offensive line either...and the jags I'm not to worried about :P

Titans could be scary, I just get a feeling they are gonna be difficult. Their O line is looking really good, getting a bunch of movement and making holes. Their receivers are not bad either. They just need their QB to stay healthy and play well. If that happens they could nip some heels.

So they have Locker.... one man does not make an Online. We had Jeff Saturday, one of the best centers in his prime and we still couldnt run worth crap. The thing with both the Titans and the Jags is that they are their own worse enemy. Ground and Pound 65-70% of their game plan wont work in  today's league. It may work every now and again(see MJD vs Colts lol) but I dont see it working enough to win the division or make the play offs. Their QBs have too many inconsistencies to matter much.  and No way on earth is TN going 4-0 against both the colts and the Texans. If they are lucky, 2-2, split the series with both team. More than likely, 0-4 or 1-4 depending on when they play.

In the past, I could have seen the Titans give us more grief due to their O-line and running game. However, with the way our frontline DL is built, the ones with the most active secondary and LBs is the Texans, and that is why the Texans are the biggest threat. We can handle their running game, it will just be hard to handle their D game in and game out.

I am a bit glad we play the Texans later in the year, that is when defensive teams like the Bears and Texans break down with injuries.