Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laron Landry apparently spat at Mike McGlynn

AntonMcG

You're not trained to go head first low into the thigh. That causes injuries a lot of the time. He needs to get there and wrap the guy. It was a pretty dirty hit. 

Just watched it on youtube and I don't see how it could have been considered a dirty hit.  it looked like thousands of other tackles by DB's that are made every week. 

I know what you are saying.

No, their ISN`T plenty of space below the head. That seems to be the crux of it all.

Guys with the ball lower their head to protect themselves and tacklers are getting fined for it because they don`t precisely allow for it.

It`s a conundrum.

Swearinger/anyone is Tackling to Hurt because they aimed 8" to low at a moving target? Just saying that is a harsh judgement.

They showed Swearinger in College and he liked to tackle Physically, High. All these guys are having to adapt.

Wondering what the game will look like in 5 years?

Even if a reciever dips their head, as long as you aren't leading with yours it's not an issue. It's this incessant need to torpedo at ball carriers that is causing this problem. Because defenders are too used to leading into all hits with their helmets.

The game is going to look exactly the same 5 years from now. People dramatize these issues. Players will adapt. They won't have a choice.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, but do you think it's possible that he might have been receiving rehab or something at the time the pic was taken?  Also during training camp, which I was at more than I wasn't, I saw him several times with, around, and talking to the DB's especially during the individual segments of the practice.  

I hope you are right, I am wrong and Landry is this nice and altruistic person and he is just not good at PR, but let me just have my reservations. As I said, when all is said and done if he turns out to be outstanding on the football field for Colts I don't really care how he is in private. It's not my business and does not affect my life as a Colts fan in any way.

I hope you are right, I am wrong and Landry is this nice and altruistic person and he is just not good at PR, but let me just have my reservations. As I said, when all is said and done if he turns out to be outstanding on the football field for Colts I don't really care how he is in private. It's not my business and does not affect my life as a Colts fan in any way.

I'm not trying to say that he's the most cordial guy either, neither of us know anything about him personally.  And I don't really need him to be bffs with the other guys in the locker room, doesn't hurt but isn't necessary.  The guy was a Pro Bowler last season, and a PB alternate in 2 other seasons.  He can obviously play at a high level when healthy.  I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt, and you prefer to have your reservations, to each their own.  I was just trying to say that he isn't as aloof with everybody as he was being made out to be in your original post.

Ok since we are on this topic. Can someone explain a correct tackle.

I thought Football was a game of keep away if someone has the ball you either intercept it you tackle them or you hit them or the ball so hard the ball jars loose to create a fumble.

I love football, but if you cant hit a guy low you cant hit a guy high and then he lowers his self to truck you or protect the ball why then don't you just let him score?

I really hope Rodger Goodell Is happy with what he is creating because if he keeps it up mark my words its going to become like the NBA you cant even touch a player in a contact sport. And people are going to stop watching it.

My thing is I am all for player safety but all these players make millions to play a game they should fully understand the reprocutions of a sport this violent.

Lets stop the nonsence and get back to football. If they or don't like being tackled at the knee then go play flag football but don't change football because someone gets hurt its crazy.

And Landry I love what he brings to the table he even said his self he didn't spit on Mcglynn .

Just my thoughts.

oh by the way what abought boxing or ufc those guys get paid to mess each other up and I bet a lot of love to watch that. :scratch:

Ok since we are on this topic. Can someone explain a correct tackle.

I thought Football was a game of keep away if someone has the ball you either intercept it you tackle them or you hit them or the ball so hard the ball jars loose to create a fumble.

I love football, but if you cant hit a guy low you cant hit a guy high and then he lowers his self to truck you or protect the ball why then don't you just let him score?

I really hope Rodger Goodell Is happy with what he is creating because if he keeps it up mark my words its going to become like the NBA you cant even touch a player in a contact sport. And people are going to stop watching it.

My thing is I am all for player safety but all these players make millions to play a game they should fully understand the reprocutions of a sport this violent.

Lets stop the nonsence and get back to football. If they or don't like being tackled at the knee then go play flag football but don't change football because someone gets hurt its crazy.

And Landry I love what he brings to the table he even said his self he didn't spit on Mcglynn .

Just my thoughts.

oh by the way what abought boxing or ufc those guys get paid to mess each other up and I bet a lot of love to watch that. :scratch:

http://m.wikihow.com/Tackle-in-Football

If kids can get it, these "professionals" can too.

Note the "Don't lead with your head" passage. Enlightening stuff......

I didn't realize there was a pot to be stirred in this case. :dunno:

Well, it's something that happened years ago that to me is only being brought up to conjur some sort of idea of team disfunction.

Why else bring it up? Rehashing old wounds doesn't do anything..