Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign S Ashante Williams

cjwhiskers

Interesting the Grigson seems more willing to take a chance on players with checkered pasts.    I am all for people getting 2nd chances.  You people do crazy things.   But it is different than the Polian/Dungy regime where they would rarely do that.

Funny  :)

Don't forget that Robert Hughes was added/

I have no way of knowing obviously but my thinking on Hughes is this......Hes a power runner, not the best of blockers, Havili is a lock to make the team obviously so he would be competing against (in my opinion) Delone Carter and Dan Moore, Carter is not a blocker and I highly doubt sees any time at FB and in my opinion is definitly on the outside looking in so you have Dan Moore (who unfortunately got injured from the looks of it) who can be a bulldozer of a blocker and runner so I think it will be either Moore or Hughes going to the PS, do to Moore being the more versatile of the 2 I think he wins out while also having time to recover on the PS....But at the end of the day the bes ability is availability so Hughes has as good a shot as any other running/full back on the roster not named Bradshaw or Ballard

I have no way of knowing obviously but my thinking on Hughes is this......Hes a power runner, not the best of blockers, Havili is a lock to make the team obviously so he would be competing against (in my opinion) Delone Carter and Dan Moore, Carter is not a blocker and I highly doubt sees any time at FB and in my opinion is definitly on the outside looking in so you have Dan Moore (who unfortunately got injured from the looks of it) who can be a bulldozer of a blocker and runner so I think it will be either Moore or Hughes going to the PS, do to Moore being the more versatile of the 2 I think he wins out while also having time to recover on the PS....But at the end of the day the bes ability is availability so Hughes has as good a shot as any other running/full back on the roster not named Bradshaw or Ballard

I think RH is just a stop gap.