Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delone Carter ordered to pay $40K to a man he punched in the face.

Indyfan4life

An Onondaga County Supreme Court jury ordered Colts RB Delone Carter to pay a man he punched in the face $40,000.

In 2010, while playing for Syracuse, Carter punched William "Jay" Hotaling after he thought Hotaling had thrown a snowball at the SUV Carter had been driving. Surveillance later showed that Hotaling didn't toss the snowball, and Carter eventually admitted to punching him. Hotaling suffered multiple facial fractures, and Carter was also ordered to pay the medical expenses.

Source:

Syracuse Post-Standard Jul 19 - 6:06 PM

All over a snowball being thrown at his car lol. The guy apparently didn't even throw anything at the car according to surveillance. What a punk.

DC should know better than to punch a guy in the face, he's a ridiculously big dude and could probabaly kill someone even with a single good blow to the face.

Sounds like college kids

He's a 230 pound athlete, and he pursued and attacked someone for no reason in front of multiple witnesses. "Multiple Facial Fractures?" What it actually sounds like is assault, and he's lucky that he didn't kill him.

Odd that this didn't seem to come up as a character concern before he was drafted. Makes PED/drug violations look tame in comparison.

He's a 230 pound athlete, and he pursued and attacked someone for no reason in front of multiple witnesses. "Multiple Facial Fractures?" What it actually sounds like is assault, and he's lucky that he didn't kill him.

Odd that this didn't seem to come up as a character concern before he was drafted. Makes PED/drug violations look tame in comparison.

Well take that up with Polian, he drafted him

What's the fine this year for a running back when he lowers his head and rams a defender in the helmet?  I have a feeling DC will be picking up a fine or two for this new (terrible) rule, if they ever use him for a goal line plunge.  If one punch can break a guy's face, imagine what he will do as a 230lb missile.

It came up. I remember reading about it when the Colts drafted him.

Agreed, I'm surprised this wasn't more of a red flag pre-draft. Was it ever pursued by a law enforcement agency?

The bit that gets me is, if  your going to make up an excuse for provocation, come up with better than "he threw a snowball at me." 

Agreed, I'm surprised this wasn't more of a red flag pre-draft. Was it ever pursued by a law enforcement agency?

The bit that gets me is, if  your going to make up an excuse for provocation, come up with better than "he threw a snowball at me." 

The article says he was charged with misdemeanor assault, and pleaded guilty to "harassment". Of course we can't tell if they let him off easy because they felt he deserved it, or if there was favoritism.

His vehicle apparently was hit by a snowball. I can't imagine why that would provoke ANY kind of response - unless an ice ball cracked a window or something.

The article says he was charged with misdemeanor assault, and pleaded guilty to "harassment". Of course we can't tell if they let him off easy because they felt he deserved it, or if there was favoritism.

His vehicle apparently was hit by a snowball. I can't imagine why that would provoke ANY kind of response - unless an ice ball cracked a window or something.

Even if it cracked a window it's not really a appropriate response, Carter really dropped the ball on this one  :hide:

All over a snowball being thrown at his car lol. The guy apparently didn't even throw anything at the car according to surveillance. What a punk.

DC should know better than to punch a guy in the face, he's a ridiculously big dude and could probabaly kill someone even with a single good blow to the face.

If it were only a water balloon...he might have shot him  :funny:

Caution Delone.....slippery when wet...:)

water-balloon-1.jpg