Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ranked #10 by Jaws in QB rankings

loudnproudcolt

I'm not the one who called the opposing team's QB garbage. Or a terrible player. Or anything. But I suppose the opposing fan takes all the blame whenever threads like this happen. Whatever. We'll see who wears the crown of the AFC South at the end of the year. Guess who's the two-year reigning champion? I'm pretty sure it's that team whose board you mention you like hanging out on.

Hello? You are the eternal opposing fan. As an analogy, you are the parent that puts their kid down all the time. Never anything positive to say about us. If this is going to be your home, you need to build the fan base up every once in a while.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember when i got my first calculator that did only basic math

Even though gangs were around back then, the ones near me always fought fair, I got attacked lets say by anti jewish ones but 

once u were down u were down and never licked afterwards etc, also usually only 1 of gang u had to fight so if u won the rest respected it and didnt bother u 

None of the deadly crap today, schools were safe, u felt secure , no one i knew had parents that were divorced etc, its a whole different world

Yeah the times have changed. The youth of today are much different, and as we saw with Hernandez, even having football and being around great people won't change the violent nature of some.

Hello? You are the eternal opposing fan. As an analogy, you are the parent that puts their kid down all the time. Never anything positive to say about us. If this is going to be your home, you need to build the fan base up every once in a while.

I'm no different than any other fan that can view this team objectively. I give credit where credit is due, and if you don't realize that then you haven't seen many of my posts. I certainly don't feel the need to build the fanbase up when some on here would rather take pleasure in tearing it down themselves. I know there are good posters here, it's obvious. And I have positive interactions with them like everyone else. No need to build anyone up.

QB1: 64.3 completion %, 7.4 yards per throw, 250.5 yards a game, 12 INTS, 90.7 Passer rating

QB2: 54.1 completion %, 7 yards per throw, 273.4 yards/game, 18 INTS, 76.5 Passer rating

Guess which QB is Schaub? And after doing that, take a guess at who QB2 is as well.

Who is "Blaine Gabbert", Alex. :thmup:

Schaub is one of those QBs that's not good enough to win you a championship, but just good enough to not get rid of. He's basically a better Jay Cutler.

I would rather have Cutler....and I'm not exactly his #1 fan.

I'm no different than any other fan that can view this team objectively. I give credit where credit is due, and if you don't realize that then you haven't seen many of my posts. I certainly don't feel the need to build the fanbase up when some on here would rather take pleasure in tearing it down themselves. I know there are good posters here, it's obvious. And I have positive interactions with them like everyone else. No need to build anyone up.

Come on, Qwiz. Your protocol is well established.

You derive great enjoyment from this board because you know you can take simultaneous shots at both Luck and Manning, and get support from zealous supporters of either of them. You can get in not-so-subtle digs on the fanbase because you know it's fractured. And then you get bonus points if you throw in some praise for Griffin and Brady. You play both sides of the fence and then revel in the ensuing chaos. You don't have to twist the knife; you know that's gonna happen regardless. Just sticking it in is good enough.

Of course, to your credit, there's a healthy amount of legitimate football talk. And every so-called negative comment associated with the Colts isn't problematic, or at least shouldn't have to be. But there's a whole lot of this guy as well:

blog2.jpg

Come on, Qwiz. Your protocol is well established.

You derive great enjoyment from this board because you know you can take simultaneous shots at both Luck and Manning, and get support from zealous supporters of either of them. You can get in not-so-subtle digs on the fanbase because you know it's fractured. And then you get bonus points if you throw in some praise for Griffin and Brady. You play both sides of the fence and then revel in the ensuing chaos. You don't have to twist the knife; you know that's gonna happen regardless. Just sticking it in is good enough.

Of course, to your credit, there's a healthy amount of legitimate football talk. And every so-called negative comment associated with the Colts isn't problematic, or at least shouldn't have to be. But there's a whole lot of this guy as well:

blog2.jpg

I can play both sides of the fence because I have no loyalty to either team. I understand the sentiments from the PM and the AL camp. There's going to be chaos here whether or not I indulge in it lol. I don't think I stick in the knife; Rather I aid in it, depending on the argument between the posters. My side of the whole QB thing is apparent if one looks closely enough at my posts, but I'm not going to get into it because I don't want to start another one of those 18/12 debates. I don't cause nearly as much mayhem as my name seems to get tied to. I think there's a fair amount of blame to go around when threads like this happen and little disagreements become full-blown topic-killers.

I just see it as who had the bigger impact this season, and I would give that to Luck. If we were going just based on stats, then Luck wouldn't even be in the top 16. I'm having a hard time understanding these rankings.

A thought to share.....

When it comes to rankings,  unless you, yourself, did the list,  then there is no ranking since the dawn of time in any sport that people are going to agree with every pick.     

I don't agree with every pick, but --- on balance --- I think the list is fine.    Do I have a quibble here and there?   Sure.   But, who cares.     I might see a player as needing to be higher, and you might see the same guy as needing to be lower.     

It's like the draft,   everyone sees the same thing differently.

Put another way..........    you like to offer your opinions and you put out lots of rankings.    You have one list out right now on who you see as the top coaches.    From where I stand there are one or two comments that agree with you and everyone else is saying..... "This guy is too high,  and that guy is too low...."

Everyone sees the same thing differently.

But Jaw's was a successful QB in the NFL for more than 10 years.   And for ESPN,  he studies tape religiously.   Not occasionally,   but all the time.    That literally is his job,  to study tape, and offer an opinion.

I'd strongly recommend going back to my first post with the link that's the thread I started over on the NFL Page of this website....   it's an ESPN link and you can read the script of every player but simply clicking on the same....

You can read Jaws' review and try to understand his opinion..... 

Hope that helps!     :thmup:

I can play both sides of the fence because I have no loyalty to either team. I understand the sentiments from the PM and the AL camp. There's going to be chaos here whether or not I indulge in it lol. I don't think I stick in the knife; Rather I aid in it, depending on the argument between the posters. My side of the whole QB thing is apparent if one looks closely enough at my posts, but I'm not going to get into it because I don't want to start another one of those 18/12 debates. I don't cause nearly as much mayhem as my name seems to get tied to. I think there's a fair amount of blame to go around when threads like this happen and little disagreements become full-blown topic-killers.

My whole point is that you know what you're doing, and you enjoy it. Whether you stick the knife in or twist it, you get your kicks either way. Things like "Andy" and "12" are perfect examples. And then you come back with your "who, me???" routine.

My whole point is that you know what you're doing, and you enjoy it. Whether you stick the knife in or twist it, you get your kicks either way. Things like "Andy" and "12" are perfect examples. And then you come back with your "who, me???" routine.

But what am I doing? I can't use nicknames? Robert Griffin is termed Bobby by some, Kaepernick is called Kap, Pacman and so on. I still don't see why you find offense with my calling the guy by his number, which I've been doing since I joined. Take note that I didn't call anyone's QB trash or said he was a terrible player, which other posters do and face no  scoldings. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy, something I find myself doing a lot on this board. You know how it is here.

We definitely don't want to go by QBR. Schaub is ahead of 12 in that too.

These rankings are pretty much silly - it is the off season. If Luck was rated 1st or 32nd, what does it matter. But a really simple question for you - who would you rather have leading your team - Schaub or Luck?

These rankings are pretty much silly - it is the off season. If Luck was rated 1st or 32nd, what does it matter. But a really simple question for you - who would you rather have leading your team - Schaub or Luck?

This is probably the third time this question has been asked and Jason addressed it greatly earlier in the thread. Right now I would take my guy. He hasn't done anything drastic to make me say anything otherwise. If we're talking about long-term, I would say 12. But at this point in time? The word I will use is potential. That's what we have to go on with 12. A guy I would take right now to lead my team is Aaron Rodgers, a proven winner and a guy who can elevate the play of the guys around him and who has great mechanics and tremendous upside, even performing at the high level he is now, which is insane.

But what am I doing? I can't use nicknames? Robert Griffin is termed Bobby by some, Kaepernick is called Kap, Pacman and so on. I still don't see why you find offense with my calling the guy by his number, which I've been doing since I joined. Take note that I didn't call anyone's QB trash or said he was a terrible player, which other posters do and face no scoldings. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy, something I find myself doing a lot on this board. You know how it is here.

Garbage, and terrible are just the nicknames of Schaub for some on here I guess lol.

Garbage, and terrible are just the nicknames of Schaub for some on here I guess lol.

Yeah, sure. That's fine. But I hope they know what they are subconsciously implying about their own guy when they use those nicknames. haha

This is probably the third time this question has been asked and Jason addressed it greatly earlier in the thread. Right now I would take my guy. He hasn't done anything drastic to make me say anything otherwise. If we're talking about long-term, I would say 12. But at this point in time? The word I will use is potential. That's what we have to go on with 12. A guy I would take right now to lead my team is Aaron Rodgers, a proven winner and a guy who can elevate the play of the guys around him and who has great mechanics and tremendous upside, even performing at the high level he is now, which is insane.

That's arguable, from a football standpoint. Luck's raw numbers aren't as good as Schaub's (lower completion percentage, more turnovers), but Luck really carried the Colts offensively. And he made plays with the game on the line to stage comebacks and beat teams that we really weren't supposed to beat. As a rookie. I expected Luck to play well, but I didn't expect him to perform so well under pressure, because that's not typical of a young quarterback on a team with new coaches. Yet, he led the league on third down, and the Colts shockingly had more close victories than any other team in the league.

Schaub is more efficient, but it could be argued that he not only lacks the dynamic playmaking ability to propel the Texans forward, but that he's actually holding them back from reaching their true potential. I'm not saying he's a bad quarterback, only that I don't think he's going to be the catalyst for them to take the next step toward winning a championship. Meanwhile, Luck was arguably the biggest factor in the Colts relative success last season, despite his rookie-like lack of efficiency. He made big plays all season long, and with further acclimation, there's little doubt that he can help the team continue to progress as a contender. As you say yourself, his potential exceeds Schaub's, and that was clear in his performance last season. As a roookie.

But what am I doing? I can't use nicknames? Robert Griffin is termed Bobby by some, Kaepernick is called Kap, Pacman and so on. I still don't see why you find offense with my calling the guy by his number, which I've been doing since I joined. Take note that I didn't call anyone's QB trash or said he was a terrible player, which other posters do and face no  scoldings. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy, something I find myself doing a lot on this board. You know how it is here.

There's the "who, me???" defense, just like I said. And then the "you know how it is here" line, further illustrating how you revel in it.

I don't know what you mean by hypocrisy. Having different members of the same fanbase disagree with each other isn't hypocrisy.

Anyone have a link to the video on the ranking? I missed sportscenter/nfl live past couple days and would like to see what he had to say. I agree that he should be ahead of the other young QBs in the league. I really don't see why people rank Schaub over Luck, but I'm sure that will end soon. Just ready for football season to start...

That's arguable, from a football standpoint. Luck's raw numbers aren't as good as Schaub's (lower completion percentage, more turnovers), but Luck really carried the Colts offensively. And he made plays with the game on the line to stage comebacks and beat teams that we really weren't supposed to beat. As a rookie. I expected Luck to play well, but I didn't expect him to perform so well under pressure, because that's not typical of a young quarterback on a team with new coaches. Yet, he led the league on third down, and the Colts shockingly had more close victories than any other team in the league.

Schaub is more efficient, but it could be argued that he not only lacks the dynamic playmaking ability to propel the Texans forward, but that he's actually holding them back from reaching their true potential. I'm not saying he's a bad quarterback, only that I don't think he's going to be the catalyst for them to take the next step toward winning a championship. Meanwhile, Luck was arguably the biggest factor in the Colts relative success last season, despite his rookie-like lack of efficiency. He made big plays all season long, and with further acclimation, there's little doubt that he can help the team continue to progress as a contender. As you say yourself, his potential exceeds Schaub's, and that was clear in his performance last season. As a roookie.

Define "teams that we weren't supposed to beat". I mean, the Packers and Texan wins would be good examples, but other than those two, do you really think the Lions, Jaguars, Vikings, Dolphins are teams that are supposed to be so good that you weren't supposed to beat them? I agree that 12 may have had more of an impact on his team than Schaub had on his last year, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is better.

For instance. Aaron Rodgers made more of an impact on the Packers than, say, Peyton Manning did on the Broncos. You could plug in any decent QB on the Broncos roster and I think we see double digit wins still. Put Gabbert on the Packers and their toast. Does that necessarily make Rodgers a superior QB? I think at this point in time he is but still, it's not because he makes more of an impact on his team. 12 excelled in a stretch offense due to the fact that he had trusty and speedy receivers and the toughness to hang in the pocket and deliver even when he knew the hit was coming. That much is undeniable. But there were still mistakes, and habits that need to be cut down on. He isn't the perfect passing machine that some seem to make him out to be, and as you yourself said in another thread, those people are going to be disappointed when he doesn't live up to their standards.

As for Schaub, I saw a competitive spirit in him that we as Texans fans are not used to. Sure he cannot extend plays or run and he isn't a guy the media loves but he rose to the occasion several times during the season, and never gave up, and stayed tough even when he was licked a few times. I see promise in him as well. That's why I don't think the answer as to who is "best" is as clear cut as some seem to think it is.

Yeah, sure. That's fine. But I hope they know what they are subconsciously implying about their own guy when they use those nicknames. haha

Lol suppose that depends on if they believe Matt is better than Luck.

There's the "who, me???" defense, just like I said. And then the "you know how it is here" line, further illustrating how you revel in it.

I don't know what you mean by hypocrisy. Having different members of the same fanbase disagree with each other isn't hypocrisy.

You seem to think I have some sort of secret agenda, and we've had this discussion at least once before. How does me pointing out how tiresome and irritating some posters are here at times indicative of my reveling in it? I didn't say,  " You know how it is!! :yay: "

And the hypocrisy is evident all the time in guys who call other decent players garbage while at the same time hailing their own guy as the next big thing despite the flaws in his game as well, and his inferior numbers to other guys that they don't like. It's not just Schaub who is looked down on. I expect disagreements, duh. It's a football forum. But when I point out the holes in logic threads just tumble out of control and somehow the discussion is all about me. As I've said numerous times, I want this thread to go back to the top 10 thing.

Lol suppose that depends on if they believe Matt is better than Luck.

Yep. Objectivity and acknowledgement of other guy's strengths will clear that right up though. Unfortunately there isn't much objectivity displayed by the people who like to insult every other QB out there to make them feel better about their own. :yes:

matt showed flashes but his problem is inconsistency. Though the only real threats to the Texans in the afc this year are the colts and the broncos. Patriots look vulnerable and I think the bengals are better than the ravens.

Yep. Objectivity and acknowledgement of other guy's strengths will clear that right up though. Unfortunately there isn't much objectivity displayed by the people who like to insult every other QB out there to make them feel better about their own. :yes:

haha they're only objective if they think your guy is better. Doesn't sound very objective to me lol.

matt showed flashes but his problem is inconsistency. Though the only real threats to the Texans in the afc this year are the colts and the broncos. Patriots look vulnerable and I think the bengals are better than the ravens.

The Patriots will be in the thick of it as always. I think the AFC always has something to fear knowing that Tom is in the film room, healthy and ready to go. I too believe the Bengals may be better than the Ravens at this point but I'm still not convinced that they can be a threat in the playoffs.

haha they're only objective if they think your guy is better. Doesn't sound very objective to me lol.

No, they're objective if they can look at other teams and realize that the Colts aren't the only ones who have someone who can make an impact. Someone saying,  " Andy is better than Schaub to this point in my opinion" translates much better than  " Schaub sucks, he's trash and we're going to dominate the division for the next ten years!"  I don't need anyone to like my QB. All I did was put up the numbers. And numbers don't lie.

No, they're objective if they can look at other teams and realize that the Colts aren't the only ones who have someone who can make an impact. Someone saying, " Andy is better than Schaub to this point in my opinion" translates much better than " Schaub sucks, he's trash and we're going to dominate the division for the next ten years!" I don't need anyone to like my QB. All I did was put up the numbers. And numbers don't lie.

As a colts fan, i hope the Texans have schaub

at qb for many years

As a colts fan, i hope the Texans have schaub

at qb for many years

If this past year is indicative of the Andy Luck years, I too hope he is the QB for the Colts for a long time. He's following in PM's playoff shoes.

Some respectful thoughts for QwizBoy.....

I'm not interested in getting into the Schaub debate,  I know you've seen my posts defending him....

But here's what I've noticed....

In the last two days (at least) the number one poster on this website is.......  You.      And that's not my opinion,  that's a cold, hard fact.

This website has a post-counter function....   And not only have you been number one for at least two days that I've noticed,  your numbers are DOUBLE from everyone else here...

Here's a link to the page that's open to everyone:

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats

Now,  you're entitled to post all you want....   but, for what it's worth,  I'm a Colts fan and I'm never comfortable being the number one poster in any given day.  I think it's happened two or three times and I didn't like it at all.     And this is my home website.    But you're a visiting fan and you're number one.   At some point, I think it all becomes more than a bit creepy....

All I'm saying is......   you're not required to respond to every single post written....   pick and choose your spots....    say what you want to say and don't respond to every sentence of every post....   at some point, there's nothing more to be said or gained...    Personally,  I think you passed that point a long, long time ago....

Just something to consider....    You're free to disagree....

Some thoughts for QwizBoy.....

I'm not interested in getting into the Schaub debate,  I know you've seen my posts defending him....

In the last two days the number one poster on this website is.......  You.      And that's not my opinion,  that's a cold, hard fact.

This website has a post-counter function....   And not only have you been number one for at least two days that I've noticed,  your numbers are DOUBLE from everyone else here...

Now,  you're entitled to post all you want....   but, for what it's worth,  I'm a Colts fan and I'm never comfortable being the number one poster in any given day.    And this is my home website.    But you're a visiting fan and you're number one.   At some point, I think it all becomes more than a bit creepy....

Why wouldn't you be comfortable being the number one poster? I have noticed my post count skyrocketing the past couple of days as well, but I think the reason is obvious. When I'm getting attacked by thirteen different posters for defending my QB and I'm constantly responding to everyone, it's no surprise I'm going to be the top poster as long as the senseless arguments continue.

No, they're objective if they can look at other teams and realize that the Colts aren't the only ones who have someone who can make an impact. Someone saying, " Andy is better than Schaub to this point in my opinion" translates much better than " Schaub sucks, he's trash and we're going to dominate the division for the next ten years!" I don't need anyone to like my QB. All I did was put up the numbers. And numbers don't lie.

100% of football fans polled preferred Andrew Luck to Matt Schaub. Though I only polled one guy wearing an Andrew Luck jersey.

Numbers lie plenty haha. Though I suppose that's more of a statistic. But statistics are based on numbers so they go hand in and IMO.

Some people are over eager, and like to dish at rivals. It's the nature of the sport we love lol.

Some respectful thoughts for QwizBoy.....

I'm not interested in getting into the Schaub debate, I know you've seen my posts defending him....

In the last two days (at least) the number one poster on this website is....... You. And that's not my opinion, that's a cold, hard fact.

This website has a post-counter function.... And not only have you been number one for at least two days that I've noticed, your numbers are DOUBLE from everyone else here...

Now, you're entitled to post all you want.... but, for what it's worth, I'm a Colts fan and I'm never comfortable being the number one poster in any given day. I think it's happened two or three times and I didn't like it at all. And this is my home website. But you're a visiting fan and you're number one. At some point, I think it all becomes more than a bit creepy....

All I'm saying is...... you're not required to respond to every single post written.... pick and choose your spots.... say what you want to say and don't respond to every sentence of every post.... at some point, there's nothing more to be said or gained... Personally, I think you passed that point a long, long time ago....

Just something to consider.... You're free to disagree....

that is pretty sad..

100% of football fans polled preferred Andrew Luck to Matt Schaub. Though I only polled one guy wearing an Andrew Luck jersey.

Numbers lie plenty haha. Though I suppose that's more of a statistic. But statistics are based on numbers so they go hand in and IMO.

Some people are over eager, and like to dish at rivals. It's the nature of the sport we love lol.

Yeah, true. I like the razzing but some people don't like getting stung. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen lol.

that is pretty sad..

Well you're aiding in the sadness. I guess xenophobia is kicking in because I post a lot. Since when is it a bad thing to have a high post total during the day? I guess you can twist anything.