Painter shine

Greenoughrunner

Will Painter Shine for once  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will Painter Shine for once

• Yes he will show he has what it takes
    • No, he is never going to change
    • I dont care the sesone is doomed any way

Unless I see what this makeshift O-line can do with a new left guard, on the road, I will rein in my optimism. If it was the same O-line line up as the previous game, I would have said maybe Painter leads 2 or 3 scoring drives. Now, I will take that down to 1 or 2.

I would definitely like him to do well to keep Collins on the bench, just not sure how much better he will do.

Painter will play well... Joe Reitz had light practice on thursday and did not practice on friday guessing thats rest so i dont think he will miss the game but you never know.. if he does i can still see the team being effective on offense... This is off topic but i would love to see more of carter.

Not going to happen Monday or any other game this year.

Oh ye of little faith.

For Painter to "shine", he needs only to out perform Collins. Being that he was thrust into a crap stain of a situation vs Pitt and did, in fact, out perform anything Collins has shown, I think it quite probable that he will indeed shine. This is the first time in his career that it has been all about Painter. The kid actually gets to prepare like a starter. He actually gets to play with Manning's toys.

I think its tragically unfair that people are so quick to wholesale write him off even though he's never been given the same opportunities that were extended to Kerry Collins, a guy that has been a Colt for nary a month to this day.

Oh ye of little faith.

For Painter to "shine", he needs only to out perform Collins. Being that he was thrust into a crap stain of a situation vs Pitt and did, in fact, out perform anything Collins has shown, I think it quite probable that he will indeed shine. This is the first time in his career that it has been all about Painter. The kid actually gets to prepare like a starter. He actually gets to play with Manning's toys.

I think its tragically unfair that people are so quick to wholesale write him off even though he's never been given the same opportunities that were extended to Kerry Collins, a guy that has been a Colt for nary a month to this day.

Plus one on that one there, painter is gonna have a great game.

Plus one on that one there, painter is gonna have a great game.

When I watched the breakdown of Painter's performance last Sunday, I was taken back by his velocity and timing, when considering both his state of unpreparedness and what we've seen from Collins. I can't help but to think that the true tragedy of this season is that we DID NOT go with Painter to start with.

By now, Painter could be firing off with a full control of this team, but no, we spit on him and the now meaningless excrement of a mantra "Next man up".

Signing Collins was a self-inflicted shot to the foot. Nevermind the $2 million we floundered on Collins. We really crapped the bed.

We will lose with Painter....he is not a legit NFL q-back.

Not going to happen Monday or any other game this year.

Wow way to show your team spirit. Its pretty disgusting to be a true colts fan and have to read and listen to the garbage thats rolls out of the mouths of people like this.

Oh ye of little faith.

I will give you a +2 on this one, just to be different.

I have been a Colt fan longer than most of you have been born and I see nothing wrong with saying I don't think Painter is a suitable backup on this team. I hope he proves me wrong, but whenever he fills in things go very wrong.

I am for giving him his chance this year to prove he is a quality QB. If he isn't we need to find someone else. Peyton isn't getting any younger.

Go Colts!!

When I watched the breakdown of Painter's performance last Sunday, I was taken back by his velocity and timing, when considering both his state of unpreparedness and what we've seen from Collins. I can't help but to think that the true tragedy of this season is that we DID NOT go with Painter to start with.

By now, Painter could be firing off with a full control of this team, but no, we spit on him and the now meaningless excrement of a mantra "Next man up".

Signing Collins was a self-inflicted shot to the foot. Nevermind the $2 million we floundered on Collins. We really crapped the bed.

They showed some of that on playbook and Joe actually picked the colts to win.. the colts will definitely be able to move the ball much better.. i think the next three games are great for painter because he wont be facing any defense that does alot of exotic things which will be good for him and his progression.

I totally agree on the part about bringing collins in he was never the solution, but now that painter is in hopefully he goes and takes advantage of that.

I have been a Colt fan longer than most of you have been born and I see nothing wrong with saying I don't think Painter is a suitable backup on this team. I hope he proves me wrong, but whenever he fills in things go very wrong.

I am for giving him his chance this year to prove he is a quality QB. If he isn't we need to find someone else. Peyton isn't getting any younger.

Go Colts!!

Historically speaking, we have a 2% chance of making the playoffs now that we're 0-3. So what would be the point of venturing out and acquiring, acclimating and starting yet another QB?

Pounding Painter through a full season will serve us well next year, as maybe we'll actually have a backup QB with some experience and knowledge of our offense.

Oh ye of little faith.

It's his first start not his first chance to play (my jury is not out). I would love to be wrong but he's in way over his head. People point to his touchdown drive against Pittsburgh BUT look at what happened on the TD play....he runs Joe right into the teeth of a blltz that he should see is coming and is lucky to make the handoff to Joe who makes a superhuman effort to get into the endzone.

It's his first start not his first chance to play (my jury is not out). I would love to be wrong but he's in way over his head. People point to his touchdown drive against Pittsburgh BUT look at what happened on the TD play....he runs Joe right into the teeth of a blltz that he should see is coming and is lucky to make the handoff to Joe who makes a superhuman effort to get into the endzone.

But from every mistake that he's showed on film he learns and will grow. You cannot possibly expect him to have PM vision before his first start.

He has never had the chance to practice or prepare like a starter would. He has never had a full game with the starters. We can't play this game of highlighting mistakes that he's made without putting far more gravity to what he's done well. Even the greats like Manning had atrocious games and egregious mistakes after dozens of starts.

I've seen enough to feel encouraged that, though the playoffs are but a dream, at least some quality Colts football may be coming our way.

Don't make the mistake of isolating mistakes like not audibling out of a bad run call without placing equal or greater importance to what he accomplished.

I can't even think of one play where Collins impressed me. What few successes he had were actually so pedestrian that I can't feel compelled to complement him.

He has never had the chance to practice or prepare like a starter would. He has never had a full game with the starters. We can't play this game of highlighting mistakes that he's made without putting far more gravity to what he's done well. Even the greats like Manning had atrocious games and egregious mistakes after dozens of starts.

I've seen enough to feel encouraged that, though the playoffs are but a dream, at least some quality Colts football may be coming our way.

Don't make the mistake of isolating mistakes like not audibling out of a bad run call without placing equal or greater importance to what he accomplished.

I can't even think of one play where Collins impressed me. What few successes he had were actually so pedestrian that I can't feel compelled to complement him.

The poll is will Painter shine? No he will not but that has nothing to do with how good Collins is or if Painter should start. I don't care if Collins impressed you because Collins might be the worst QB in the leaque but that does not mean Painter will shine. BTW Curtis Painter has accomplished nothing, zero, nada in his NFL career.

The poll is will Painter shine? No he will not but that has nothing to do with how good Collins is or if Painter should start. I don't care if Collins impressed you because Collins might be the worst QB in the leaque but that does not mean Painter will shine. BTW Curtis Painter has accomplished nothing, zero, nada in his NFL career.

"NFL career"?

What career? Sitting behind Manning? Playing a few quarters of preseason games? A regular season game playing with hacks in a Buffalo blizzard?

He hasn't had a career yet, thats the point I'm driving at.

How would you like to get fired on your first day because you weren't performing like your co-workers whom had been there for years?

What frickin "career" are you speaking of?

"NFL career"?

What career? Sitting behind Manning? Playing a few quarters of preseason games? A regular season game playing with hacks in a Buffalo blizzard?

He hasn't had a career yet, thats the point I'm driving at.

How would you like to get fired on your first day because you weren't performing like your co-workers whom had been there for years?

What frickin "career" are you speaking of?

Try to focus...he will not shine tomorrow...we know this because we have seen him play enough over 3 seasons. You can disagree and think he'll do great but stop being an excuse machine.

Try to focus...he will not shine tomorrow...we know this because we have seen him play enough over 3 seasons. You can disagree and think he'll do great but stop being an excuse machine.

"Shining" would be a relative term. Kinda like how crackers don't seem like a good meal unless you're starving. For Painter to "shine", he needs only make this offense function. He doesn't need to play a stunning, mistake free game. "Shining" isn't going to be a 440 yard 4 TD game. He needs to finish drives, he needs to win this game, that would shine.

"Shining" would be a relative term. Kinda like how crackers don't seem like a good meal unless you're starving. For Painter to "shine", he needs only make this offense function. He doesn't need to play a stunning, mistake free game. "Shining" isn't going to be a 440 yard 4 TD game. He needs to finish drives, he needs to win this game, that would shine.

I agree he needs to win, I disagree that he will be able to accomplish getting a win, if he does get a win then I would agree that he did shine and I would be wrong in my opinion on this poll. But, again that will not happen.

I agree he needs to win, I disagree that he will be able to accomplish getting a win, if he does get a win then I would agree that he did shine and I would be wrong in my opinion on this poll. But, again that will not happen.

I fully supported Collins until last week. It was like waking up with a screaming hangover, remembering a hot night with a beautiful woman, rolling over and realizing she looks like she fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I argued with Smitto endlessly about how Painter doesn't offer what Collins can. I was wrong, I have no qualms with admitting that.

Its time for us as fans, to relax, accept and enjoy what we can. I haven't tried to predict the score for tomorrow night. Doing so is too mind numbing. I feel a win coming, and remain hopeful that it can come this week. If it does, if we can win tomorrow night, then getting to .500 is a real possibility. If we can draw even, then its on. We actually have some semblance of post season hopes.

Like many polls, there aren't enough options to select from.

I would have selected "Painter will do OK and the O will be better with him at QB"

He showed signs of decent performance last week - especially given that he hadn't practiced much with the starters lately. With him taking the reps in practice this week, I'm optimistic that he will be decent, not great.

I fully supported Collins until last week. It was like waking up with a screaming hangover, remembering a hot night with a beautiful woman, rolling over and realizing she looks like she fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I argued with Smitto endlessly about how Painter doesn't offer what Collins can. I was wrong, I have no qualms with admitting that.

Its time for us as fans, to relax, accept and enjoy what we can. I haven't tried to predict the score for tomorrow night. Doing so is too mind numbing. I feel a win coming, and remain hopeful that it can come this week. If it does, if we can win tomorrow night, then getting to .500 is a real possibility. If we can draw even, then its on. We actually have some semblance of post season hopes.

You know I agree with you and one other thing. I read all your post because I always know there will be something in the post to make me rotfl. I bet you would be a riot to have a few drinks with. Love your sense of humor. Keep it up makes the board fun. rotfl

I think he will do ok. We will stick with the run but i think our recievers will bemore receptive of him being behind center rather than Collins. I see why the slight chance of optimism is gone in a lot of people, but its stil alive in me. Are we playoff contenders? Probably not. Unless we win the division. But i doubt it. I think we can win games, I think we will suprise one of our heavy hitting opponents. But mostly the team needds fan support. So why dont u try giving a little. Seems to me all u are here to do is contrdict anything anyone has to say

If we adjust the playbook to a two TE set with Tamme and Clark for the 1st half till he builds enough confidence to connect with Collie or Garcon for a big time TD bomb he can come along just right. Yes i can envision this #7 sparking our team into playoff contentiion YEAH!!!!!

Wow way to show your team spirit. Its pretty disgusting to be a true colts fan and have to read and listen to the garbage thats rolls out of the mouths of people like this.

Hey have an issue with the guy who posted the poll because one of the choices is no, Painter doesn't have what it takes. If you can't stand an individual Colt being criticized get off the forum because in my experience even players that have proved they can play and have contributed greatly ( Joe, CJ, Bob) all have been labeled "busts", washed up, inadequate, etc.

BTW I'll be rooting for Painter on every play (I won't be cursing him or complaining no matter how he plays). I don't have to suspend my opinion of his skills (based on his play to date) and say I think he'll shine when I don't believe he will. Regardless of how he plays on MNF if we get the win I'll be back here tomorrow to say I was wrong about him.

I voted for "he's never going to change," but still kind of wish I picked the first one. I don't think he will ever be the answer but it's hard to vote against him. Hopefully the guy plays lights out and beats the Bucs, (I think he can). Reggie is still supporting him like none other and I will myself. He hasn't had a chance to start, and now is the perfect time. I personally don't think Collins would've got that hand off to Addai for a TD, highlights can be seen below. He played pretty well and even though I have said negative things about the guy doesn't mean I'm not rooting for him. Go Painter!!!! Honestly it's tough to dog a person who has never started a game, lets all show him some support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KOHmLppjpE

You can see he's fairly quick, the play where Castanzo got beat wasn't really his fault however if he can better his awareness that would help. That being said, that handoff was EPIC, it was good enough to get the best against T.P....

If the Colts play like they did last week, they can beat the Bucs. Can't wait till game time. Go :coltslogo:

I voted for "he's never going to change," but still kind of wish I picked the first one. I don't think he will ever be the answer but it's hard to vote against him. Hopefully the guy plays lights out and beats the Bucs, (I think he can). Reggie is still supporting him like none other and I will myself. He hasn't had a chance to start, and now is the perfect time. I personally don't think Collins would've got that hand off to Addai for a TD, highlights can be seen below. He played pretty well and even though I have said negative things about the guy doesn't mean I'm not rooting for him. Go Painter!!!! Honestly it's tough to dog a person who has never started a game, lets all show him some support.

If the Colts play like they did last week, they can beat the Bucs. Can't wait till game time. Go :coltslogo:

I know that you can delete your vote. Perhaps you can than recast it if it will make you feel better.

I'm thrilled to read comments like yours nowadays. I have no problems with people doubting Painter, but the hate filled bile that gets spewed at him occasionally is ridiculous. I would hope that all Colts fans will be pulling for him tonight with all the enthusiasm they can muster.

I really hope he shines, but I do not think he will. Sure he looked ok against the Steelers, but their defense prepared for Collins not Painter. The Bucs had an entire week to focus on Painter and get ready for his skill sets. This is his first start, on the road, and against a pretty solid defense. That is asking a lot of a young QB.

If we are going to win tonight it is because the defense and running game shines. All I ask from Painter is not to screw up.