Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we do let DB go and you like Kerwynn Williams, take a look at Dri Archer

chad72

you wanna give the job to a 6th round safety

What round was Bethea drafted in?

bethea is proven. this kid isnt

Sure there are vets that come in now and then, but it is rare that teams get the luxury of knowing they have a proven commodity before they replace. In fact, because of the new CBA, the players are going to come younger and quicker.

Okay, I HATE to be "That Guy" but today I'll have to be since everyone is so high on this kid now

Aside from that mean stiff arm he gave in the 2nd highlight to the Kentucky player, he didn't do anything to impress me afterwards. Sure he's blazing fast. But if you watch this tape it's nothing more than Bad Angles & Horrible Tackling. Which add both of those together and it equals a good highlight tape for Archer who you're not gonna catch in the open field. His speed is really the only thing I'm impressed with. Most of the long runs hehad sshouldn't have happened. Like I said, poor tackling and poor angles made those happen for him

Antoine Bethea isn't going anywhere people, get use to him

Give us some more on this. How many years does he sign for in 2014 ? How much per season ? Thanks in advance...Hopefully not too much as you seem to infer that this a guy that the Colts will keep at any cost.

Give us some more on this. How many years does he sign for in 2014 ? How much per season ? Thanks in advance...Hopefully not too much as you seem to infer that this a guy that the Colts will keep at any cost.

2-3 year deal. Would give you $$$ amount but I suck with math haha

EDIT: Maybe 2-3 year $6 million since he's approaching the wrong side of 30

What round was Bethea drafted in?

Sure there are vets that come in now and then, but it is rare that teams get the luxury of knowing they have a proven commodity before they replace. In fact, because of the new CBA, the players are going to come younger and quicker.

I dont see the harm in giving bethea a 3 year contract. give him like 15-20 mil. If landry and bethea are anything like sanders and bethea, then im not messing this up.

My goodness, he makes fast guys look slow, this is like watching a faster version of T.Y.Hilton but in the form of an RB, Dri Archer, Kent State. I hope Grigson snags this guy next year.

Speed kills, especially with wheels like those!!! :)

Dri Archer accounted for 39.84% of Kent State's total yardage and 45.28% of their touchdowns from from special teams and offense.

As a Ball State fan the minute i clicked on the link i became sadden at my team

It's a moot point. Players get paid to do a job, not suck at it.

well their sucking has an effect on players. pass rush not getting to the qb to a secondary is like qb not getting protection.

hes referring to bethea not brown

Well Bethea cant do Vaughns job, Zbi job and his job all at once, if one of those guys misses there assignment or a tackle they should have made and it forces Bethea to try and make that tackle from the position he was supposed to be in then missed tackles are gonna happen, Im not making excuses for him, He dont need excuses, his numbers speak for themselves last year.......As does Zbi's and Vaughns...One of which is no longer here and the other was brought back for purely depth purposes because he actually saw the field last year (Vaughn of course)...This is put up or shut up time for Vaughn

2-3 year deal. Would give you $$$ amount but I suck with math haha

EDIT: Maybe 2-3 year $6 million since he's approaching the wrong side of 30

IMO , you have his value pegged about right . That's assuming that his play stays about the same in 2013. 

I dont see the harm in giving bethea a 3 year contract. give him like 15-20 mil. If landry and bethea are anything like sanders and bethea, then im not messing this up.

I'm sure that Bethea will not see a contract for 3 years paying him from 5 to 6.7 per year .

Archer's really fun to watch. Unfortunately the last guy who came out that has some NFL experience under his belt like that was McCluster, who hasn't lived up to his 2nd round draft spot yet. Fair to Archer or not, how Tavon Austin performs will probably have a little impact on his own draft stock. Scouts are prone to groupthink more often than they like to admit.

Why not? He's an important part to our defense

1) The pay scale for safeties is lower than that of other position players other than TE. 

2) He was not in anyway special last year in the new defense. Saying that Ziblokski sucked is real not an excuse as some are saying.

3) He's a free safety that doesn't make big plays. He's had 1 interfception in the last 3 yeas. He had 10 the 3 years preceding his 2nd contract. I do realize that he played in the box more the past 2 years but his tackle totals mirror the years where he had 10 ints. So something is missing here. You can't have it both ways.

4) Often how you , I and others view a players "value" can differ from management. Just like all of what I've written is just my opinion with a few facts sprinkled in. No disrespect meant to you , but saying "because he's an important part of our defense" is your opinion and maybe not that of Grigson and Pagano. I don't think a FS with one Int in 3 years is an obvious choice to fall into that category. 

I think he could be resigned but at a much lower price than you suggest. I just don't think he excels in either run defense or pass defense. IMO , he's a nice serviceable player that will finish his 2nd contract next year. Signing a 3rd one for "elite" or at least "near elite" money would be very surprising to me.

But we all have opinions and yours counts too.

Donald Brown fits our new offense more than people really think. You can catch out of the backfield. Since ALuck can move l, he wouldn't be asked to block as much. Who knows though, that's my opinion. Gotta wait until September 8