Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad72 Colts Mock Draft 2014 - first 3 picks

Very very early mock, as everyone obviously knows

Round 1 - Big blocking WR from running offense to suit our west coast style offense, Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers, 6'5", 220, our future #1 wideout

Round 2 - Donald Brown is probably gone, quality back will be there for the taking, Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona, 5'10", 198, a back with rushing and catching capabilities.

Round 3 - A physical CB that will only add talent to our CB corp, Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas, 5'10", 200

Now, I will go run and hide :hide:

I like the Colemen pick but i would still prefer a CB in the 1st round like Aaron Colvin. Luck can make any WR with decent speed look good i.e Avery, but it's hard to get a tall physical CB with playmaking ability in later rounds. We passed on Rhodes for Werner which i agreed with because Rhodes doesn't get many int's and Werner was a better player, but i doubt Grigson would pass up on Colvin if he's on the board in the mid 20's.

^Not a fan of Colvin. Just don't see a first rounder. Purifoy is really my top CB.

Coleman is a Calvin Johnson type.

I like Purifoy as well but his stock will be high like Sharrif Floyd because Florida defense will be top 5 again. I'll be satisfied if we get either Purifoy or Colvin both have great potential. Here's a list of the top 50 players i thought it was accurate for the most part.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/rob-rang/22166940/2014-nfl-draft-early-top-50-draft-board

Carey is a great talent.    Clearly high NFL draft pick quality.

But he's got at least two NFL character Red Flags...   that are public and we know about....

Beat up his girlfriend....    his pregnant girlfriend.   The beat up wasn't terrible,  but she's your pregnant girlfriend....

And, he snuck into an Arizona basketball game and when he couldn't provide tickets for where he and a friend were sitting, he pulled out the old standard....    "Do you know who I am?    I'm an All-American!"     He had to leave anyway.

This one isn't the worst....  but they'll be in his file in case there's more that we don't know, and odds are.....   there is.

I like Purifoy........At Safety.....Or in a Zone scheme better, He is a hitter and big and strong

I like what I see out of Quandre Diggs but haven't seen much at all of him except a highlight reel, He shows to be an agressive physical Corner, Does not look to be the best at jamming the wr but like I said it was a short highlight reel, He does show plenty of speed to stay with his man and keep his head on a swivel to make plays on the ball instead of watching the wr at all times like some Corners do.....which leads to trouble and is huge in separating good to great Corners to below average Corners in my opinion. He has good hands for the interception and loose hips to turn and change direction. I think he has a excellent chance of shooting up draft boards if he stays healthy and shows the same skills he flashed last year

Brandon Coleman, Shows good but not great route running skills, Drops sme balls he should catch, and saw a play I thought he quit on a route because he seem to think he could not get there, he dont look to have elite speed, He dont look to try catch the ball with his body and trap it which is good....Overall I think Brandon Coleman will wind up a day 2 pick unless something unforseen comes up

These are all just my opinions, Im not stating them as facts because everyone sees things a bit different

I am not sure how big of a need corner will be come April. I am a little more optimistic about Toler working out and Davis continuing his strong play. That only means that I would not necessarily look at corner in the first round.

I would look at Louis Nix NT Notre Dame, Stephon Tuitt 3/4 DE Notre Dame, and haha Clinton-Dix S Alabama.

I am not sure how Chapman will look this year. We don't have a true stud on the line at the moment. Also, Bethea is a free agent after the season and Clinton-Dix could be a solid option.

A corner to keep your eyes on for the 2nd or 3rd round is Marcus Roberson from Florida.

I am not sure how big of a need corner will be come April. I am a little more optimistic about Toler working out and Davis continuing his strong play. That only means that I would not necessarily look at corner in the first round.

I would look at Louis Nix NT Notre Dame, Stephon Tuitt 3/4 DE Notre Dame, and haha Clinton-Dix S Alabama.

I am not sure how Chapman will look this year. We don't have a true stud on the line at the moment. Also, Bethea is a free agent after the season and Clinton-Dix could be a solid option.

A corner to keep your eyes on for the 2nd or 3rd round is Marcus Roberson from Florida.

I love how, when you type in this guys name, the haha emoji automatically pops up

1.  Watkins WR #1, Hubbard LB, Van Noy LB

1.  Barr DE, Reynolds S, Mosley LB

2. TRADE

3. TRADE

4.  ?

4.  ? (Conditional for Shipley)

5. TRADE

6.  ?

7.  ?

Sorry....  confused....   where did 2 #1's come from?    You have us trading our 2 and 3 to get another 1?   Is that it?

We didn't get a 4 for Shipley.   Wish we did.   Likely a 7.

Sorry....  confused....   where did 2 #1's come from?    You have us trading our 2 and 3 to get another 1?   Is that it?

We didn't get a 4 for Shipley.   Wish we did.   Likely a 7.

2,3,5 for another 1... That seemed to be the talk of the last mock draft... For Shipley, I thought it was a conditional pick...didn't know what round...but if 7, then 7.  First two picks would still be the same.

Ideally

1. Watkins WR

1. Barr LB

Im not even sure what our current number of draft picks are for next year, Aren't we out 1 or 2 at this point?

I don't think we have any picks at all.

I believe we traded all of them in previous deals that brought us Donald Brown and last year's entire offensive line..........

Personally i'd rather make a play for Sammy Watkins from Clemson. Looks like a faster version of a young Reggie Wayne.

The kid has an outstanding work ethic and he is really a student of the game. He really studies his position and his opponent's. Plus he is very talented. Seems like a Colts kind of guy.