Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sheldon Price

BlueCollarColts

apparently the guy had a really impressive rookie camp:

1. any surprises from the class? Standouts from the try-out group?

Thought Sheldon Price, the CB from UCLA performed really

well today, still early though. Should have a better idea after Sun.

UCLA CB Sheldon Price did a nice job in coverage again, but Sam Houston St. CB Daxton Swanson made the day's best defensive play. #Colts

Anybody think Price can be a solid contributer this year and possibly overtake Cassius Vaughn as the 4th corner, or am I getting ahead of myself?

your getting ahead of yourself. that guy is playing against rookies and try out players. lets wait til he goes up against wayne hilton and DHB

@KBowenColts any surprises from the class? Standouts from the try-out group?

@PhilthysMouth Thought Sheldon Price, the CB from UCLA performed really

UCLA CB Sheldon Price did a nice job in coverage again, but Sam Houston St. CB Daxton Swanson made the day's best defensive play. #Colts

Anybody think Price can be a solid contributer this year and possibly overtake Cassius Vaughn as the 4th corner, or am I getting ahead of myself?

I've already posted this but i do agree that Price will make the team as the 4th CB. His size 6'2 is something we need going up vs the bigger WR's but he's also versatile enough to play in the slot.

your getting ahead of yourself. that guy is playing against rookies and try out players. lets wait til he goes up against wayne hilton and DHB

1. any surprises from the class? Standouts from the try-out group?

Thought Sheldon Price, the CB from UCLA performed really

Not at all don't know if its him or someone else like Swanson but IMO Vaughn doesn't make this team,but from everything ive read on swanson he may be a gem just behind the other stone,and Price has some size wich is a plus,never the less TC and preseason will tell the real story.Competition is good and makes people hungry,cant wait to see the new guys go eat!!!! 

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/6/11/3078141/mini-camp-rules-for-the-broncos-and-the-rest-of-the-league

This was all I could find, I believe it applies to this year as well but it seems to talk about last year, But players are not allowed any contact or allowed to be in pads, But thats different then not allowing wr's and Corners to go 1 on 1 from the sounds of it, Dont ask me how

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/6/11/3078141/mini-camp-rules-for-the-broncos-and-the-rest-of-the-league

This was all I could find, I believe it applies to this year as well but it seems to talk about last year, But players are not allowed any contact or allowed to be in pads, But thats different then not allowing wr's and Corners to go 1 on 1 from the sounds of it, Dont ask me how

Huge difference, but I'm sure you know that. Right now the coaches are just getting a feel for how a player acclimated to what's thrown at them. They can see how a guy moves and what his football speed and quickness look like.

But that's nothing like getting bumped, jammed, or hit when playing WR or DB. It's a lot like flag football right now.

Huge difference, but I'm sure you know that. Right now the coaches are just getting a feel for how a player acclimated to what's thrown at them. They can see how a guy moves and what his football speed and quickness look like.

But that's nothing like getting bumped, jammed, or hit when playing WR or DB. It's a lot like flag football right now.

Ahhhhhhhhh Training Camp here in Anderson is going to be a blast :thmup:  :yahoo:  haha  Cant wait to see what these guys can really do although I have ideas of some of there strengths and weaknesses from tape, Well its a new day now boys lets see what ya got!

To continue that point, I did think Price looked pretty solid.

You would have to think one of those undrafted corners will challenge Vaughn/Gordy/Williams for the final corner spots.

I love what Teddy Williams gave the Colts from a pure speed standpoint and was a solid gunner when called upon.

Whether Price or Swanson or Malone make the roster will first depend on special teams play. They will likely be the fourth corner at best so special teams will be the most important aspect and then the occasional obviously passing down.

I've already posted this but i do agree that Price will make the team as the 4th CB. His size 6'2 is something we need going up vs the bigger WR's but he's also versatile enough to play in the slot.

Why is this always a point?

You've got Andre Johnson who is one of the best WRs in the league.  Do you want to put Vontae Davis on him?  Or do you want to put Sheldon Price on him?

In the NFL, talent outweighs EVERYTHING else.  If we can find our own Richard Sherman, great.  If not, we'll use the same 5-11 corners that every other team in the NFL uses.  Long story short, I'd take a healthy 5-11 Revis over a 6-3 Sherman.

Lastly, I strongly doubt Price ever sees the field for anything other than injury replacement.  It ain't as if we're going to bring the guy in to cover taller receivers, which is essentially what you are eluding to.

With the way our CBs have had injuries in the past few years, including last year, it may not be a bad thing to have 6 CBs and 5 safeties. Besides, those DBs come handy for ST too.

8 DL, 7 LBs, 6 CBs, 5 safeties is what I think we will end up with for 26 on D

3 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 TEs, 5 WRs, 8 OLs is what I think we will end up with for 24 on O (the X factor is if a 6th WR impresses more than a 4th TE, then it will be 6 WRs, 3 TEs but with Pep's system, I lean towards a 4th TE)

Then you have the LS, P, and K for ST

But who knows, Chandler Harnish may be on PS and cut after pre-season???

Why is this always a point?

You've got Andre Johnson who is one of the best WRs in the league.  Do you want to put Vontae Davis on him?  Or do you want to put Sheldon Price on him?

In the NFL, talent outweighs EVERYTHING else.  If we can find our own Richard Sherman, great.  If not, we'll use the same 5-11 corners that every other team in the NFL uses.  Long story short, I'd take a healthy 5-11 Revis over a 6-3 Sherman.

Lastly, I strongly doubt Price ever sees the field for anything other than injury replacement.  It ain't as if we're going to bring the guy in to cover taller receivers, which is essentially what you are eluding to.

Obviously Davis will be put on Andre Johnson because he's our best CB but his strength and physicality makes up for his height.  Injuries are apart of the game if Drew Bledsoe didn't get injured we would have never known about Tom Brady. Toler has been injury prone and Davis missed a few games as well. If one of those guys gets hurt again Price will see the field over Vaughn because Vaughn is a slot CB, Price size allows him to play on the outside but he's also quick enough to play in the slot vs smaller WR's. Also i would rather have a 6'3 Sherman before a healthy 5-11 Revis he's more versatile and makes more plays on the ball.

With the way our CBs have had injuries in the past few years, including last year, it may not be a bad thing to have 6 CBs and 5 safeties. Besides, those DBs come handy for ST too.

8 DL, 7 LBs, 6 CBs, 5 safeties is what I think we will end up with for 26 on D

3 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 TEs, 5 WRs, 8 OLs is what I think we will end up with for 24 on O (the X factor is if a 6th WR impresses more than a 4th TE, then it will be 6 WRs, 3 TEs but with Pep's system, I lean towards a 4th TE)

Then you have the LS, P, and K for ST

But who knows, Chandler Harnish may be on PS and cut after pre-season???

Why would we need to carry 3 QBs? Harnish will never see the field unless disaster strikes. I agree with your numbers other than that, assuming our 4th RB is the FB.

When they select 45 for game time, the 3rd QB is a free bee. So if that's your logic, it makes sense. But I'd rather have other options.

Why would we need to carry 3 QBs? Harnish will never see the field unless disaster strikes. I agree with your numbers other than that, assuming our 4th RB is the FB.

When they select 45 for game time, the 3rd QB is a free bee. So if that's your logic, it makes sense. But I'd rather have other options.

Yeah, I agree. After typing 3 QBs, it got me thinking as well as to why we need a 3rd QB. Harnish is, in all likelihood, cut and brought back to the PS, IMO, that is why I placed that line at the bottom hinting Harnish will be cut.

Thus, it probably will be 4 TEs and 6 WRs with 2 QBs, 4 RBs (1 FB), and 8 OLs unless we want to play russian roulette on the OL side and have 9 OLs.

Obviously Davis will be put on Andre Johnson because he's our best CB but his strength and physicality makes up for his height.  Injuries are apart of the game if Drew Bledsoe didn't get injured we would have never known about Tom Brady. Toler has been injury prone and Davis missed a few games as well. If one of those guys gets hurt again Price will see the field over Vaughn because Vaughn is a slot CB, Price size allows him to play on the outside but he's also quick enough to play in the slot vs smaller WR's. Also i would rather have a 6'3 Sherman before a healthy 5-11 Revis he's more versatile and makes more plays on the ball.

I get where you're coming from, but we can't put Price in any of those categories. His height isn't going to win him a roster spot.

I'm not as down on Vaughn as most people. He has experience in our system and is a decent dime. Lets not forget how Tim Jennings was our favorite whipping boy a couple years ago.

I get where you're coming from, but we can't put Price in any of those categories. His height isn't going to win him a roster spot.

I'm not as down on Vaughn as most people. He has experience in our system and is a decent dime. Lets not forget how Tim Jennings was our favorite whipping boy a couple years ago.

It's not just Price height of why i think he'll make the team but he excels in press coverage, something Vaughn isn't good at. I don't recall Jennings being as bad as Vaughn  we just couldn't resign him given our cap sitiuation in 2010. Vaughn maybe a  dime CB but if Toler or Davis gets hurt he can't play on the outside Price can which is why i think he'll be cut. This is how i think the CB depth chart will look week 1.

1.Davis

2.Toler

3.Butler

4.Price

5.Gordy

6.Swanson