Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

khaled holmes

COLTSBRO

:sigh: Apparently you read everything but what was key for you to read. Okay, relax for a minute then read my post.......

A few days ago, one of our fantastic members posted a Tweet from Vick Ballard (Our lovable RB).

In that tweet, he stated that he will be comfortable this year because we're running a ZONE blocking scheme.

Hope this clears that up for you :D

:sigh: Apparently you read everything but what was key for you to read. Okay, relax for a minute then read my post.......

A few days ago, one of our fantastic members posted a Tweet from Vick Ballard (Our lovable RB).

In that tweet, he stated that he will be comfortable this year because we're running a ZONE blocking scheme.

Hope this clears that up for you :D

To be clear, he said that we were running a man-blocking scheme with a little zone peppered in. Not a pure ZBS. Mostly a MBS.

Just to clear it up. He had a pulled pec when he benched the 225 for 17. Also, I think it's more about the between the ears for a center verse brute strength and size. That's why Saturday was so awesome for us. He was to small, to all that negative stuff but we saw how that turned out. Also, with two good guards beside him the center wouldn't look so bad, including satele.

Just to clear it up. He had a pulled pec when he benched the 225 for 17. Also, I think it's more about the between the ears for a center verse brute strength and size. That's why Saturday was so awesome for us. He was to small, to all that negative stuff but we saw how that turned out. Also, with two good guards beside him the center wouldn't look so bad, including satele.

very true

People need to stop knocking this pick. Holmes played injured all year long. Hes tough, hes a fighter, very intelligent, very driven, very athletic. Hes only going to get bigger and stronger....and he will. Hes big enough at 305. He will be 315 or 320 within a year.

Relax, we have some good O-linemen now!

He is very smart.  None of the schemes are going to be too complex for him.  He will call out all the blocking assignments.  He will add about 10 lbs. to his frame.  He will get healthy, and he will be the starting center for this team by mid-season.  He just has to get healthy.  He played on a high ankle sprain last year, which is crazy to do, but he did it, knowing he wouldn't look so good sometimes. 

He is very smart.  None of the schemes are going to be too complex for him.  He will call out all the blocking assignments.  He will add about 10 lbs. to his frame.  He will get healthy, and he will be the starting center for this team by mid-season.  He just has to get healthy.  He played on a high ankle sprain last year, which is crazy to do, but he did it, knowing he wouldn't look so good sometimes. 

I had a high ankle sprain that took over a year to heal. It hurt like heck to walk on it, let alone apply leverage.

People need to stop knocking this pick. Holmes played injured all year long. Hes tough, hes a fighter, very intelligent, very driven, very athletic. Hes only going to get bigger and stronger....and he will. Hes big enough at 305. He will be 315 or 320 within a year.

Relax, we have some good O-linemen now!

People knocked every pick we took this year. I've gotten use to it now honestly & this is my first draft on here as a member

So he was hurt at the combine?  Did not know that.  I was wondering where all this talk about his lack of strength came from.  Ah.....I don't know about Satele though.  I think you'd need to put him between Larry Allen and Steve Hutchinson in their primes to make a difference!  ;)

I see Holmes in one of the guard spots.

I watched him in the 2011 game against Utah and Star Lotulelei. What a battle between the offensive and defensive lines, it looked like a medieval war. I was impressed with the determination of the USC offensive line to run the ball even if they only managed small gains, with Holmes leading the way.