Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst pick of the 1st round?

Dustin

Well worst pick? Mingo for the Browns just didn't seem like a good match. Long and Travis at least fill a need for Bears and Cowboys.

Mingo is a terrific match for the Browns for the 3-4 they are planning to run with Ray Horton. Did you watch Ray Horton coach the Arizona Cardinals 3-4 last year? If you did, you will know that it is a terrific fit for their pass rush and value was close to where he was slotted to be picked.

Long and Travis are panicky need picks for the Bears and Cowboys, no matter which way we slice and dice it. They would have still had Terron Armstead in round 2, if they wanted to pick him up.

Or, they could have gone Ogletree/Te'O in round 1 followed by Armstead too. But they reached for Long and reached for Bostic, so both reaches were need reaches once they realized OLs and MLBs were going off the board, IMO.

Tyler Eifert...SMH def not worth that pick...if ytou want him trade down and he will still be there.

Nah, some thought he would be taken higher. I think it was a good move by the Bengals, everyone thought they were taking a RB.

Nah, some thought he would be taken higher. I think it was a good move by the Bengals, everyone thought they were taking a RB.

Really I read a couple of mock drafts having him go late 1st  but even then...with who was left on the board I doube they were running for a TE...unless the Cowboys jumped up and grabbed him. Also Manuel was a reach too they def could have waited on him. 

Really I read a couple of mock drafts having him go late 1st  but even then...with who was left on the board I doube they were running for a TE...unless the Cowboys jumped up and grabbed him. Also Manuel was a reach too they def could have waited on him. 

Falcons, Cowboys, and Ravens could have been interested in him as well, I think. I could imagine a few teams trading up for him too. I agree that Manuel was a reach, guy was projected as maybe a second-rounder. One of the bigger shocks of the first round.

Tyler Eifert...SMH def not worth that pick...if ytou want him trade down and he will still be there.

You sure about that? Might want to take a look at the last week and a half to two weeks cause his stock was picking up steam and fast. He was already a fringe first rounder before his stock picked up.

Falcons, Cowboys, and Ravens could have been interested in him as well, I think. I could imagine a few teams trading up for him too. I agree that Manuel was a reach, guy was projected as maybe a second-rounder. One of the bigger shocks of the first round.

I just think he would've dropped cause nobody was really in need of an 1st rd TE cause teams had other glaring needs. 

You sure about that? Might want to take a look at the last week and a half to two weeks cause his stock was picking up steam and fast. He was already a fringe first rounder before his stock picked up.

Geno Smith was also predicted to go in first rd...same with Nassib. Neither of them went first, honestly it just has a reach feel to it. I will need to see some more tape of Eifert but he just doesn't seem like a 1st rder to me.

The Bears drafted a guy who wont start for them, anbd they passed on 2 guys who would have.

If that's okay with them, then they have no problems.

But Eifert was available among others

The Bears are NOT a playoff team.

They have an aging defense and a suspect QB and O-line..

The Bears recent draft record speaks for itself.

.......how many games did Kyle Long start in college...

The worst pick was Sharrif Floyd. People are going crazy for a 3rd-4th round DT that the media told them was the next Warren Sapp or Geno Atkins.

I should note that, although I've mentioned that sentiment on different posts, it's nothing against Floyd himself. Every year a few guys get overblown by the media, and then the fans just hitch on to the hype train.