Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrann Mathieu admits to failing 10+ drugs tests at LSU.

Wow...I didn't know this. I only thought it was 1 or 2 for marijuana which a good % of the NFL players smoke anyways..lol...But 10, with all he had to lose..I wanted him, but I think this changed my mind. That just shows either immense stupidity or he just doesn't care..I can imagine what he does when he gets paid. Dallas or Oakland can have him, this changed my mind for good.

Some of us called this months ago...   if you're getting kicked off an SEC team like LSU for marijuana use,  there's ALWAYS much more to this story than meets the eye....    much more.

You think this is all to the story?     Not me. 

Mathieu's quote when asked how many drug tests he failed was this....

"I don't know,  I quit counting at 10....."

Here's the NFL Network's version of the story....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159370/article/tyrann-mathieu-reportedly-failed-10plus-drug-tests

Mathieu is now on a tour of 10 teams to talk to them face to face....   and get his story out there as best he can....

A hyper-link inside the main story gives the teams he's visiting.   The Colts are NOT one of them.

Wow! What an * and what exactly are they doing at LSU if a kid can fail that many drug tests before being suspended?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22058200/report-tyrann-mathieu-admits-to-failing-more-than-10-drug-tests

You have to ask how can this ever happen! isn't this the NCAA oh lol the AA stands for double standards for some schools

That's absurd. Maybe why he elected to stay at LSU, out of fear of that coming out. I think that is neglegent by LSU for several reasons. First, they clearly see he's a troubled youth and failed to react accordingly. More importantly, that sets a VERY dangerous precedent. I graduated from the University of Illinois and know several students, non-athletes, dismissed from the university for a first infraction with drugs. The most lenient got away with a year of probation, mandated drug testing by the university, and expulsion upon a second infraction. 10 FAILED TESTS is simply an egregious oversight by the university.

That's absurd. Maybe why he elected to stay at LSU, out of fear of that coming out. I think that is neglegent by LSU for several reasons. First, they clearly see he's a troubled youth and failed to react accordingly. More importantly, that sets a VERY dangerous precedent. I graduated from the University of Illinois and know several students, non-athletes, dismissed from the university for a first infraction with drugs. The most lenient got away with a year of probation, mandated drug testing by the university, and expulsion upon a second infraction. 10 FAILED TESTS is simply an egregious oversight by the university.

several things, why would he elect to stay at in school for fear of it coming out and then put it out there himself just days before the draft? Also Is it negligent of them to keep a playmaker? Cause you better believe thats why they kept him as long as they did. Whos to say the LSU coaching staff reported it to the higher ups at LSU? you know that there are all kinds of students doing this kinda stuff (and much worse) heck even adults well past there college years are doing it, Now none of what I say is to excuse Mathieu or anyone else for that matter for doing it, he made his bed and he will suffer some for it no doubt when draft day comes around but a simple ultimatum would work wonders in the NFL, get help or your gone and everything that comes with being an NFL player will be to, Now he admitted to failing numerous drug tests which to me is a sign of maturity, admitting your mistakes is not easy especially when drugs are involved, To me its not such a big deal, young and stupid I think but that dont make him a bad person, I wouldn't touch him at all but thats more because he is at best a Nickel Corner at least for the forseeable future and at best I think a FS, I'll bring up someone similar in stature, Janoris Jenkins.........Mathieu is like Jenkins........without the elite cover skills

And perhaps without the 10+ failed drug tests.       Notice I used the word 'perhaps' regarding the drug tests...

We know he failed some...   how many we don't know.

I was actually more concerned about Jenkins multiple baby mamas. It's like winning the lottery and flushing half the winnings down the toilet.

I was actually more concerned about Jenkins multiple baby mamas. It's like winning the lottery and flushing half the winnings down the toilet.

Seems to be doing alright now though, we are well into the offseason and haven't heard of any issues he has had, I just chalk it up to young and dumb until proven differently (such as it becomes a common accurance)

agreed

WOW....I will not and cannot condone this guy's actions...no matter what skill he has...Sorry guys....this Honey B has been on my list before now.  If he beats us with his talent without drugs.  I will salute him.  I did not want Jenkins...NO WAY Honey Druggie!

Hey....  me too!    I'm with you....   a real shame....  if he had his head even half-way straight,  he would've been a heckuva 2nd round pick for the Colts.    But, too much baggage.

Fleener had better step-up his game this year!

WOW....I will not and cannot condone this guy's actions...no matter what skill he has...Sorry guys....this Honey B has been on my list before now. If he beats us with his talent without drugs. I will salute him. I did not want Jenkins...NO WAY Honey Druggie!

Jesus. It's pot. The point is he knew he needed to pass drug tests and didn't care.

Pick a reason for us NOT drafting him....pot use, multiple repeat offenses....knowing he needed to clean it up and didn't.

Whatever.

I'll be astonished if Grigson drafts him regardless of the round.

With ya on that one my Friend,Id be astonished as well because it will never happen

several things, why would he elect to stay at in school for fear of it coming out and then put it out there himself just days before the draft? Also Is it negligent of them to keep a playmaker? Cause you better believe thats why they kept him as long as they did. Whos to say the LSU coaching staff reported it to the higher ups at LSU? you know that there are all kinds of students doing this kinda stuff (and much worse) heck even adults well past there college years are doing it, Now none of what I say is to excuse Mathieu or anyone else for that matter for doing it, he made his bed and he will suffer some for it no doubt when draft day comes around but a simple ultimatum would work wonders in the NFL, get help or your gone and everything that comes with being an NFL player will be to, Now he admitted to failing numerous drug tests which to me is a sign of maturity, admitting your mistakes is not easy especially when drugs are involved, To me its not such a big deal, young and stupid I think but that dont make him a bad person, I wouldn't touch him at all but thats more because he is at best a Nickel Corner at least for the forseeable future and at best I think a FS, I'll bring up someone similar in stature, Janoris Jenkins.........Mathieu is like Jenkins........without the elite cover skills

I understand and appreciate your desire to play devil's advocate; however, I'm simply suggesting that as an educator, which I am and which all collegiate coaches are supposed to be, there is an expectation that you do all you can for your students. This includes reporting such incidents, which there seem to be plenty of, so as to best benefit the student. Maybe the coaches tried and were silenced by the administration, which is possible. I simply suggest that the signs were clearly there and yet nothing of significance was done. He may be a playmaker, but that does not negate the onus that an educator of any capacity has upon those in one's charge.

I understand and appreciate your desire to play devil's advocate; however, I'm simply suggesting that as an educator, which I am and which all collegiate coaches are supposed to be, there is an expectation that you do all you can for your students. This includes reporting such incidents, which there seem to be plenty of, so as to best benefit the student. Maybe the coaches tried and were silenced by the administration, which is possible. I simply suggest that the signs were clearly there and yet nothing of significance was done. He may be a playmaker, but that does not negate the onus that an educator of any capacity has upon those in one's charge.

Well said, and like I said I dont condone anything he has done I was just simply pointing out that at least 1 person (Les Miles) and likely more knew about his drug issues and it took Mathieu failing multiple tests to be kicked off the team, I personally dont think the admin silenced Miles, I have nothing to base that on except that I would hope the admin put the integrity of the school before some star football player smokin a little (alot) of grass....Then again hoping dont really do all that much without action

Regardless of it just being "pot", the point is he kept doing it over and over, remember he said he stopped counting at 10 failed tests, he had to fail several if not many more. It says much more about his intelligence or lack thereof, I should say. He's a dumbo and we do not need him here. Once this doofus gets cash money in his pocket, I could easily see him falling back into dumb habits. Hopefully he don't, but I bet the Colts will never have to worry about it.

It's pretty funny. It's not like pot is addictive, because it isn't, it was Mathieu decision each time. He walked a tight rope and fell each time.

He fell so many times he couldn't get back up...

Too bad, would have been a first rounder had he laid off it for 5 months.

THIS....     

How many chances does a child need before they finally realize....        things are serious?

TM is a talent....   I would NOT touch him with a 10' pole.        EVER.

Kid is just a little ..  kid.    No accountability.

Regardless of it just being "pot", the point is he kept doing it over and over, remember he said he stopped counting at 10 failed tests, he had to fail several if not many more. It says much more about his intelligence or lack thereof, I should say. He's a dumbo and we do not need him here. Once this doofus gets cash money in his pocket, I could easily see him falling back into dumb habits. Hopefully he don't, but I bet the Colts will never have to worry about it.

SEC....

Need we say more?