Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kaepernick or RG111?

jshipp23

If you had to pick 1 to start for your team who would it be and why??? I would go with Kaepernick because he has a missile for an arm and is almost as dynamic running the ball, but the deciding factor would be that he is much stronger and will hold up and have a longer career...RG111 is too slight and will continue to get hurt and struggle to finish seasons while Kaepernick is Jacked and stronger than most linebackers and is still accurate and actually made more big time runs than RG111.

Neither I myself do not see either 1 staying healthy for more than 5 years.Just my opinion but I strongly believe both will put themselves out of football way earlier than the career expectancy of franchise QBs today.We all have our opinions and I knew RG3 was going to get hurt before the draft and miss games and it happened.They both are going to have to be more selfish with their bodies IMO.

Well, I just have to say that there isn't a QB in the league that I would rather start my franchise with other than Luck. However, if my only 2 choices were one of these guys, I would go with Kaepernick. He's bigger, stronger, just as athletic, and IMO throws a better pass than Griffin. 

Neither I myself do not see either 1 staying healthy for more than 5 years.Just my opinion but I strongly believe both will put themselves out of football way earlier than the career expectancy of franchise QBs today.We all have our opinions and I knew RG3 was going to get hurt before the draft and miss games and it happened.They both are going to have to be more selfish with their bodies IMO.

I thought the same of RG111, and if you make him a pocket passer it defeats the point, you got to let him run and live with it if he gets hurt and he most likely will. Kaepernick is just a freak though, I've never seen anyone possess the skill set he does at his size so I think he'll be able to hold up much better than RG111...The only question I have on Kap is the mental part of his game, but the fact he doesn't overthink and keeps it simple could be a good thing.

Well, I just have to say that there isn't a QB in the league that I would rather start my franchise with other than Luck. However, if my only 2 choices were one of these guys, I would go with Kaepernick. He's bigger, stronger, just as athletic, and IMO throws a better pass than Griffin. 

I wouldn't trade Luck for any other QB period, but if I had to it would be Kaepernick...

Kaepernick over RG3. I am not really impressed with either.

Kaepernick did well behind a good team that was doing fine with Alex Smith. He is bigger but slower than RG3. 

RG3 is someone that I don't see consistently playing every game for 10 years. He has more talent than Kaepernick but I just don't see him lasting very long.

I was worried about RG3's health before we drafted Luck over him.  I will never forget the hit he took at the goal line in the Alamo Bowl.  He looked like a prize fighter who was just given a standing 8 count.  I was at an impasse at that point because of my love for Peyton, and Andrew for some reason seemed cocky at the time to me....little did I know.  The next day I picked up the phone and called my forum buddy and said we would be taking Luck...RG3 would get rocked.

I did not care for Kaepernick at all until I saw just how accurate that 'pitcher's arm' is....boy can throw 97 on radar.

I too would say neither at this point, but I would choose Kaep over Griffin due to injuries only.

I also continue to feel the Zone Read/Pistol (all my other names for these Read offenses)will be figured out.  I hope these two, and Mr. Wilson can stay healthy....love to watch them all play...good for the NFL!!! :pass:  :pass:  :pass:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :nfl:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

With his arm and accuracy and ability to stand in the pocket and take a hit, Kap doesn't necessarily have to run a read option. Griffin does though, if he tries to become a pocket passer he will get blindsided and hurt and if he runs the read option he will get rocked and get hurt...You just have to turn him loose and hope he doesn't get hurt like the Falcons did Vick..He can still take you to the promised land if he stays healthy, but odds are he'll be hurt more seasons than not...

RG3 has 1 weakness that I've seen. Durability

He's better than Luck, Kap or Wilson in every category.

You can spin it how you want, but it's the truth.

Lets see

RG3 throws 67% completion

Doesn't turn the ball over (5 picks & 2 fumbles)

Is Clutch (specially in Prime Time Games)

102+ passer rating

Took the Redskins crappy offense for as long as i remember, to the 4th best scoring offense in the league at 27.6 pts per game.

Only behind the Patriots, Broncos & Saints.

Pretty good company he's in, I'd say.

lol yea..

Give me Luck or Kap

RG3 has 1 weakness that I've seen. Durability

He's better than Luck, Kap or Wilson in every category.

You can spin it how you want, but it's the truth.

Lets see

RG3 throws 67% completion

Doesn't turn the ball over (5 picks & 2 fumbles)

Is Clutch (specially in Prime Time Games)

102+ passer rating

Took the Redskins crappy offense for as long as i remember, to the 4th best scoring offense in the league at 27.6 pts per game.

Only behind the Patriots, Broncos & Saints.

Pretty good company he's in, I'd say.

lol yea..

Give me Luck or Kap

Meh, it's not worth it

RG without question. Kaep was getting figured out late in the season against the Falcons and Ravens. RG is way more polished, more cerebral, makes better decisions and is more lethal with his feet. I think Kaep was the most overrated story of the NFL season to be honest. Smith was doing just fine with that loaded team and got them most of their wins. Kaep got to take over the best team in the league. RG got the dsyfunction that is the Redskins and won the division.

RG without question. Kaep was getting figured out late in the season against the Falcons and Ravens. RG is way more polished, more cerebral, makes better decisions and is more lethal with his feet. I think Kaep was the most overrated story of the NFL season to be honest. Smith was doing just fine with that loaded team and got them most of their wins. Kaep got to take over the best team in the league. RG got the dsyfunction that is the Redskins and won the division.

More cerebral? How so?

He wasn't getting figured out at all. He put up a 76.5% completion percentage vs the Falcons and led a comeback to lead his team to the Super Bowl and was 6 yards and some bad play calls away from winning the Super Bowl and leading the greatest SB comeback ever. 

Also RG3 and Kaep both ran for basically the same YPC, but Kaep only had 2 less TDs in 7 less starts and averaged more rushing yards per game. Not to mention that he actually slides and goes out of bounds instead of leaving himself vulnerable to hits like Griffin does.

Not sure where your getting the cerebral part from.

Thank you and well said.

Kap has like 9 games under his belt now.  Lets see what he does with a full season under his belt before claiming he's the greatest. lol

Same with Kolb, same with Flynn, etc.

Heck, at least RG3, Luck & Wilson earned their stripes.

Not to mention kap, even got to sit a year under Smith and learn.

NFL Football has a 16 game season.

Not 9

:lol:

I know it's hard to believe, but Colin Kaepernick was a rookie in 2011, not 2012 like many would make you presume by bunching him in with all the rookies of last yr when discussing the 2012 rookie class.

And yes, sitting a yr does help.

Lets see what he does, with a full 16 game sled a head of him.

That would be wise...Just saying.

I know it's hard to believe, but Colin Kaepernick was a rookie in 2011, not 2012 like many would make you presume by bunching him in with all the rookies of last yr when discussing the 2012 rookie class.

And yes, sitting a yr does help.

Lets see what he does, with a full 16 game sled a head of him.

That would be wise...Just saying.

With 12 games he went to a Super Bowl and set the all time single game rushing record by a QB. He was 6 yards shy of leading the greatest Super Bowl comeback of all time. 

I really don't know.  If it weren't for being worried about RG3's injuries, I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Kaep played well, but as others have said, he was on a 49ers team that was doing quite well with Smith.  

I think, even with the possibility of being hurt a lot, I'd still take RG3 in this discussion.

He wasn't getting figured out at all. He put up a 76.5% completion percentage vs the Falcons and led a comeback to lead his team to the Super Bowl and was 6 yards and some bad play calls away from winning the Super Bowl and leading the greatest SB comeback ever. 

Also RG3 and Kaep both ran for basically the same YPC, but Kaep only had 2 less TDs in 7 less starts and averaged more rushing yards per game. Not to mention that he actually slides and goes out of bounds instead of leaving himself vulnerable to hits like Griffin does.

Not sure where your getting the cerebral part from.

He was getting blanked by the Falcons until Ryan started turning the ball over to let him back in. I thought he looked terrible in the Falcons game an even worse in the SB. If the lights didn't go out he was on his way to one of the worst beat downs in SB history. He did lead a nice comeback but looked terrible on all four plays inside the red zone.

RG is just a smarter and more instinctive QB. He reads defenses better. And like I said, he was not on the best team in the league who had half of their wins given to him by the starter who was pulled because of a concussion.

With 12 games he went to a Super Bowl and set the all time single game rushing record by a QB. He was 6 yards shy of leading the greatest Super Bowl comeback of all time. 

lol. Against your packers which is like playing a JV defense. Had Rg gotten them instead of the seahawks. He would have done the same maybe even more.

He was getting blanked by the Falcons until Ryan started turning the ball over to let him back in. I thought he looked terrible in the Falcons game an even worse in the SB. If the lights didn't go out he was on his way to one of the worst beat downs in SB history. He did lead a nice comeback but looked terrible on all four plays inside the red zone.

RG is just a smarter and more instinctive QB. He reads defenses better. And like I said, he was not on the best team in the league who had half of their wins given to him by the starter who was pulled because of a concussion.

I think I'm still missing your argument. No matter what you saw in the Falcons game he played fantastic. He only threw 7 incomplete passes and put up a 100+ rating. He was getting thrashed in the super bowl, but there's 4 quarters of football and he absolutely killed it after half-time. 

Again, I'm not sure what you're basing RG3 being smarter or reading defenses better from.

lol. Against your packers which is like playing a JV defense. Had Rg gotten them instead of the seahawks. He would have done the same maybe even more.

My Packers? Ok.

Maybe RG3 would have done the same thing to them but we aren't basing things off of hypotheticals now are we? He also threw for over 260 yards and scored 4 TDs. 

And the Packers defense wasn't that bad, it was the 17th ranked run D. 

My Packers? Ok.

Maybe RG3 would have done the same thing to them but we aren't basing things off of hypotheticals now are we? He also threw for over 260 yards and scored 4 TDs. 

And the Packers defense wasn't that bad, it was the 17th ranked run D. 

Packers D was awful, especially late in the season.

I wasn't impressed with the Comeback, what-so-ever.

When your team is getting hammered and all of a sudden, there's an hour stoppage of play because of lights.

it completely changes the whole momentum of the game.

The 49ers had around 10-11 minutes of the 3rd and all of the 4th, after that Light fiasco.

Not saying he isn't good or won't be geat.

But lets see the dude play 16 games, before crowning him.

When your team is getting hammered and all of a sudden, there's an hour stoppage of play because of lights.

The 49ers had around 10-11 minutes of the 3rd and all of the 4th, after that Light fiasco.

I'm not crowining him anything. He'd be 2nd on my list of QBs I'd take after Luck, but I'm not calling him elite or anything. I can't fault the guy for playing fantastic in a good situation. 

Well said. Need to see him play a full season. RG hands down right now.

IMO, Last season was very strange.  I almost just throw it by the wayside.

You had RG3 getting hurt and probably hammers Seattle, if he doesn't get injured in Ravens game. (which affected him going in to Seattle game & then he tore his ACL)

You had Seattle being giftwrapped a win VS Green Bay by the replacement refs.

Which by the way, was a total mess all yr. Those replaccement refs.

You had bountygate, which definitely affected the Saints season.

Just lots of crazy stuff, that had some role in how the season turned out.

Hopefully we get a normal season & see how these teams and QB's do for a full season and with normal refs.

Hopefully they all stay healthy as well.

sigh...guy missed two games.

Yea, RG3 started 15 games last yr in the regular season.

But he got knocked out of the falcons game late in the game.

Then got hurt in the ravens game in 4th qtr.

Then missed the start VS Browns

Then tore ACL late in Seattle game.

Rg3 needs to stay healthy and get down.

Specially if he wants to play 16 games.

I agree Luck all the way and Kap is better then RG3 like I've said many times RG3 is more of a system QB he only had his stats cause the red skins wouldn't let him do very much luck was running the offense day one

I agree Luck all the way and Kap is better then RG3 like I've said many times RG3 is more of a system QB he only had his stats cause the red skins wouldn't let him do very much luck was running the offense day one

One could argue that 12 only had the stats/yds because of the offense Arians had him running too. A QB just does what his OC asks of him, it's not his fault. Especially if said QB does very well.

IMO, Last season was very strange.  I almost just throw it by the wayside.

You had RG3 getting hurt and probably hammers Seattle, if he doesn't get injured in Ravens game. (which affected him going in to Seattle game & then he tore his ACL)

You had Seattle being giftwrapped a win VS Green Bay by the replacement refs.

Which by the way, was a total mess all yr. Those replaccement refs.

You had bountygate, which definitely affected the Saints season.

Just lots of crazy stuff, that had some role in how the season turned out.

Hopefully we get a normal season & see how these teams and QB's do for a full season and with normal refs.

Hopefully they all stay healthy as well.

A normal season? Now what fun would that be. haha I would agree that we could certainly do without the dramatic injuries though...