Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rolando McClain

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

I don't think that's completely true. He a 3/4 ilb trying to play the 4/3 for the raiders. Dude was an absolute beast for bama. Once again not his fault the raiders are a tick poor run organization. He is a square peg trying to be jammed in a round hole. Now he might be a complete *. Hard to say, I feel like when people go to the raiders they need to be this bad boy rebels or something. If the Colts are serious about stopping the run he could be another one of those game changer types. 6'4 260

Go to any of the articles about him being waived and read the comments from Raiders fans. This is a team desperate for talent and you'll be hard pressed to find a single good comment from a Raider fan about his play on the field. We do not need to add bad locker room headache's on this team, he got into it with his head coach and was suspended. Not to mention his off the field issue's where he stuck a gun next to a mans head and fired off a round. He is a complete  m-o-r-o-n. His play does not even come close to justifying overlooking his stupidity. If he was bad at coverage playing MLBer in a 4-3, he would be worse playing OLBer in a 3-4. I don't buy all the nonsense about a change of scenery either. You are who you are and geographical location isn't going to change that.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is simply amazing to me that anybody would want us to bring this clown in. It would be different looking past the fact that he's dumb as a rock if he had any talent, but he's terrible and has been terrible his entire time in Oakland. Fans just want to bring in players for the sake of adding a new face to the roster.  :facepalm:

It is simply amazing to me that anybody would want us to bring this clown in. It would be different looking past the fact that he's dumb as a rock if he had any talent, but he's terrible and has been terrible his entire time in Oakland. Fans just want to bring in players for the sake of adding a new face to the roster.  :facepalm:

Beginning to think you don`t research before you speak. You missed his year 2 apparently. He was Simply, HIGHLY Productive.

And you Confirm he was dumb at Alabama and was terrible. ??? 

Beginning to think you don`t research before you speak. You missed his year 2 apparently. He was Simply, HIGHLY Productive.

And you Confirm he was dumb at Alabama and was terrible. ??? 

His stats are nothing to write home about and I'm beginning to think that I'm one of the few that actually do any research at all before I type something. I don't just regurgitate nonsense that other posters have posted before. If my comments are different than the majority it's because I actually looked into it before I just blindly repeated the same thing as others have said before. McClain has simply been terrible in coverage since he came into the league. Yes, His 2nd yr. was the best of his short career, but that isn't saying much considering how bad he's been. Despite his terrible play, even if he had hope, his production doesn't outweigh his bad attitude and stupidity. If Oakland thought there was any chance this guy was worth keeping they would have approached him to restructure his contract...they didn't. His agent tried to find a trade and nobody bit. Nobody will claim him! For a 23 yr. old LBer that was a former top 10 pick, and nobody wants him for even only 4 million this yr.. If he had the talent, teams would be jumping all over themselves trying to get him. So you can say I don't research all you want, but I can guarantee I put more thought into my posts than most here do. I don't simply want to bring in guy's for the sake of adding a new face to the roster and pretend that the player is all of a sudden going to see the light and become great for us. 

Go to any of the articles about him being waived and read the comments from Raiders fans. This is a team desperate for talent and you'll be hard pressed to find a single good comment from a Raider fan about his play on the field. We do not need to add bad locker room headache's on this team, he got into it with his head coach and was suspended. Not to mention his off the field issue's where he stuck a gun next to a mans head and fired off a round. He is a complete m-o-r-o-n. His play does not even come close to justifying overlooking his stupidity. If he was bad at coverage playing MLBer in a 4-3, he would be worse playing OLBer in a 3-4. I don't buy all the nonsense about a change of scenery either. You are who you are and geographical location isn't going to change that.

OLB'er?? He's a 3-4 ILB'er playing MLB in a 4-3. If put back into that role here next to Freeman he would excel greatly. He wouldn't be put into coverage as much as he is in Oak.

Go to any of the articles about him being waived and read the comments from Raiders fans. This is a team desperate for talent and you'll be hard pressed to find a single good comment from a Raider fan about his play on the field. We do not need to add bad locker room headache's on this team, he got into it with his head coach and was suspended. Not to mention his off the field issue's where he stuck a gun next to a mans head and fired off a round. He is a complete m-o-r-o-n. His play does not even come close to justifying overlooking his stupidity. If he was bad at coverage playing MLBer in a 4-3, he would be worse playing OLBer in a 3-4. I don't buy all the nonsense about a change of scenery either. You are who you are and geographical location isn't going to change that.

he would actually be ilb that's what he played in college

OLB'er?? He's a 3-4 ILB'er playing MLB in a 4-3. If put back into that role here next to Freeman he would excel greatly. He wouldn't be put into coverage as much as he is in Oak.

I was responding to the other poster that said he would play OLBer for us.

You might want to go reread that because "OLB" was never mentioned..

My mistake, I thought it said 3/4 OLBer. Regardless the difference between a 4-3 MLBer and a 3-4 ILBer is minimal and if he was such a great talent then he shouldn't have had such disappointing seasons. I think people are trying to fool theirselves into believing that he can come here and be a difference maker so they are coming up with anything they can find to convince theirselves of it.

My mistake, I thought it said 3/4 OLBer. Regardless the difference between a 4-3 MLBer and a 3-4 ILBer is minimal and if he was such a great talent then he shouldn't have had such disappointing seasons. I think people are trying to fool theirselves into believing that he can come here and be a difference maker so they are coming up with anything they can find to convince theirselves of it.

Actually the difference is more because as MLB he's been asked to play more in coverage, which yes is a weakness of his, but when it comes to tackling and shedding blockers and focusing primarily on stopping the run he is very good. He would be an upgrade over Conner with his run defense and tackling.

The question is if Mclain were to clear waivers, does Pagano possess a large enough personality to "cure" him of his knuckleheaded behavior, like BB in NE. NE gets these headcases and turns lots of them into good players Corey Dillion, Randy Moss, etc..but you have your Chad Johnsons, and Albet Haynesworths. If the Colts think that through the strength of there head coach and locker room you could bring the best out of Mclain then take a chance on him, but if headaches far outweigh the production then let him slide on by.

By the way this is the second post this week that I have used the Patriots as a positive example, I feel ashamed.

The question is if Mclain were to clear waivers, does Pagano possess a large enough personality to "cure" him of his knuckleheaded behavior, like BB in NE. NE gets these headcases and turns lots of them into good players Corey Dillion, Randy Moss, etc..but you have your Chad Johnsons, and Albet Haynesworths. If the Colts think that through the strength of there head coach and locker room you could bring the best out of Mclain then take a chance on him, but if headaches far outweigh the production then let him slide on by.

By the way this is the second post this week that I have used the Patriots as a positive example, I feel ashamed.

Don't feel bad, I did the same on this same topic a couple weeks ago. I firmly believe that the Colts and Patriots are the VERY few than can turn "headcases" back to normal per se. Also, I just believe Oak is about as cancerous of a place as there is. I don't remember McClain ever having problems at Bama, but he's not the only one to go to Oak and all of a sudden be an "issue".

His stats are nothing to write home about and I'm beginning to think that I'm one of the few that actually do any research at all before I type something. I don't just regurgitate nonsense that other posters have posted before. If my comments are different than the majority it's because I actually looked into it before I just blindly repeated the same thing as others have said before. McClain has simply been terrible in coverage since he came into the league. Yes, His 2nd yr. was the best of his short career, but that isn't saying much considering how bad he's been. Despite his terrible play, even if he had hope, his production doesn't outweigh his bad attitude and stupidity. If Oakland thought there was any chance this guy was worth keeping they would have approached him to restructure his contract...they didn't. His agent tried to find a trade and nobody bit. Nobody will claim him! For a 23 yr. old LBer that was a former top 10 pick, and nobody wants him for even only 4 million this yr.. If he had the talent, teams would be jumping all over themselves trying to get him. So you can say I don't research all you want, but I can guarantee I put more thought into my posts than most here do. I don't simply want to bring in guy's for the sake of adding a new face to the roster and pretend that the player is all of a sudden going to see the light and become great for us. 

IMO, I had considered your posts thoughtful. So in your studies he is not a 3 down back at the age of 23.

And yes Anyone who reads at all about him gets he has been a punk.

Of course Oakland is clearing out past, over priced troubles for a fresh start. Sort of a STANDARD in the NFL with New Coaches.

$4M is BIG, ask Dozens of vet FA looking for work this period.

Just for the sake of adding a new face, Pretend, become great.   These are All comments that are not In Touch.

We don`t have a Stout 3-4 run stuffing ILB tackling machine. Angerer is small, can`t shed blocks well, and its embarrassing to watch him chase receivers, could this guy be worse in coverage??

Experience, a new place and new faces, Good Leadership & Coaching often makes a difference in how a person functions going forward.

Maybe he could become a very solid 2 down player. THAT might be a Great addition.

I never spent a minute considering some lost soul from Oakland before he was released. But reading the DHB story detailing the dysfunctional last few years at Oakland, AUTOMATICALLY made me interested in who this kid is. No sweat either way, just have to consider his long history and potential as a person/player going forward.  Moss sure did a flip after leaving Oakland for N.E. There will be others.

Don't feel bad, I did the same on this same topic a couple weeks ago. I firmly believe that the Colts and Patriots are the VERY few than can turn "headcases" back to normal per se. Also, I just believe Oak is about as cancerous of a place as there is. I don't remember McClain ever having problems at Bama, but he's not the only one to go to Oak and all of a sudden be an "issue".

Types of moves like these can help you progress your team at a faster rate, or maintain a current level of productivity. This is all hypothetical, but if Mclain were to come here and live up to his draft billing, it would be like getting a free top ten pick. Granted the money has to be right, but if he is seen as a stigma then the pricetag might be low. I don't care one way or the other, but if it would happen I would be optimistic.

IMO, I had considered your posts thoughtful. So in your studies he is not a 3 down back at the age of 23.

And yes Anyone who reads at all about him gets he has been a punk.

Of course Oakland is clearing out past, over priced troubles for a fresh start. Sort of a STANDARD in the NFL with New Coaches.

$4M is BIG, ask Dozens of vet FA looking for work this period.

Just for the sake of adding a new face, Pretend, become great.   These are All comments that are not In Touch.

We don`t have a Stout 3-4 run stuffing ILB tackling machine. Angerer is small, can`t shed blocks well, and its embarrassing to watch him chase receivers, could this guy be worse in coverage??

Experience, a new place and new faces, Good Leadership & Coaching often makes a difference in how a person functions going forward.

Maybe he could become a very solid 2 down player. THAT might be a Great addition.

I never spent a minute considering some lost soul from Oakland before he was released. But reading the DHB story detailing the dysfunctional last few years at Oakland, AUTOMATICALLY made me interested in who this kid is. No sweat either way, just have to consider his long history and potential as a person/player going forward.  Moss sure did a flip after leaving Oakland for N.E. There will be others.

My biggest concern with him is his propensity to do stupid things. IMO the last thing we need in our locker room is a knucklehead that thinks he's above the law or the team. I have no doubt that he could at least be part of a rotation here at ILBer but I don't see him as a big upgrade to who we have. I guess it all boils down to whether Pagano would want to deal with somebody like him and if he thinks he can straighten him out, then I guess I wouldn't be opposed to it. Like I said though, I don't think he's better than who we have right now. If he did end up here(which I still highly doubt), I would root for him to get himself on the straight and narrow and quit being an imbecile. 

Judging by his awesome arrest photo, he already likes to wear Colts blue. 

Seriously though, I'm not sure entirely what to think of McClain. He was a bust in Oakland for sure, but it wouldn't hurt for our team to kick the tires a little bit to try and determine why. What % of that came from lack of NFL ability, making boneheaded decisions off the field, and being part of a screwy organization? If McClain checks out, then I wouldn't mind signing him. If not, best of luck to him in the future.

Lawrence Taylor, Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders,Bill Romanowski would all been considered locker room cancers and untouchable by the old Colts...Hopefully this new G.M. isn't scared to roll the dice on certain players, and McClain is a great talent and is the prototypical blitzing , run-stopping ILB for our scheme, 6-4, 260. Freeman is pretty good at coverage and would handle that...Corey Dillon and Randy Moss helped the Pats out...Even Pac Man Jones has turned out to be a good player for the Bengals...

Judging by his awesome arrest photo, he already likes to wear Colts blue. 

Seriously though, I'm not sure entirely what to think of McClain. He was a bust in Oakland for sure, but it wouldn't hurt for our team to kick the tires a little bit to try and determine why. What % of that came from lack of NFL ability, making boneheaded decisions off the field, and being part of a screwy organization? If McClain checks out, then I wouldn't mind signing him. If not, best of luck to him in the future.

Hi everyone!  My name is Rolando McClain.  I want to play for the Indianapolis Colts.  This is a picture of one of my proudest days....see my happy smile when arrested by the police?  I think I look good in both stripes and Colts blue.

I am good in coverage when my handcuffs are off, and I stuff the run on the way to the cafeteria at the jail.  I am 23, was a number 8 draft pick, and I will make you proud.  I promise to call my probation officer timely.  I know that since I played for a quality organization like the Raiders....y'all will welcome me with open arms....open minds, and open cells.  Suddenly yours...

Lefty McClain.

PS...below is the number I would like on my jersey.

rolando-mcclain-arrest-pic_original_crop

convict.png

Thats Funny. Chuckle.

A kid that could have used more time in college before he was handed millions and sent to Oakland.

The odds he becomes a Colt seems small. I just like the idea of that size and physical skill where we don`t have Anything Close.

I look forward to Angerer off this team and on a 4-3 defense ASAP!

Thats Funny. Chuckle.

A kid that could have used more time in college before he was handed millions and sent to Oakland.

The odds he becomes a Colt seems small. I just like the idea of that size and physical skill where we don`t have Anything Close.

I look forward to Angerer off this team and on a 4-3 defense ASAP!

Right there with you. I'm not going to judge a kid for making mistakes. I have made tons and tons of mistakes and paid the price when I was younger. Took awhile but I turned out alright. The raiders have zero stability. I don't remember him being a problem at bama. Square peg round hole. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him. Potential is off the charts. I think a team like the colts, patriots, packers all would be good for him. Close but teams with strong coaching.

Right there with you. I'm not going to judge a kid for making mistakes. I have made tons and tons of mistakes and paid the price when I was younger. Took awhile but I turned out alright. The raiders have zero stability. I don't remember him being a problem at bama. Square peg round hole. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him. Potential is off the charts. I think a team like the colts, patriots, packers all would be good for him. Close but teams with strong coaching.

I won't either....You cannot judge an inmate or a tiger by his stripes.  Noe revised...Rolando is doing community work... :funny:

You can tell he has changed...just add Santa and Ronald.....and of curse Grimace.

ku-large.jpg

I won't either....You cannot judge an inmate or a tiger by his stripes. Noe revised...Rolando is doing community work... :funny:

You can tell he has changed...just add Santa and Ronald.....and of curse Grimace.

ku-large.jpg

I don't care about people having run ins with the law. Tim Allen anyone? Yeah served 3 years for drug dealing. Can go on for hours. I know cause when I was younger I didn't have that roll model or person to help me stay on the right path either. I did some time myself. Been out and good for 18 years. Been running my own business for last 7. I might be the minority but it does happen.

Why we would even remotely consider this is beyond me. Oh, that's why we won't......

I appreciate bad guys can turn out ok (good story NewEra, well done btw), but why take the risk.....and he was let go by the Raiders. Nuff said.

Yeah if he's a problem. The self entitled dips are the ones who irk me I wouldn't touch him. But I'm sure if they think the talents there they may kick the tires. I don't think the ilbers we do have are a big problem. Are the Patrick Willis? No, but not many are.

I don't care about people having run ins with the law. Tim Allen anyone? Yeah served 3 years for drug dealing. Can go on for hours. I know cause when I was younger I didn't have that roll model or person to help me stay on the right path either. I did some time myself. Been out and good for 18 years. Been running my own business for last 7. I might be the minority but it does happen.

I do care....on my team.  I have never been a saint and never will.  The Bengals were a prime example of a team with stripes....and it hurt the franchise as well as the players.  One has left the world....If I own this team...GM this team....I do everything in my ability to run a class organization.

I respect you New Era and you know that.  I just cannot allow distractions in building this monster. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

I do care....on my team. I have never been a saint and never will. The Bengals were a prime example of a team with stripes....and it hurt the franchise as well as the players. One has left the world....If I own this team...GM this team....I do everything in my ability to run a class organization.

I respect you New Era and you know that. I just cannot allow distractions in building this monster. :coltslogo::coltslogo::coltslogo:

My thing is we all know how grigs contracts are they are good for us so if we could give him a 1 year test contract to see wat happens if it don't work then ok we let him go for nothing if he changes and enjoys winning and playing with a good team then we hit the jackpot it's really not as big a risk as everyone is making it out to be i mean come on we're the colts not the raiders we can handle our players Pagano is a very respectable guy I'm sure he can handle him and bring out the best

My thing is we all know how grigs contracts are they are good for us so if we could give him a 1 year test contract to see wat happens if it don't work then ok we let him go for nothing if he changes and enjoys winning and playing with a good team then we hit the jackpot it's really not as big a risk as everyone is making it out to be i mean come on we're the colts not the raiders we can handle our players Pagano is a very respectable guy I'm sure he can handle him and bring out the best

Agreed.  I will not change my philosophy....We have a draft ahead....bring a young man in who wants to be a part of a classsy organization. Give me a Jamie Collins or a Damontre Moore...let Pagano give a good kid a fresh start.

I will say one thing.  If Grigson signs him, I will be the FIRST to back him.  I will also be the the first to fry him!  

I still say go to the draft BPA....as we know the Pacers still cannot fill the house after 2 or three years of Tinsleys, Stephen Jacksons and whatever World Peace....AKA Ron Artest....we can add more to that....

Agreed. I will not change my philosophy....We have a draft ahead....bring a young man in who wants to be a part of a classsy organization. Give me a Jamie Collins or a Damontre Moore...let Pagano give a good kid a fresh start.

I will say one thing. If Grigson signs him, I will be the FIRST to back him. I will also be the the first to fry him!

I still say go to the draft BPA....as we know the Pacers still cannot fill the house after 2 or three years of Tinsleys, Stephen Jacksons and whatever World Peace....AKA Ron Artest....we can add more to that....

haha but the colts are different then the pacers I just think if we grabbed McClain then we could grab another position in the draft ppl prolly don't agree with me lol but I just think on the colts he would go back to how he played at Bama

Some of you are so judgemental man. Okay, dude's had a past history of criminal activity. People can change. All of it depends on what team you land on. If he came here, I'm sure he'd get his life together.

Personally, I don't think we need him but if Grigson feels like he can bring some competition here, then go for it. But writing him off completely just cause of his past activity is just wrong

I do care....on my team.  I have never been a saint and never will.  The Bengals were a prime example of a team with stripes....and it hurt the franchise as well as the players.  One has left the world....If I own this team...GM this team....I do everything in my ability to run a class organization.

I respect you New Era and you know that.  I just cannot allow distractions in building this monster. :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

I respect that and I know what you mean. Pacman jones was another dip, haven't heard anything from him since joining the bengals actually. I think it was more of a poorly ran team and not holding players accountable. Im all about giving so much help if youre not willing to help yourself.

Im with you in the bringing him in boat also. If they bring him in then it shows that a. he has the talent. b.that he is willing and wanting to make it right and make it in the NFL. If they bring him in, cool. think he could be a beast. If not, no harm at all. We use what we have our draft for the future.

If the Colts were to aquire Mclain then you could cross Teo off the list as a potential draft pick. Plus during games after a huge hit or play by Mclain you could say yippy ki yay ************!

Yeah...... I'm not even gonna ask what got filtered by the "*"

Some of you are so judgemental man. Okay, dude's had a past history of criminal activity. People can change. All of it depends on what team you land on. If he came here, I'm sure he'd get his life together.

Personally, I don't think we need him but if Grigson feels like he can bring some competition here, then go for it. But writing him off completely just cause of his past activity is just wrong

This from someone who does not want "brick hands" DHB?   Whatever!   haha  haha  haha

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong if an organization writes someone off due to past activity.....

Watch what you do on FB and all social networks......real jobs for young folks today depend on actions 'you do not do.'  Every business looks into this...and this is a game with big bucks. (NFL)  The unemployment line depends on what we do and do not do.....

In other words.....watch your back....and stay out of trouble...