Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Kraft: "I don't answer to Tom Brady,"

Fx Stryker

True feelings always come out. Premeditated or by accident doesn't matter.

I don't get what you're driving at here. Yes, Kraft is the owner, hence he is in charge. I'm not sure Tom Brady or anyone else would argue that point.

Are you hoping for (or perhaps reaching for) some sign of a crack in the dynamic of the Patriots' hierarchy?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get what you're driving at here. Yes, Kraft is the owner, hence he is in charge. I'm not sure Tom Brady or anyone else would argue that point.

Are you hoping for (or perhaps reaching for) some sign of a crack in the dynamic of the Patriots' hierarchy?

No, I just posted the article. Then commented on how he said his comments on the whim as if he didn't mean them.

No, I just posted the article. Then commented on how he said his comments on the whim as if he didn't mean them.

I didn't say he didn't mean them.

I said that I think Kraft is going out of his way as part of damage control from the Welker defection. The Brady comment was in response to a reporter's question.

Patriots owner claims offering receiver Wes Welker "a better deal"

Read more:Patriots owner claims offering receiver Wes Welker "a better deal" - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22818491/patriots-owner-claims-offering-receiver-wes-welker-better#ixzz2O1H9Kfkj

Cant find where I read it But Welkers agent responded no way, it was take it or leave it , no room to negotiate and even after Broncos made offfer Welker asked again toi have Pats match it and again was told we gave u an offer and that it, no negotiations

Welker admits there were incentives but said to get them would have been extremely hard and not realistic based on milestones required of him

Of course, if Robert Kraft was to play hard ball with Wes Welker during contract negotiations, he could have taken on a "Dirty Harry" alter ego persona. "Do I feel lucky? Well, do Ya Punk?  haha  Just Kidding!!!

clint-eastwood-dirty-harry.jpg

In relation to the Welker story. Kraft believe Wes and his agent overvalued the player.

Brady was later brought up, and Kraft said he was never angry or demanded to keep Welker. He then added, "I don't answer to Tom Brady."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151607/article/robert-kraft-wes-welkers-agent-overvalued-client

Kraft spoke out on the Welker situation as a means of PR/damage control. AM is spot on with this.

Mike Reiss, formerly of the Globe and now with ESPN Boston, tweeted that since he's covered the team going back to 1997, neither Kraft nor anyone in the organization has spoken about any contracts with this level of detail.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/313729995711344640

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss

Been covering Patriots since 1997 and have never heard team provide so much detail on contract situation.

I think Kraft wants Patriots fans who may be angry with the team to know that from his perspective, what they offered him was fair, and that the perception that it was "only" a $2M difference wasn't entirely accurate.

Reiss knows his stuff and is rarely off-base with his reporting and observations. I don't think it's any coincidence that Bob Kraft was willing to discuss in pretty granular detail a contract he offered to a player who is currently not on his team.

Just my two cents.

And the "I don't answer to Tom Brady" line was probably much more spontaneous and not premeditated.

Again, I ask how many players retire with their first team? Very few and most don't because they want more money elsewhere. What you failt to recognize is that the Pats franchised Welker at 9.5 mil last year which was 3.5 mil more than his market value. So in reality their 2 year contract was above the Broncs when you factor that in. As I have said before, it was clear that Welker wanted to go. To leave over 2 mil tells you that. Remember too that the Pats had incentives where he could have earned up to $16mil so in the end it was his choice. The Pats nailed the market for him plain and simple. It was a fair offer and only the Broncs came to the table with basically a similar offer. I highly doubt anyone in the Pats locker room was effected just as I don't think anyone in the locker room was really effected by Brady's deal either. Every player knows it is up to them to maximize their value when they can. Just as they know every signle org with half a brain pays for future performance not past and knows when to cut a guy when his best years are behind him. 

In terms of Talib. He is in his prime. His best years are still ahead of him. To get him on a one year 5 mil deal was brilliant. A win/win as if he plays well than the Pats as a team benefit and then he can command a multi deal next year when there will be more money in FA. Right now the secondary is the main area of concern not WR. I mean they have Amendola, Endelman and Hernandez to replace Welkers receptions. I'll take that any day.

Last year is ancient history & has no bearing on this calendar year at all IMO. How many players get to retire with their 1st team? Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, John Elway...I can keep going...I thought Robert Kraft's statement on the Wes Welker situation was a horrible PR move. Owners sign checks & operate behind closed doors. You never discuss company business outside the franchise complex ever...Did Welker's agent miscalculate the situation? It's possible...Securing Talib's services was a smart move. I welcome that. 

Yes, players get let go every off season. I know that. I don't buy Kraft's "convenient" statement at all. If he wanted Welker in house, he'd be in Foxboro believe me. You reward guys that deliver for your franchise year in year out. You don't cut them lose. I have always believed that. 

Last year is ancient history & has no bearing on this calendar year at all IMO. How many players get to retire with their 1st team? Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, John Elway...I can keep going...I thought Robert Kraft's statement on the Wes Welker situation was a horrible PR move. Owners sign checks & operate behind closed doors. You never discuss company business outside the franchise complex ever...Did Welker's agent miscalculate the situation? It's possible...Securing Talib's services was a smart move. I welcome that. 

Yes, players get let go every off season. I know that. I don't buy Kraft's "convenient" statement at all. If he wanted Welker in house, he'd be in Foxboro believe me. You reward guys that deliver for your franchise year in year out. You don't cut them lose. I have always believed that. 

Now notice that all the players you named were franchise QB's. They by far tend to finish their careers because it is so hard to find an adequate replacement. I mean the Dolphins are still searching for the next Marino as were the Broncos searching for the next Elway until they got Peyton. The Bills, ah the poor Bills. The reason why Brady just got a three year extension to play until his 40 is because the Pats believe even a declining Brady is better than an unknown at the most important position. Believe me franchise QBs are not kept out of sentimentality but because they give their teams the best chance to win.

In fairness to Kraft there was such a media back lash, he felt it was necessary to clarify exactly what the Pats offered. In the end he is the owner and ticket sales matter and happy season ticket season holders matter even more so I am sure he was advised by Stacey James to get out in front of this. Now whether to believe him is another issue altogether. I truly believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. The Pats did offer Welker a fair market contract that he did in fact turn down and seek other offers.

You don't want to consider the franchise tag but I can assure you the Pats do and did. Every org looks at what they have paid a player when the next contract comes up. The facts are these, the Pats offered Welker a two year $16 mil contract last year which he turned down forcing them to franchise him. As a result he is now making 4 mil less. Blame his agent all you want but in the end he said no to the Pats who were offering him an above market deal LAST year. Then they ended up paying him 9.5 mil so yes that does factor in especially with a player who is 32 years old.

The Patriots felt like they have and were rewarding Welker with the deal they offered last year and he turned them down. Now when the market has dropped, after paying him 9.5 mil last year, they offered what was market value. He said no for 2 mil more. Good for him. But this in no way suggests the Pats did not want him not when you factor in all the deals they offered him dating back to last off-season and the fact that he was among the 5 highest paid at his position in 2012.

This is what is called PR control. Kraft is making sure everyone knows that they offered a fair market deal that Wes turned down. I think most fans can't accept the fact that Wes didn't want to come back. I mean isn't that obvious? He signed for 2mil more. That's it. Lost in all this is the fact that the Pats got Talib on a one year 5mil deal which was the more important signing IMO. Now they can hopefully get a solid year out of him and then look to sign him long term. I truly believe that if Brady said anything in the meeting about his contract to Kraft, it was improve our secondary.

Talib was quite important, , As Long as the 2 TE's stay healthy Welker can be let go , not   desired but can be if that was a decision , no matter how small the $ value of the contract difference, Pats really only called upon him when iinjury issues   plagued the 2 TE's & floyd / lyod  sorry confused didnt prove value and wasnt edleman hurt too

a younger Admendola is britle but if called on less and , relying on the 2 TE's mainly his services wont be needed much, if he can play a year healthy, he may have a future at slot, thats why longer contract, based on poptential value down the line , but still wasnt that the same $  yearly that welker wanted

so could of afforded him if really deemed him needed at his age , everone has to make a choice whats best for onself & family as a player, and Owner as a team

Slightly different topic of discussion here. Eliminating the "Tuck Rule." My position remains firm. The zebras made a bad call, but Brady kept his composure & won the game. Nice work Tom.  :thmup:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9055716

True but what a momentum changer,  Oakalnd if u ask Broncos Fox were probably in shock over the final, call and couldnt play

( LOL )

Now notice that all the players you named were franchise QB's. They by far tend to finish their careers because it is so hard to find an adequate replacement. I mean the Dolphins are still searching for the next Marino as were the Broncos searching for the next Elway until they got Peyton. The Bills, ah the poor Bills. The reason why Brady just got a three year extension to play until his 40 is because the Pats believe even a declining Brady is better than an unknown at the most important position. Believe me franchise QBs are not kept out of sentimentality but because they give their teams the best chance to win.

In fairness to Kraft there was such a media back lash, he felt it was necessary to clarify exactly what the Pats offered. In the end he is the owner and ticket sales matter and happy season ticket season holders matter even more so I am sure he was advised by Stacey James to get out in front of this. Now whether to believe him is another issue altogether. I truly believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. The Pats did offer Welker a fair market contract that he did in fact turn down and seek other offers.

You don't want to consider the franchise tag but I can assure you the Pats do and did. Every org looks at what they have paid a player when the next contract comes up. The facts are these, the Pats offered Welker a two year $16 mil contract last year which he turned down forcing them to franchise him. As a result he is now making 4 mil less. Blame his agent all you want but in the end he said no to the Pats who were offering him an above market deal LAST year. Then they ended up paying him 9.5 mil so yes that does factor in especially with a player who is 32 years old.

The Patriots felt like they have and were rewarding Welker with the deal they offered last year and he turned them down. Now when the market has dropped, after paying him 9.5 mil last year, they offered what was market value. He said no for 2 mil more. Good for him. But this in no way suggests the Pats did not want him not when you factor in all the deals they offered him dating back to last off-season and the fact that he was among the 5 highest paid at his position in 2012.

I like you amfootball & I'm not trying to be contentious & argumentative with you here at all. I just have a different slant on the Welker situation. I understand that salary cap room matters & the Pats have so much money they will offer you & you are welcome to walk out the door if you feel short changed or insulted. I also know that GMs pay for current production not previous milestones. But, it's not as if there has been a huge drop off in Welker's on field production. When Gronk got hurt, all of a sudden Welker was an asset again. Hmmm...

I don't consume myself with contracts, numbers, & decimal points, even though I know that they are vital pieces necessary for a fiscally strong front office franchise. I primarily focus on public relations & locker room chemistry. Letting Welker go can crack an organization's foundation if you are not careful. Yes, there is the "Patriot Way" no 1 person is more important than the entire team. Except that the money the QB typically gets flies directly in the face of that notion now doesn't it? 

"How many players get to retire with their 1st team?" "Now notice that all the players you named were franchise QB's." You didn't clarify any specific positions...

Look, when a guy is dependable & reliable every year. I take care of him. Welker was an integral part of making Kraft money with SB appearances in 2007 & 2012 not to mention ticket & jersey sales too. Don't forget that. Regarding Kraft's loyalty to shareholders, there are more effective ways of communicating what they offered Welker besides issuing a public statement with a reporter. Again, this falls under company business & equals complete media silence IMO. 

5 years ago you would not have heard a peep out of R Kraft...     

Brady is at that age where ...........      well we and Peyton know?

I am personally looking forward to the day when NE is irrelevant again.    They  happened onto a 6th round miracle and all of a sudden the franchise is the model?

Parcells.....      hands off to BB who needed......        Brady...      =         Wins....     

Oh well.....        better them than us..

He doesn't. He's the owner and can say/do what he wants"

True but what a momentum changer,  Oakalnd if u ask Broncos Fox were probably in shock over the final, call and couldnt play

( LOL )

Good point Barry! I remember watching that play unfold & it took forever to make a decision. Once they did, everybody was still trying to process what happened & the Raiders seemed understandably distracted & unfocused. Yes, Brady executed well & he deserves credit for that, but remember its easy to maintain focus when a call benefits your squad too. When you get slighted by an unorthodox call, you can't always just forget it & play ball either on the Raiders side.

( LOL )

They should do a Coors light "Tuck Rule" TV Commercial with a dual response from both Coach Belichick & Gruden when the Playoffs roll around this year...That would be hilarious! 

JonGrudenChucky_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=4

130102_bill_belichick.jpg

5 years ago you would not have heard a peep out of R Kraft...     

Brady is at that age where ...........      well we and Peyton know?

I am personally looking forward to the day when NE is irrelevant again.    They  happened onto a 6th round miracle and all of a sudden the franchise is the model?

Parcells.....      hands off to BB who needed......        Brady...      =         Wins....     

Oh well.....        better them than us..

Look at the owners that used to be hands off, that are now big talkers. First you had Jones with Aikman, then Irsay with Manning, and now Kraft with Brady. All of these owners have benefited from highly skilled quarterbacks, but their egos start to question the GM's, and the quarterbacks that got them there. If Kraft starts tweeting like Irsay, we're all in trouble !

Irsay and his tweeting is nothing short of embarrassing...   It really is. 

Indy's owner is the only one who acts like this....      like a 14 year old schoolgirl getting a brand new Lap.... 

Look at the owners that used to be hands off, that are now big talkers. First you had Jones with Aikman, then Irsay with Manning, and now Kraft with Brady. All of these owners have benefited from highly skilled quarterbacks, but their egos start to question the GM's, and the quarterbacks that got them there. If Kraft starts tweeting like Irsay, we're all in trouble !

They should do a Coors light "Tuck Rule" TV Commercial with a dual response from both Coach Belichick & Gruden when the Playoffs roll around this year...That would be hilarious! 

Since the 2014 SB will be played in NY/NJ this year, a snowy football Coors beer commercial about the "Tuck Rule" fumble seems like perfect timing to me... :lol:  :funny:

Catchy slogan tagline: "Keep a refreshing Coors Light Tucked safely away in a secure spot. Don't Fumble our great thirst quenching beverage." 

bill-belichick-john-gruden.jpg

BradyTuck_display_image.jpg?1288902349

Irsay and his tweeting is nothing short of embarrassing...   It really is. 

Indy's owner is the only one who acts like this....      like a 14 year old schoolgirl getting a brand new Lap.... 

I don't get it either. The best bet, specially with free agency, is keeping things close to the vest within the organization. Maybe he wants to get the fans excited, but there are better forums for this.

Okay, enough "Tuck Rule" jokes. I respect that Patriots & if I wanted too, I could make the joke that Rex Grossman was the MVP of SB 41 in 2006 since Rex's pathetic QB play secured a ring for Peyton Manning. Fair is fair. I can dish it & take it too.  :thmup:

Just don't claim Peyton is dome soft since both Chicago & Indy dealt with equal rain elements. The conditions were even on both lines of scrimmage. Thank you. 

Brady is still an elite QB & Kraft is still a Great owner. But, you do pose an intriguing question The Old Crow: If the Pats had won either the 2007 or 2012 SB & Welker had still chosen to sign with the Broncos in Free Agency, would the business savvy Robert Kraft said anything about the Welker departure? Highly doubtful. 2004 is a long SB victory drought...NE will be back though...They are just too darn good. They are a rival, but they are well respected & esteemed NFL rival to me. 

Brady is still an elite QB & Kraft is still a Great owner. But, you do pose an intriguing question The Old Crow: If the Pats had won either the 2007 or 2012 SB & Welker had still chosen to sign with the Broncos in Free Agency, would the business savvy Robert Kraft said anything about the Welker departure? Highly doubtful. 2004 is a long SB victory drought...NE will be back though...They are just too darn good. They are a rival, but they are well respected & esteemed NFL rival to me. 

Good question. I wonder if the Ravens would have let Boldin and Pollard go if they hadn't won the Super Bowl. The Ravens had a twelve year drought, and you wonder if they would have made the same personnel moves had they not won. As it is, they are making the right moves in trying to improve a 17th ranked defense. There is no doubt the window had basically closed on that core group of Raven's players. I think the Patriots and Broncos sit in much better shape right now than Baltimore. Much of what happens for the ravens will depend on the draft, and what bargain basement free agents Ozzie can sign this year. The Colts, Texans, and Bengals are also moving up. That's the great thing about the NFL, there is always a chance for every team with the schedule, and the salary cap.

But Peyton had the brains to practice using a WET BALL IN ANTICIPATION OF THE POSSIBILITY BASED ON THE FORECAST

Okay, enough "Tuck Rule" jokes. I respect that Patriots & if I wanted too, I could make the joke that Rex Grossman was the MVP of SB 41 in 2006 since Rex's pathetic QB play secured a ring for Peyton Manning. Fair is fair. I can dish it & take it too.  :thmup:

Just don't claim Peyton is dome soft since both Chicago & Indy dealt with equal rain elements. The conditions were even on both lines of scrimmage. Thank you. 

Good point Barry! I remember watching that play unfold & it took forever to make a decision. Once they did, everybody was still trying to process what happened & the Raiders seemed understandably distracted & unfocused. Yes, Brady executed well & he deserves credit for that, but remember its easy to maintain focus when a call benefits your squad too. When you get slighted by an unorthodox call, you can't always just forget it & play ball either on the Raiders side.

Especially when 1 team gets the uplift  and uplifted players full of joy stay on the field and the other the letdown, and same defenders had to walk back on field slopping their way too i might add under those conditions

But Peyton had the brains to practice using a WET BALL IN ANTICIPATION OF THE POSSIBILITY BASED ON THE FORECAST

True, Peyton did do that. #18 did deserve the MVP that 2006 season, but perhaps Rex Grossman should have received either an honorable mention or a dual MVP status like Steve McNair did in 2003. Just Kidding! 

Especially when 1 team gets the uplift and uplifted players full of joy stay on the field and the other the letdown, and same defenders had to walk back on field slopping their way too i might add under those conditions

I felt so sorry for Charles Woodson. He caused the fumble, won the game, & his great heads up, game altering play was symbolically erased from the record books. Maybe now, with the upcoming "Tuck Rule" removal, an asterisk can be put in the NFL record books giving him credit for that fumble. It's weird though. Say Gruden wins that game & goes to the SB & takes down the Rams. "Chucky" would have never won the SB in 2002 with the Bucs 48-21.

Where would Bill Belichick be today? Hmmm...A spectacular N if L question Barry! ;)

NFL films should do a "Tuck Rule" special from the referees who worked that AFC Championship Game that day. That would be fascinating to watch IMO...Just don't air the program in Oakland. You might have civil unrest in that CA city...

Peyton's cryptonite is not rain but under 40 degree temps and/or snow. I mean didn't he soak his glove in a bucket of ice to prepare for the Ravens playoff game? Hardly helped him as he was throwing ducks late in the game.

In terms of the 2006 SB, I really thought Addai should have gotten MVP. He was a beast that game. I mean look at these stats: "Addai had 77 rushing yards and 10 receptions for 66 yards, for 143 total yards. His 10 receptions were the most ever by a running back in a Super Bowl, which left him one catch short of the overall record."

Could you imagine the public outcry in New England if Commissioner Roger Goodell determined that the Patriots organization must abdicate their 2001 Championship like Reggie Bush had to with the Heissman Trophy?

It would never happen though because such an unusual course of action would establish a horrible league wide precedent to 2nd guess all SB victories. NE won that game based on completing the necessary plays & they had no control over how zebras would interpret the "Tuck Rule." 

I felt so sorry for Charles Woodson. He caused the fumble, won the game, & his great heads up, game altering play was symbolically erased from the record books. Maybe now, with the upcoming "Tuck Rule" removal, an asterisk can be put in the NFL record books giving him credit for that fumble. It's weird though. Say Gruden wins that game & goes to the SB & takes down the Rams. "Chucky" would have never won the SB in 2002 with the Bucs 48-21.

Where would Bill Belichick be today? Hmmm...A spectacular N if L question Barry! ;)

NFL films should do a "Tuck Rule" special from the referees who worked that AFC Championship Game that day. That would be fascinating to watch IMO...Just don't air the program in Oakland. You might have civil unrest in that CA city...

Sure, put the asterix there along with the spygate one too. :-)  Put as many as you want. In the end, the Lombardi is in NE. Raiders could not hold a 13-3 point lead in the driving snow and allowed a second year QB in his 15 professional start to torch them for more than 300 yards passing in the second half and let up 13 unanswered points in the fourth quarter and OT. And don't forget the kneel down at the end of regulation ala Manning to ensure the Pats went on to win in O.T. Typical Raiders, blame one lucky call when you did not show up for an entire half of football and OT.

In terms of the 2006 SB, I really thought Addai should have gotten MVP. He was a beast that game.

amfootball, you bring up a fascinating dilemma: Are SB MVP'S based on a specific individual's best performance that night or the collective lifetime achievements of the NFL game winning QB? I have always wondered that. I know what MVP's are supposed to represent. That reality doesn't always come to pass though based on eras, teams, players, & the birth of free agency across the NFL starting with Reggie White going to the Packers in 1992. 

Peyton's cryptonite is not rain but under 40 degree temps and/or snow. I mean didn't he soak his glove in a bucket of ice to prepare for the Ravens playoff game? Hardly helped him as he was throwing ducks late in the game.

In terms of the 2006 SB, I really thought Addai should have gotten MVP. He was a beast that game.

addai opr Rhodes could all have been SB MVP's i wont say t no on tghat

No offense but at times u are just to negative and appear to take delight in putting someone down, I have never said a bad word about any Pat , player

He also said the bucket of ice & glove was something he will know in future if needed or not, & it wasnt below 40, it was like 11 & below 0 with windchill, He is up their in age and f does have post injury issues and dont say hes fixed as I have same condition and often go numb in cold weather  and cant grip a thing or have any arm or leg strength and basically fall alot, though I fall alot anyway but more with bad weather

He played well in fiirst half , after the break it really got to him as if he couldnt warm back up , thats usually the case with a nerve injury  among others once u stop , rest and restart, dont say i am wrong as have personal knowledge just not because i have issues but have seen it in my medical practice before i got disabled

I am not here for back & forth banter putting players down or on pedestals, I have far more vital life issues to deal with on a daily basis

Do me a favor , if u want to comeback at me for something i said that was right, just to point something else out thats bad just forget it, 

Just this time for this post is hard on me, my fingers have locked typing or spasmmed much, if not for spell check i wouyldnt be able to post at all, thats why i write only small few lines usually, not like this comment 

Usually when i post its always a copy & paste with a link u may have noticed and if u remember I defended why and u liked it even

on pats move from welker and why 

Thats all , other things to get back too, like maybe some breakfeast and at least 25 medically supervised pills, I take about 100 a day at least, I have proiblems ,

Try and honor my request

amfootball, you bring up a fascinating dilemma: Are SB MVP'S based on a specific individual's best performance that night or the collective lifetime achievements of the NFL game winning QB? I have always wondered that. I know what MVP's are supposed to represent. That reality doesn't always come to pass though based on eras, teams, players, & the birth of free agency across the NFL starting with Reggie White going to the Packers in 1992. 

According to the NFL, the SB MVP is just for that one game. I really think they should adopt the NHL format where the consmithe winner is actually MVP of the entire post-season. A few times a player on the losing finals team has won it which is just so cool. Although, if they really did do that, than Adam Vinateri would have been MVP for the pats in '01 and MVP for the Colts in '06. Ha,ha.

addai opr Rhodes could all have been SB MVP's i wont say t no on tghat

No offense but at times u are just to negative and appear to take delight in putting someone down, I have never said a bad word about any Pat , player

He also said the bucket of ice & glove was something he will know in future if needed or not, & it wasnt below 40, it was like 11 & below 0 with windchill, He is up their in age and f does have post injury issues and dont say hes fixed as I have same condition and often go numb in cold weather  and cant grip a thing or have any arm or leg strength and basically fall alot, though I fall alot anyway but more with bad weather

He played well in fiirst half , after the break it really got to him as if he couldnt warm back up , thats usually the case with a nerve injury  among others once u stop , rest and restart, dont say i am wrong as have personal knowledge just not because i have issues but have seen it in my medical practice before i got disabled

I am not here for back & forth banter putting players down or on pedestals, I have far more vital life issues to deal with on a daily basis

Do me a favor , if u want to comeback at me for something i said that was right, just to point something else out thats bad just forget it, 

Just this time for this post is hard on me, my fingers have locked typing or spasmmed much, if not for spell check i wouyldnt be able to post at all, thats why i write only small few lines usually, not like this comment 

Usually when i post its always a copy & paste with a link u may have noticed and if u remember I defended why and u liked it even

on pats move from welker and why 

Thats all , other things to get back too, like maybe some breakfeast and at least 25 medically supervised pills, I take about 100 a day at least, I have proiblems ,

Try and honor my request

My post was not directly at you perse but the point you made about Manning and who I believed was the true SB MVP of 2006. In the end, just an opinion. I also have no issue with Manning being named MVP as he had a pretty stellar game too. In terms of the glove, I was stating a fact as he has not won a playoff game ever when the game time temp is below 40. Also, get on me if you want but other posters on this very thread have been very negative toward the Pats and Brady so I am just responding to a lot of the drivel that is already here.

I always enjoy your posts and appreciate your comments. You have posted several times about your disabilities. I am very sorry for your situation but when you decide to post on a post board you have to expect responses you don't always agree with or even like. Good rule of thumb that I try to live by on these type of forums - don't take anything personal unless someone makes it personal at you, go with the flow and realize others may disagree with you, but bottom line, have fun. Sports are entertainment in the end and don't change your life whether or not your favorite team wins or loses.

According to the NFL, the SB MVP is just for that one game. I really think they should adopt the NHL format where the consmithe winner is actually MVP of the entire post-season. A few times a player on the losing finals team has won it which is just so cool. Although, if they really did do that, than Adam Vinateri would have been MVP for the pats in '01 and MVP for the Colts in '06. Ha,ha.

nothing against adam , if not for all those FG's Vs ravens i think, know 1 game were 5 in that sb run , I remember my cousin being happy he missed one in SB 41 in first half as he then won the office pool for first half & for game

anyway, have to check in with nurses attendant care at mom assisted living, she had 4 minor surgical procedures Monday, that is if u call anything minor when u r 94, brain tumor and severe COPD as well as 4 broken ribs for 2nd time

I was there, Drs office half a day plus time   with wheel chair van  & driver etc , as I said I have many life issues to deal wuth and am hear as an escape from them 

My post was not directly at you perse but the point you made about Manning and who I believed was the true SB MVP of 2006. In the end, just an opinion. I also have no issue with Manning being named MVP as he had a pretty stellar game too. In terms of the glove, I was stating a fact as he has not won a playoff game ever when the game time temp is below 40. Also, get on me if you want but other posters on this very thread have been very negative toward the Pats and Brady so I am just responding to a lot of the drivel that is already here.

I always enjoy your posts and appreciate your comments. You have posted several times about your disabilities. I am very sorry for your situation but when you decide to post on a post board you have to expect responses you don't always agree with or even like. Good rule of thumb that I try to live by on these type of forums - don't take anything personal unless someone makes it personal at you, go with the flow and realize others may disagree with you, but bottom line, have fun. Sports are entertainment in the end and don't change your life whether or not your favorite team wins or loses.

I will totally admit that many , far to many infact are Quite Patriot negative and relish when something goes wrong

BTW , never change my life on who wins or loses , been a Colt fan since mid 50's, the gopod and the bad for sure

& in other sports , my teams havent been winners in ages

Thats definitely all for nme now, bye

Sure, put the asterix there along with the spygate one too. :-)  Put as many as you want. In the end, the Lombardi is in NE. Raiders could not hold a 13-3 point lead in the driving snow and allowed a second year QB in his 15 professional start to torch them for more than 300 yards passing in the second half and let up 13 unanswered points in the fourth quarter and OT. And don't forget the kneel down at the end of regulation ala Manning to ensure the Pats went on to win in O.T. Typical Raiders, blame one lucky call when you did not show up for an entire half of football and OT.

You know that I strongly defend the Patriots against those nonsense cheating accusations amfootball. It's nothing more than hot air without any concrete evidence. I have no problem putting an * by SpyGate. I have also stated on several occasions that NE won all their Championships fair & square as well. Yes, if you look closely at any game film, a team can determine numerous times when balls were dropped, 1st downs weren't made, & they kicked FG's vs making TD's. No argument there.  I also agree that all Championship teams know how & when to slam the door shut & seal the victory. No team ever wins a SB trophy; they take away from all other Playoff contenders by force. Brutality in the NFL has it's place. It's how reputations are built & legacies are carved into stone. 

I always enjoy your posts and appreciate your comments.

Thank You 

You have posted several times about your disabilities. I am very sorry for your situation but when you decide to post on a post board you have to expect responses you don't always agree with or even like  

Disabled But maybe I talk about it as am quite proud how well i do when they dont even

know why i can walk,

More Concerned on mom than me --  anyway  Moms nurse has me on hold , better get back to speaker phone and not split my concentration   BYE

weird that he said 'i don't answer to Tom Brady'.  Maybe someone said he did?  The comment seems out of context, because of course he does not

different culture.  I cannot imagine our owner saying that..........but I can imagine the fan/media outrage if he did

Interesting perspective on that Hockey idea. One of my pet peeves: Why do NFL MVP Awards always stop short of post season play? At least wait to count all votes until the NFC & AFC Championship Game IMO. To be honest with you amfootball, AV was crucial in helping the Colts beat the Baltimore Ravens in 2006 too. His foot was on fire in that game & Adam singlehandedly won a tightly fought defensive game. Without Adam getting those field goals in that game, the Colts are not World Champions in 2006 either. I have to be honest here. Add safety Bob Sanders to that vital contributor list too actually. His presence on the field completely transformed our defense too.