Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeremy Kelley,Nathan Palmer,Sambrano all WR are they just camp fodder?

bahhummbug

I know they have high hopes for Nathan Palmer

I think the Colts do too.  He may break out this year.  

Also, remember last year when the coaches were really praising Sambrano?  He also has a lot of natural talent.

Kelly is a real roll of the die.  I don't expect him to make it.  But I never thought Freeman could get past training camp, so that shows how much I know.

I think the Colts do too.  He may break out this year.  

Also, remember last year when the coaches were really praising Sambrano?  He also has a lot of natural talent.

Kelly is a real roll of the die.  I don't expect him to make it.  But I never thought Freeman could get past training camp, so that shows how much I know.

6 6 225 though just play joe flacco throw hail marys down the field hope your guy wins :)

6 6 225 though just play joe flacco throw hail marys down the field hope your guy wins :)

It would be nice.  He didn't do much in college, I don't know if he can turn into Megatron over night.  Probably a project at best, maybe the PS.  Adams was pretty tall, but that never panned out.

It would be nice.  He didn't do much in college, I don't know if he can turn into Megatron over night.  Probably a project at best, maybe the PS.  Adams was pretty tall, but that never panned out.

he was tall but he had a small build. this guy is calvin johnson size

That's why I hated their games. Joe is a joke, he would just throw it up and hope for a catch or a penalty. Good for them but cheap.

He should buy everyone of his receivers a house they saved his bacon so many times with unbelievable catches.Wasnt pinpoint throwing with that arch he has it was plz catch this ball pretty plz:)

I don't think any of them are "Camp bodies". Nor do I think that they're going into camp thinking that. They're gonna give it their best to make this team. And all of them have the potential to do so

Sry not saying they wont give it their all just wondering if they have a good chance or not.Kelley played AFL never saw a game of his.

Dont forget about Griff Whalen.

Oh i havent ive already talked about him on several threads hes going to be fine.And rejoining Pep he will probably be a bigger part of game plan.I even mentioned him as reminding me of Wes Welker he takes some hard hits holds the ball gets up for more:)

Sry not saying they wont give it their all just wondering if they have a good chance or not.Kelley played AFL never saw a game of his.

Freeman came from the CFL. Doesn't matter where you're from, you just have to want it. You come from the AFL, not to many people will know you. So you have to ask yourself "do I want to make my name known?". I believe Kelley could be something special with his size, but he's gotta want it for himself

he was tall but he had a small build. this guy is calvin johnson size

Look at it this way, Fleener is an inch shorter, but weighs more and is faster.  If we're going to throw it up to someone, why not him?

Kelly may work out, that would be great.  But he didn't set records at Maine.  Can he catch, run routes, and get seperation?  That's what's going to be interesting to see.  

Can't Wait!

Look at it this way, Fleener is an inch shorter, but weighs more and is faster.  If we're going to throw it up to someone, why not him?

Kelly may work out, that would be great.  But he didn't set records at Maine.  Can he catch, run routes, and get seperation?  That's what's going to be interesting to see.  

Can't Wait!

can never have enough tall targets

Jeremy kelley is a freakish athlete. His pro day numbers were: 6-6, 223lbs, 4.55f, 14reps, 42v, 10'11"bj, 3.89s, 6.60c, 1.47ten, and 2.62twenty. All these numbers except the forty were similar to Calvin Johnson. In high school he played TE and DE. At Maine he was WR but he was not very productive. He played better at Maine on special teams. In the CFL he again played WR but was not procuctive. In the UFL he was a little more productive and had 7 tds among the several catches he made. Not sure if it is coaching or he is just not going to be a good receiver. Maybe a move to SS or LB would be better.

Jeremy kelley is a freakish athlete. His pro day numbers were: 6-6, 223lbs, 4.55f, 14reps, 42v, 10'11"bj, 3.89s, 6.60c, 1.47ten, and 2.62twenty. All these numbers except the forty were similar to Calvin Johnson. In high school he played TE and DE. At Maine he was WR but he was not very productive. He played better at Maine on special teams. In the CFL he again played WR but was not procuctive. In the UFL he was a little more productive and had 7 tds among the several catches he made. Not sure if it is coaching or he is just not going to be a good receiver. Maybe a move to SS or LB would be better.

lol

Watched some film on kelley last night.  Has skills but was against AFL players.  He does play HARD and will try to run you over. Catches with his hands and has great vertical.  Have to find a video with more than Post and streak routes.

You know, besides Fleener and Allen, we really don't have much at TE. Maybe he could put on a few lbs and try out there?

I thought we did not have any WR depth and NEEDED to draft one in the 1st round.

I'm'fused. :scratch::lol:

We don't have the kind of depth I want. I want 5 pro bowl wr's.

Anyhoo, I think only one of those guys has a chance to make the squad. I don't see why people think we are set at receiver. Besides wayne and hilton no one has proven themselves. We need to give Luck as many weapons as possible.

Did some people forget that the new NFL is pass happy and rules set up for the offense to succeed? I will be super ticked off if we don't get Reggie's replacement. (or at least try to) And if wayne or hilton go down, people will be singing the blues big time. If we have a chance to grab one of the top wr's, we'd be stupid not to.

Deandre Hopkins  really has me interested, I saw him on youtube, and he looks fantastic.

From here http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/1/4041498/2013-nfl-draft-prospects-wr-deandre-hopkins-scouting-profile-denver-broncos

Compares to:

"Reggie Wayne, WR, Indianapolis Colts - Like Wayne, Hopkins isn't the biggest or fastest, but he's able to manipulate his routes to create separation and is a reliable pass catcher with the body control, focus and competitive nature to finish. And like Wayne (30th pick in the 2001 NFL Draft), Hopkins will likely fall out of the top-25 picks and prove to be an excellent value in the late first or early second round."

We don't have the kind of depth I want. I want 5 pro bowl wr's.

Anyhoo, I think only one of those guys has a chance to make the squad. I don't see why people think we are set at receiver. Besides wayne and hilton no one has proven themselves. We need to give Luck as many weapons as possible.

Did some people forget that the new NFL is pass happy and rules set up for the offense to succeed? I will be super ticked off if we don't get Reggie's replacement. (or at least try to) And if wayne or hilton go down, people will be singing the blues big time. If we have a chance to grab one of the top wr's, we'd be stupid not to.

If a receiver we have graded high is on the board when 24 gets here,Grigs will probably snatch him.Thing is we do need youth in draft to maintain the team for future years,you cannot depend on spending big dollars in FA to keep a competitive team.I just do not know which side of the ball Grigs is looking.He was an offensive tackle so maybe he looks at the O-line first.Then again Pags is a Defense coach so maybe a safety to replace Bethea in future.At this point it is all speculation and each of us have our favorite players we want.Problem is most of us will not get that player :(.Iam for a receiver in first if and i say if he is a big receiver.And do not count out Griff Whalen if he stays healthy thru camp he will be on squad him and Pep together again.And this pass happy league also uses TEs we have 2 that can play and RBs are getting used more and more we will be fine if we dont draft 1 in first.