Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats Sign Leon Washington

amfootball

I like the signing, he can help replace the production from Woodhead and be the defacto return man on Kickoffs and Punts. This probably means that Jeff Demps is on the way out and is really pursuing a career in track like 1 report suggested. Thats a shame, but Washington is a great fill in for small money.

I hate to break it to ya but I dont see the ravens contending at all this year....

You may be correct. The Ravens are going to need a combination of bargain free agent signings, and another good draft to contend. They will still be strong on offense, as most of the pieces are intact, while the defense is obviously in shambles. I like the bargain basement signings of Canty and Spears, which should help the young draftees not being thrown to the wolves. That being said, I like what's being done, unlike 2001 when the resigned everyone after the Super Bowl win, signed Searcy and Gerbac, and then had to unload half the team in 2002. They are unloading alot of guys, but they are big salaried guys that will kill you long term with the cap. The goal is to contend every year, and maybe get hot for a Super Bowl run. It's possible the Ravens may not make it in 2013, but they are building for 2014, 2015, and beyond.

You may be correct. The Ravens are going to need a combination of bargain free agent signings, and another good draft to contend. They will still be strong on offense, as most of the pieces are intact, while the defense is obviously in shambles. I like the bargain basement signings of Canty and Spears, which should help the young draftees not being thrown to the wolves. That being said, I like what's being done, unlike 2001 when the resigned everyone after the Super Bowl win, signed Searcy and Gerbac, and then had to unload half the team in 2002. They are unloading alot of guys, but they are big salaried guys that will kill you long term with the cap. The goal is to contend every year, and maybe get hot for a Super Bowl run. It's possible the Ravens may not make it in 2013, but they are building for 2014, 2015, and beyond.

i lost all my respect for flacco. he is not worth anythig near what he got. i see them being crippled by this deal. i could be wrong though.

i lost all my respect for flacco. he is not worth anythig near what he got. i see them being crippled by this deal. i could be wrong though.

But they aren't...at least for the next 2 years when his cap hit is under 7m a year. After that, Flacco may restructure to give ravens more flexibility.

You lost all respect for him?!? If anything I respect him more for doing what he had to win... and then cash in big time. Only time will tell if he is worth it. You certainly can't fault him though.

What? Hes been considered 3rd tier or so at best for most of his career and all he has done is quietly win games and make it to the playoffs. He sealed the deal last year with his first Super Bowl win after playing some of the best post season football in NFL history. He had his pay day coming, and you can't hold it against a guy who just faught his way to elite status getting paid what all the other elite QBs are getting paid. That's just business, hes cashing in on over half a decade of solid work... How can you not be anything but happy for a guy like that, even if he is with the ENEMY! Patriots are going Raven hunting next year!

But they aren't...at least for the next 2 years when his cap hit is under 7m a year. After that, Flacco may restructure to give ravens more flexibility.

ya I get his contract. I guess I shouldnt take it out on Joe as much as his FO, I just cant believe what they have done to that team...

I hope Andrew is more team minded then most players are when it comes to a new contract.

What? Hes been considered 3rd tier or so at best for most of his career and all he has done is quietly win games and make it to the playoffs. He sealed the deal last year with his first Super Bowl win after playing some of the best post season football in NFL history. He had his pay day coming, and you can't hold it against a guy who just faught his way to elite status getting paid what all the other elite QBs are getting paid. That's just business, hes cashing in on over half a decade of solid work... How can you not be anything but happy for a guy like that, even if he is with the ENEMY! Patriots are going Raven hunting next year!

Dont forget Joe had an elite defence to bail him out. Cant wait to see how well he does with out them.....

If they're signing him strictly as a returner I think I would have rather seen them get Josh Cribbs, but Washington was probably a lot less expensive.

Either way, good... they seemed to constantly start drives with crappy field position last season.