Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

James Harrison cut

Dustin

Not a surprise. He is old and had a bad season, and he has a high cap hit. The Steelers wanted him to restructure and he wouldn't do it. Where does he end up?

Cincinnati needs an OLB and they have a ton of cap space.

Steelers released OLB James Harrison.

The move saves $5.105 million in salary cap space. "It's been a great run but all good things must come to a end," Harrison tweeted. "Thank you Steelers Nation I will miss you all!" Jason Worilds is the top in-house candidate to replace him opposite LaMarr Woodley, but the Steelers may look to the draft for more help. Harrison is going on age 35 and increasingly injury prone, but he can still harass quarterbacks at a near-elite rate. He becomes the No. 3 outside-rush linebacker available in free agency, behind only Cliff Avril and Paul Kruger.

Mar 9 - 11:50 AM

Sounds like it's confirmed to me?

Also you can never tell if his hits are gonna cost him a fine or suspension.

No surprise from the Steelers, they need to get younger on the defensive side of the ball.

Where he ends up is a mystery to me, especially with him being 35 years old and injury prone. Whoever signs him it will probably be a short term deal, 1-2 years.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Colts would still be in Baltimore if they build them a new stadium, but no.After the colts are gone Baltimore builds a new stadium and takes Cleveland's football team. Should of kept the Colts to begin with. 
    • To be clear…. There has not been a suspension for a second violation.  This suspension is for the original incident which happened three weeks ago, back on April 17.   I think Doyel issued two apologies.  One that night and the other the next day.  Honestly, as awkward and clumsy as it was, I thought Doyle actually meant well.     I dislike Doyel as much as anyone.  But I think this is a bit of overkill.  I don’t think it comes from the Indy Star.  The newspaper is now owned by Gannett which owns USA Today.  Corporate wheels move very slowly.  I wish this had blown over.    If I had thought for a moment that Doyel was being a jerk or a bad guy in any way I wouldn’t mind someone dropping the hammer on him.  This all feels a bit much, but life is often unfair.     Ok…. I’ve defended Greg Doyel.  I’ll go take a shower now.       
    • I wonder if Pierce might be used more instead of just being a deep threat? 
    • I'm watching an NBA game for the first time in at least 5 years. I don't know any of the players but Turner looks familiar.    My brother is right. They are playing a lot faster than what I remember in the past. It is a lot more fun.   Maybe I don't remember but it seems that the refs are not calling Traveling as much as they used to. Is that right? They are letting the guys play. It is much more fun to watch.
    • Dude is a useless waste of oxygen. 
  • Members