Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peters King FA that fit the colts

Mameluc

Peter king just offered his top 50 FA and it the list he says that Levitre, Vasquez, Knighton, Chris CLemons and Kruger are all fits.

completely had forgotten about Knighton and Clemons...i woudlnt mind Knighton but could he play DE? And clemons intrigues me.

Thoughts?

Big Knighton?? I hated him in Madden. Always harassing my offensive line & whatnot haha

Ha!  I played with the Colts, everyone harassed my O-Line.

I noticed King has A LOT of players that should go to the Colts and A LOT of players that should go to the Patriots.

Ha! I played with the Colts, everyone harassed my O-Line.

I noticed King has A LOT of players that should go to the Colts and A LOT of players that should go to the Patriots.

I solved that problem though. Peyton usually retires in his 14th year. I traded Peyton to the Jags for Knighton & some Draft Picks (1st & 2nd). Hilariously, Peyton retired the end of the season so the Jags didn't have a QB :lol:

He has us getting Vasquez and Levitre (something I said I'd like to see a few days ago). Plus Kruger, Knighton and Clemons. Doubtful that we get the top two guards and the top DE/OLB in free agency. But that would be one heck of a haul, and would significantly upgrade both lines.

I could take or leave Clemons. Hadn't considered Knighton, but as a five-tech end, I think he'd work alongside Redding. And he's younger than I thought (only 26).

On Kruger, Ed Werder is reporting that he might be commanding $12m/year. I say no way. I'm leery of the earlier reported $8m/year. No way I'd give Kruger that much money.

He has us getting Vasquez and Levitre (something I said I'd like to see a few days ago). Plus Kruger, Knighton and Clemons. Doubtful that we get the top two guards and the top DE/OLB in free agency. But that would be one heck of a haul, and would significantly upgrade both lines.

I could take or leave Clemons. Hadn't considered Knighton, but as a five-tech end, I think he'd work alongside Redding. And he's younger than I thought (only 26).

On Kruger, Ed Werder is reporting that he might be commanding $12m/year. I say no way. I'm leery of the earlier reported $8m/year. No way I'd give Kruger that much money.

Apparently I'm in the minority on Levitre. I don't see us paying 8 million a yr. for a guy that we don't know will able to handle a man blocking scheme. seems to be an awful big risk IMO,

Apparently I'm in the minority on Levitre. I don't see us paying 8 million a yr. for a guy that we don't know will able to handle a man blocking scheme. seems to be an awful big risk IMO,

No, I'm with you. But didn't you say earlier that we have to accept the coaches see more than we do? If Grigs does sign him, I'll accept that he can do what we need him to do.

No, I'm with you. But didn't you say earlier that we have to accept the coaches see more than we do? If Grigs does sign him, I'll accept that he can do what we need him to do.

yeah, and I will accept it if they sign him. They obviously know more than me, but like I said, Levitre is going to be the highest paid guard this yr. in free agency and I just don't see paying that kind of money for a guy that is not a scheme fit.

yeah, and I will accept it if they sign him. They obviously know more than me, but like I said, Levitre is going to be the highest paid guard this yr. in free agency and I just don't see paying that kind of money for a guy that is not a scheme fit.

To be honest, I don't know enough about him. Has he always been in the same type of O, does he have the physical skills for man blocking, etc. He played T at Oregon ST so he must be mobile.

I'm sure Grigs and Pags will study him thoroughly before making an offer.

To be honest, I don't know enough about him. Has he always been in the same type of O, does he have the physical skills for man blocking, etc. He played T at Oregon ST so he must be mobile.

I'm sure Grigs and Pags will study him thoroughly before making an offer.

I'm sure they will study it too, but he's only 6'2" and barely over 300 lbs.. I read an article on him here while back that was saying he wasn't a good run blocker and he struggled to stay engaged with his defender. Said he was a very good pass blocker though. Now, from the things that Pep has stated about his offensive system, levitre doesn't sound like a good fit. A smaller, weak, but athletic guard that is perfect for a zone blocking scheme. We'll see what happens, but if I had to make a guess, I don't think Levitre is in our plans, although I've been wrong before.

I'm sure they will study it too, but he's only 6'2" and barely over 300 lbs.. I read an article on him here while back that was saying he wasn't a good run blocker and he struggled to stay engaged with his defender. Said he was a very good pass blocker though. Now, from the things that Pep has stated about his offensive system, levitre doesn't sound like a good fit. A smaller, weak, but athletic guard that is perfect for a zone blocking scheme. We'll see what happens, but if I had to make a guess, I don't think Levitre is in our plans, although I've been wrong before.

I agree that there are scheme questions with Levitre, but his ability in our man scheme is far better than the guard play we've gotten the past four years. Maybe that's not worth $8m/year, but I do think he's an upgrade.

And for as well as Vasquez will supposedly fit, Levitre is a better, more talented, and higher rated player. It may very well be that Levitre is as good as Vasquez is in a man scheme. The question at that point is about the money.

I agree that there are scheme questions with Levitre, but his ability in our man scheme is far better than the guard play we've gotten the past four years. Maybe that's not worth $8m/year, but I do think he's an upgrade.

And for as well as Vasquez will supposedly fit, Levitre is a better, more talented, and higher rated player. It may very well be that Levitre is as good as Vasquez is in a man scheme. The question at that point is about the money.

I think it's debatable about who is rated higher depending on what stats your looking at. Here are some that were posted in the other section here.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9342&team=24

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9315&team=2

From these stats, I think they tell a different story as to who's better. I honestly think that Levitre just appeals to more teams because more teams run the ZBS as opposed to the man system, therefore Levitre has more value to more teams.

I think it's debatable about who is rated higher depending on what stats your looking at. Here are some that were posted in the other section here.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9342&team=24

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9315&team=2

From these stats, I think they tell a different story as to who's better. I honestly think that Levitre just appeals to more teams because more teams run the ZBS as opposed to the man system, therefore Levitre has more value to more teams.

That's possible.

Couldn't find the article, but is he saying we're going to get all of them or just that they fit our team?

I wouldn't pay 8m for any guard

If the bidding on Kruger goes above $8 Mill per year which was his reported asking price at the end of the season,  then I'm out.

I'm willing to pay the asking price,  but not more.    It's like buying a house.   At some point you have to say,  let the other guy buy it if they really want it that much.   At some point it's no longer the 'right deal'....

Above $8 Mill and it's no longer the right deal.     At least, not for me.

If the bidding on Kruger goes above $8 Mill per year which was his reported asking price at the end of the season, then I'm out.

I'm willing to pay the asking price, but not more. It's like buying a house. At some point you have to say, let the other guy buy it if they really want it that much. At some point it's no longer the 'right deal'....

Above $8 Mill and it's no longer the right deal. At least, not for me.

Same here....an OLB I think we should consider is UFA Victor Butler from Dallas.

He'd likely cost half as much as Kruger, if that...and played pretty solid in the chances he got backing up Ware and Spencer.

Butler's stats.... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/ButlVi99.htm

Kruger's stats.... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KrugPa99.htm

And you'd have to give Kruger the edge in the surrounding cast on the defense he played with.

IMO.....Butler could be a solid value in free agency.

Same here....an OLB I think we should consider is UFA Victor Butler from Dallas.

He'd likely cost half as much as Kruger, if that...and played pretty solid in the chances he got backing up Ware and Spencer.

Butler's stats.... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/ButlVi99.htm

Kruger's stats.... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KrugPa99.htm

And you'd have to give Kruger the edge in the surrounding cast on the defense he played with.

IMO.....Butler could be a solid value in free agency.

I thought of Victor too...cheaper 2 year stop gag i tihnk...also it seems we are interested in baarnes