Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrann Mathieu on Colts radar?

No this is not a rumor, wish it was cause I would be all for our Colts targeting Matheiu in the 3rd. I think with Pagano guiding him, he could be a stud in this defense as a nickel or possibly even starter at CB. I know he is undersized, but Janoris Jenkins is only an inch taller with 10 more pounds on him so Matheiu would be fine if he added some more muscle.

Really just check out a highlight of this kid. Jumps off the screen at you! I want him on this team! And remember Grigson said he wont take character issues as seriously as the Polians did. He considers it, but if he feels our coaches can coach him up, then he is good with taking him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7_hzArz2w

Early in the video Mathieu makes OT Jake Matthews look silly with a crazy dip move and Matthews could be a top 5 pick next year.

With his great combine Im not sure he'd last that long. Remember even with character issues Janoris Jenkins went in round 2. Matheiu wont go that high but late 3rd is very possible.

Jenkins was a top 10 talent....Mathieu never was considered in the same class

Really just check out a highlight of this kid. Jumps off the screen at you! I want him on this team! And remember Grigson said he wont take character issues as seriously as the Polians did. He considers it, but if he feels our coaches can coach him up, then he is good with taking him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7_hzArz2w

Early in the video Mathieu makes OT Jake Matthews look silly with a crazy dip move and Matthews could be a top 5 pick next year.

That's because it's a highlight video...

I'm reminded of the story that Mike Mayock told during Mathieu's work out at the combine....

That a GM told him that he'd need 15 minutes to talk to Mathieu about the kids play on the field....

And...

About 4 hours to talk to him about all his issues off the field.    Anyone here thinks Mathieu's love for marijuana is a 4-hour interview is kidding themselves.   He's got a lot of off the field issues....  and that will scare off many teams...   and I suspect the Colts will be one of them...

Just my hunch....

I'm reminded of the story that Mike Mayock told during Mathieu's work out at the combine....

That a GM told him that he'd need 15 minutes to talk to Mathieu about the kids play on the field....

And...

About 4 hours to talk to him about all his issues off the field.    Anyone here thinks Mathieu's love for marijuana is a 4-hour interview is kidding themselves.   He's got a lot of off the field issues....  and that will scare off many teams...   and I suspect the Colts will be one of them...

Just my hunch....

Personally , I think his situation is kind of over blown. While incredibly dumb givin his chosen profession...he was smoking a lot of weed, not shooting heroin, snorting coke, beating women, or knocking up half of Baton Rouge.

Jenkins and Mathieu's combine results.  They are virtually the same player but I think Mathieu has a higher football IQ.

Mathieu had a 34 inch vert.  A 4.5 40 yard dash.  6.87 3 cone.  4.14 shuttle. ....

2012 NFL Combine Pre-draft measureables Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP 5 ft 10 in 193 lb 32" in 8.25" in 4.46 s     4.13 s 6.95 s 33.5 in 10 ft 1 in   All values from NFL combine[4][5]

Jenkins and Mathieu's combine results.  They are virtually the same player but I think Mathieu has a higher football IQ.

Mathieu had a 34 inch vert.  A 4.5 40 yard dash.  6.87 3 cone.  4.14 shuttle. ....

2012 NFL Combine Pre-draft measureables Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP 5 ft 10 in 193 lb 32" in 8.25" in 4.46 s     4.13 s 6.95 s 33.5 in 10 ft 1 in   All values from NFL combine[4][5]

They aren't anything close to the same player....athlete maybe

2012 NFL Combine Pre-draft measureables Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP 5 ft 10 in 193 lb 32" in 8.25" in 4.46 s     4.13 s 6.95 s 33.5 in 10 ft 1 in   All values from NFL combine%5B4%5D%5B5%5D

Virtually the same player. . . except the small fact that one is a nickel corner and one is a #1 corner. Why look at film at all? I hope Grigson does his entire draft on 40 times. I also like how you left off Matthieu's size and his 4 reps at 225.

No this is not a rumor, wish it was cause I would be all for our Colts targeting Matheiu in the 3rd. I think with Pagano guiding him, he could be a stud in this defense as a nickel or possibly even starter at CB. I know he is undersized, but Janoris Jenkins is only an inch taller with 10 more pounds on him so Matheiu would be fine if he added some more muscle.

Tyrann doesn't compare to Janoris, Janoris has cover skills that can make him an elite Corner given more time in the league and more of a reputation up, Tyrann just dont have those skills, He might make it as a FS but I'd target other Safeties later more so then I would Mathieu in the 3rd

This is the last time you'll see the name Mathieu and High IQ, in the same sentence. Mathieu is dumb as a brick.