Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you think is the most overrated player in the league?

Dustin

You have a grim way of looking at things. To assume that just because Andy has his college OC doesn't mean he will automatically do better. It's not good switching offenses for young quarterbacks, look at what happened with Bradford and Smith. Besides, when Griff comes back, even if he does not run for a while he will still light guys up standing in the pocket, as he has been known to do. The Colts are quite lucky they aren't looking for another QB this year with the trouble they were putting 12 in behind that sad excuse for an o-line. We'll see how both do next season, and we'll see over their careers who should have gone number one, Wilson included.

Grim  made me laugh buddy .  #12 playing behind a joke of a O-line playing in BA's  long ball system put him at risk just like Big Ben holding the ball to long will lead to alot of hits on your QB - Correct ? .  So all tho nothing is automatic being in a system with a familiar OC  is a step forward & With the hybrid WCO the passing game will be shortened taking pressure off of a very mobile QB add in our expectations of upgrades  on the O-line things are gonna change for the better .

I would like to see bob light people up from the pocket , thats the only thing I think he can't do . It would prolong his career at this point he just reminds me of a young Micheal Vick  or Vince Young .

The Colts IMO were always gonna draft #12  if we had drafted Bob with our O-line & lack of a running game he would not have lasted half the season & would have been a disaster . So the person who shoulda gone first to the Colts is without question Andrew Luck .

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grim made me laugh buddy . #12 playing behind a joke of a O-line playing in BA's long ball system put him at risk just like Big Ben holding the ball to long will lead to alot of hits on your QB - Correct ? . So all tho nothing is automatic being in a system with a familiar OC is a step forward & With the hybrid WCO the passing game will be shortened taking pressure off of a very mobile QB add in our expectations of upgrades on the O-line things are gonna change for the better .

I would like to see bob light people up from the pocket , thats the only thing I think he can't do . It would prolong his career at this point he just reminds me of a young Micheal Vick or Vince Young .

The Colts IMO were always gonna draft #12 if we had drafted Bob with our O-line & lack of a running game he would not have lasted half the season & would have been a disaster . So the person who shoulda gone first to the Colts is without question Andrew Luck .

I disagree with every single thing you just said. Griffin killed defenses from the pocket and he is much better than either Vick or Young. You haven't watched a single Redskin game this season have you. Griff would have played well on the Colts and would have made your RB look better too. Your view is so biased and uninformed its not even funny mate.

Easy...

Tim Tebow...lost 4 of his last 5 and is considered the ultimate winner...

If he was Muslim..or Mormom...he would not be in the NFL..

People don't like him because of his religion they like him because he's a good guy and has an almost Cinderella story...when he played for the Broncos, anyway. He could be a good quarterback in the right system.

People dont like him because he played the 'My Lord and savior Jesus Christ' line into getting a

chance to stat and fail ant the NFL level..

..People dont like him because he cant play at the NFL level and he gets talked about as if he can

a... He's Rex Grossman wrapped in the bible..

Tebow has been deeply religious since before he even became a high school star. It isn't some malevolent ploy to get people to like him. He has played at the NFL level with success and if not for Elway he would still be the starter in Denver. His fame has nothing to do with his religion.

I disagree with every single thing you just said. Griffin killed defenses from the pocket and he is much better than either Vick or Young. You haven't watched a single Redskin game this season have you. Griff would have played well on the Colts and would have made your RB look better too. Your view is so biased and uninformed its not even funny mate.

LOL actually  it is .  my use of the word dude is a west coast thing is it safe to say mate, is a from the other side of the pond thing ?

I find humor in most things on message boards these are our opinions & most are homers . I freely admit as a Colts fan I rarely watch other teams much I have NFL Network & Espn  so biased & uniformed maybe  :highfive2: trust me I do see an abundance of highlights on hyped players RG3 the latest - Cam Newton the previous - Tim Tebow  before that . Next year another media darling will step up

There is absolutely no way RG3  would have the success he had in Indy you may be the only one drinking that kool-aid .

LOL actually  it is .  my use of the word dude is a west coast thing is it safe to say mate, is a from the other side of the pond thing ?

I find humor in most things on message boards these are our opinions & most are homers . I freely admit as a Colts fan I rarely watch other teams much I have NFL Network & Espn  so biased & uniformed maybe  :highfive2: trust me I do see an abundance of highlights on hyped players RG3 the latest - Cam Newton the previous - Tim Tebow  before that . Next year another media darling will step up

There is absolutely no way RG3  would have the success he had in Indy you may be the only one drinking that kool-aid .

And since when have highlights ever captured an athlete's full array of ability? I live in Houston, not over the pond. The media darling, as you put it, will not be any of the next rookie QBs, that's for sure. I like drinking the right kind of Kool-Aid...the unbiased and uncritical kind. Harp on Griffin all you want but I would still take him over 12 any day of the week. But that's just me.

And since when have highlights ever captured an athlete's full array of ability? I live in Houston, not over the pond. The media darling, as you put it, will not be any of the next rookie QBs, that's for sure. I like drinking the right kind of Kool-Aid...the unbiased and uncritical kind. Harp on Griffin all you want but I would still take him over 12 any day of the week. But that's just me.

I have family in Houston I  had'nt heard the term Mate used much was trying to place it .

I agree the next batch of rookies are dismal .

No highlights don't cover everything if I feel the need to look further no problem I research those of interest .

I don't like running QB's  until 1 really succeeds for a few years I don't see the need , I see stats & I see the team

around him & that team would have been just as good with Cousins in the line up , In Wins period . I'm just not buying what your selling

The media darling will still be RG3  in my biased & critical opinion ..

I have family in Houston I  had'nt heard the term Mate used much was trying to place it .

I agree the next batch of rookies are dismal .

No highlights don't cover everything if I feel the need to look further no problem I research those of interest .

I don't like running QB's  until 1 really succeeds for a few years I don't see the need , I see stats & I see the team

around him & that team would have been just as good with Cousins in the line up , In Wins period . I'm just not buying what your selling

The media darling will still be RG3  in my biased & critical opinion ..

They would have been no better with Cousins in than the Broncos would have been with Osweiler in...oh wait. Lol but I use mate sometimes just because. I also like dude, buddy, bro, stuff like that too.

Oh and join the discussion whenever you want, Kage. ;)

I've always thought Denver's two best pass rushers (Dumervil and Miller) were both overrated. I know Miller has had some insane production over the past two seasons but in the Broncos games I've seen he's been almost invisible.

To me, the definition of an overrated guy is a player who dominates crappy teams and no-shows when he's up against better competition. When teams gameplan for you and you still dominate, that's greatness, IMO. 

-___- You just keep getting more and more interesting

Not really  I grew up in L.A & have visited many big cities I am always aware of my surrounding's .

NYC TAXICAB FACT BOOK
SCHALLER CONSULTING

91% of drivers are immigrants and 9% were
born in the United States. The most
common countries of origin are Pakistan
(14.4%), Bangladesh (13.6%) and India
(10.2%).

They would have been no better with Cousins in than the Broncos would have been with Osweiler in...oh wait. Lol but I use mate sometimes just because. I also like dude, buddy, bro, stuff like that too.

Oh and join the discussion whenever you want, Kage. ;)

that's alright , Adonis is doing a fine job lol.  I Like RG3 but I feel Luck will be the better of the 2 and have more success in the long run.  Oh and RG3 had a much better O-Line than Luck and a pretty good RB(which should and does praise RG3 for his success). All in all I feel both teams got what they wanted and both are going to be great so I don't really see a need for this debate. We are all probably going to be wrong with who is better, when little Wilson turns out to be the best lol.

Not really  I grew up in L.A & have visited many big cities I am always aware of my surrounding's .

NYC TAXICAB FACT BOOK
SCHALLER CONSULTING

91% of drivers are immigrants and 9% were
born in the United States. The most
common countries of origin are Pakistan
(14.4%), Bangladesh (13.6%) and India
(10.2%).

So everyone who drives taxis in NYC has to be a practicioner of Muslim? I have Indian friends who are Christian. Not a big deal though.

that's alright , Adonis is doing a fine job lol.  I Like RG3 but I feel Luck will be the better of the 2 and have more success in the long run.  Oh and RG3 had a much better O-Line than Luck and a pretty good RB(which should and does praise RG3 for his success). All in all I feel both teams got what they wanted and both are going to be great so I don't really see a need for this debate. We are all probably going to be wrong with who is better, when little Wilson turns out to be the best lol.

Wilson? Wilson? Psssh, Tannehill. haha

So everyone who drives taxis in NYC has to be a practicioner of Muslim? I have Indian friends who are Christian. Not a big deal though.

American Indian ? Me Too

According to the 2001 census, 80.5% of the population of India  practice Hinduism , Islam  (13.4%), Christianity (2.3%),

And there are christians in Iraq too probably not much of a majority .

I agree with you to an extent. They have all been overhyped to a point. What I don't see, is Luck and Wilson articles on a daily basis or either of their faces in commercials. I think that is because Luck and Wilson are more determined to prove their hype before they actually buy into it. Honestly, I like Wilson better than RG3 despite his height. :D  I also think Kaepernick has a better throwing touch and just as strong of an arm as RG3. The reason I don't buy into the RG3 hype is because he will never last playing the way he played last yr.. That has been discussed at length so I won't say anymore about that, but I also don't think he puts the right touch on his passes. It looks like he thinks he has to throw a 100 mph fast ball on every throw to show off his arm strength. We'll see next season who continue's to improve and who doesn't.

I just wanted it known that in today's media storm....social networking etc...they all are overhyped.  I agree with everything you are saying.  Overhyped...all of them. (I think they are all good players...and some will become great!  :)

Good post Brent. All 3 rookie QBs were hyped up a lot this season. There was not one that was singled out. :thmup:

I love the debates, Quiz....but they were all hyped...overly so IMO.  That is not a criticism.....just today's world of Insiders....and knowing every hang-nail....tidbit about someone...it is over-hype no matter how you look at it.

I love the debates, Quiz....but they were all hyped...overly so IMO. That is not a criticism.....just today's world of Insiders....and knowing every hang-nail....tidbit about someone...it is over-hype no matter how you look at it.

Yeah I was agreeing with you my friend lol.

Yeah I was agreeing with you my friend lol.

I know....I was just sayin....:)  I made my point that all 4 were overhyped.  I did not mean to sound argumentative there...we will save that for another thread  :spit: Maybe a New Orleans Saints thread...where I get a 30 day vacation :)  jvan remembers that one...been taking meds since  haha

I've always thought Denver's two best pass rushers (Dumervil and Miller) were both overrated. I know Miller has had some insane production over the past two seasons but in the Broncos games I've seen he's been almost invisible.

To me, the definition of an overrated guy is a player who dominates crappy teams and no-shows when he's up against better competition. When teams gameplan for you and you still dominate, that's greatness, IMO. 

Miller totally got a pass for his performance in the playoffs......

Overhyped:  Danica Patrick....compared to Jordan commercially....OOOPS..not in my NASCAR THREAD.......

DanicaPatrick.jpg

If I hadn't met her, I might like her more.  Just don't.  And, she's too windy to commentate.  Give me Keslowski anyday commenting on a race.  I don't need to know anybody feelings.   

There was a time when people questioned picking Peyton Manning over this dude anyone remember the great Ryan Leaf .Maybe you know him as inmate # 7483925 the best toilet scrubber in the business.

69140124.jpg

Rickey, what kind of plant ya got in your hand?   :funny: OK...it is me-di-cin-al.......gotcha..... :woah:

Ak -47 or Blueberry ?   I hear he has a medicinal drive-thru franchise up near Humboldt county .Where he is the Doc on call .

Flacco and Eli have to be up there.  For guys who have played well enough at the right times to win rings neither looks manages to consistently impress me like the truly elite guys do.  Ndamukong Suh is also a guy who is far less impactful than his reputation and rookie year would suggest.

I'm sure there is a better candidate that I can't think of right now...

Yep, I'm gonna go there.....RG3. For a guy that has played less than a full season in the NFL, he gets hyped and talked about more than any other player in the league. Anytime a rookie gets article after article chronicling every step of his recovery from surgery and then a commercial focusing on his timeline to be back, well lets just say it's went past the ridiculous and into a whole new realm of stupidity.

His biggest fan in 3...2...1...

I wouldn't disagree with any of the rookie QBs (or Kaepernick for that matter) being called overhyped.  They all played well but the media attention for each and every one of them has been a bit much, with each taking the spotlight at a different time and for different reasons.  All of those guys have notable flaws in their game that need to be worked out, too, which at this point I've mentioned about a billion times in different threads on all of them.  I will say that "less than a full season" line is just silly, though.  Griffin missed one start, by bringing that up you make it sound like he missed substantial time.

As for any of those guys being the most overhyped, though?  Nah.  That's gotta go to a player who truly doesn't deserve the praise he gets, not one who gets more attention than is warranted.

Blanket statement:  All solid rookie quarterbacks are overhyped.  The Sophomore season is a telling tale...see Cam and Dalton just off of my head.  The league will adjust.  In this list I include:

• Andrew Luck.....great year....love him.....we all agree he was not as accurate as he should have been...sky is the limit...some already have him in the HOF.   :)
  • RG3:  Fantastic talent.....rookie of the year....Olympic speed.  John Madden said he is the best player in the league...hype?  Yep.  Overhyped...yep :)
  • Kaep:  See Gavin's remark above:  "Need to see it over a full season"  Overhyped...YEP...sometimes comes with the Super Bowl appearance though!
  • Russell Wilson:  Fantastic story...story...story....more stories  :spit: Hype...yep.....especially when rumors flew he was being benched about week 4...

I could mention a couple of the other rookies, but no need.  All of these QBs have been overhyped in the media circus we live in...it is simple as that.  And guess what?????  We are on here hyping them more.....and we are free to express our opinions.  What I see in Russell Wilson....Balzer for example may say "I would never play a 5' 10 QB in my life:)"  Who knows?

Lets look to year 2 and beyond for these STUD QBs.....see I overhyped them somemore.  That is what WE fans do...and especially the media and social outlets....Amen  :funny:  :lol:  haha

I think Dalton had a pretty good season, Cincy gave the super bowl champs a real run for the division, & alot of Daltons numbers improved, and I may be wrong, but I think Dalton got Cincy to two consecutive playoff births for the first time in team history...

just saying...

Flacco and Eli have to be up there.  For guys who have played well enough at the right times to win rings neither looks manages to consistently impress me like the truly elite guys do.  Ndamukong Suh is also a guy who is far less impactful than his reputation and rookie year would suggest.

I wouldn't disagree with any of the rookie QBs (or Kaepernick for that matter) being called overhyped.  They all played well but the media attention for each and every one of them has been a bit much, with each taking the spotlight at a different time and for different reasons.  All of those guys have notable flaws in their game that need to be worked out, too, which at this point I've mentioned about a billion times in different threads on all of them.  I will say that "less than a full season" line is just silly, though.  Griffin missed one start, by bringing that up you make it sound like he missed substantial time.

As for any of those guys being the most overhyped, though?  Nah.  That's gotta go to a player who truly doesn't deserve the praise he gets, not one who gets more attention than is warranted.

Did we just agree on something :)  Time to sing a song... :funny:

Just kidding RGIII...good post.

I just find it comical how the media and RG3's doctor are going out of their way to let everybody know just how far he's came since his surgery that hasn't even been 2 months yet. Add in the Adidas commercial and it crossed the line into stupidity IMO. Outside of Skins fans and young fella's that have a serious mancrush's on RG3, nobody cares!!! NO other rookie has gotten the ridiculous air time that RG3 has gotten. Not even the Super Bowl runner up QB.(technically not a rookie though).