Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

National Signing Day: Andrew Luck

bap1331

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136787/article/national-signing-day-nfl-style-aaron-rodgers-atop-wish-list

I don't know if anyone saw this article on NFL.com. 9 NFL.com writers were asked what quarterback they would take to build a franchise, here are the votes:

Andrew Luck: 3

Aaron Rodgers: 3

RG3: 1

Wilson:1

JJ Watt: 1 -There is always that ignorant person with an ignorant pick...:)

Not too surprising...

Regarding JJ Watt, if there is one non-quarterback you build your team around it's either Watt or AP.

I personally don't think Watt is that good...

If he were good, he would have figured out how not to get blown by the Patriots twice in a year...

AP is good, but no team with the best runningback ever wins a Super Bowl (aka Barry Sanders, LaDanian Tomlison)

If he were good, he would have figured out how not to get blown by the Patriots twice in a year...

AP is good, but no team with the best runningback ever wins a Super Bowl (aka Barry Sanders, LaDanian Tomlison)

Watt just had the greatest season by a defensive lineman in the history of the league. I would say he's pretty good.

So JJ Watt is completely responsible for the entire team's performance in those two games?

And I'll second what Dustin said.

ok... first of all. no matter how spectacular you play as an individual ( especially if ur a D line man) if the rest of your team edit their pants, ur gonna lose. those games were not JJ's fault. If JJ watt isn't good, then nobody's good.

Edited by Coltssouth
masked cursing

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136787/article/national-signing-day-nfl-style-aaron-rodgers-atop-wish-list

I don't know if anyone saw this article on NFL.com. 9 NFL.com writers were asked what quarterback they would take to build a franchise, here are the votes:

JJ Watt: 1 -There is always that ignorant person with an ignorant pick... :)

JJ Watt: 1 -There is always that ignorant person with an ignorant pick... :)

the article didn't mention that it had to be a QB. it just said who would u build ur team around.

bahhhhahah. JJ Watt - not that good? Next you'll tell us Grizzly Adams had a beard.

Walter Payton disagrees with you.

Different topic, but did anyone catch ESPN when the were talking about Brady's contract and by 2017 he'd be 40?

So they asked Damien Woody to name the top 5 QBs in 2017. This is off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it's what he said, from 5 to 1:

Ryan, Flacco, Luck, Wilson, Rodgers

Of course, we all know it will be Luck at #1 and who cares from 5-2.

If you ask me Wilson and RG3 to some extent had their play inflated by good running games and good offensive lines.

I'll take Luck thank you.  His team won 11 games with a horrible running game and a horrible offensive line.  

People got too caught up in the statistics to look at who these guys where playing with.  And how much they personally had to do in order to win the game.

Right now, I would take Rodgers over Luck because he has more experience. Luck will surpass Rodgers when he gets as old as Rodgers is.

I like the pick of JJ Watt over Wilson or RG3 because both QBs are more likely to get hurt because of the offenses they run and their build.

Watt should get more respect because the guy is a monster on defense and makes everyone around him better.

I really like Andrew Luck, but right now..(emphasis on right now)..I'd go with Rodgers...he already has some experience and has won a Super Bowl. He's still only 29, and had at least 6-9 good years left..I too believe that Luck will surpass Rodgers one day.

If I had to choose a non-QB, there is only one choice. Adrian Peterson..I saw a post earlier saying that teams with the best RB's don't win Super Bowls..Peterson is not just any old RB. He basically carried his team into the playoffs this year.If you are building a team from scratch, a great RB such as Peterson can take a LOT of pressure off of a young QB, (or any QB for that matter), and open up a lot more in the passing game, because teams will have to stack the box more often. Even if they stack the box, Peterson can still breakaway at any time, and numerous times has beaten 8, or even 9 in the box. In this case, you could seriously make an argument for Peterson as a guy you would want to build a team around.