Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Swope

I like him.

Has great speed, and size.

Ex-running back so a thick body and tough as nails. Very reliable hands

6'0 205

Not sure when he's mocked to go

I really like this kid too...   

If Indy could steal I would do a cart wheel.....       in my back yard.....  :thmup:

That's great.

Read this article, it speaks of the white player comparison conspiracy:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/ryan-swope-nfl-combine-white-stereotypes/

It's so true.

Yes, it is true, it comes natural to human beings, that is why.

But then, which non-white WR can we compare him to? How about Pierre Garcon, when he came out of Mount Union at 6'0", 210 lbs, with speed? But then, Swope's hands are superior, coming out of college, IMO though he is around the same frame at 6'0", 205. What, I am not sure, is Swope's run blocking. Did Johnny Manziel ever give up the ball to his RB? :)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72952&draftyear=2008&genpos=WR

Seriously though, it's unfortunate how lazy scouts (professional and armchair) can be for how serious they take hobby/profession. Most of them remind me of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

Swope's always been fast. There's plenty of footage available for anyone who looked for it where he burns guys and doesn't get caught from behind. Dude ran a 10.7 100m in high school. 

TJ Moe, on the other hand...that guy's everything people project the white slot WR stereotype to be lol. But putting Swope in that category is just lazy scouting.